• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:51:12 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Questions about Comet and Summon Gun

Started by Argy, August 12, 2013, 07:40:23 am

Argy

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could help me,

Firstly, how do i go about creating the Comet ability found in Arena and JoT5? I absolutely love this ability.

Secondly, how is the elemental/summon gun created in 1.3? I know that this is FFH abd not ID!  :oops:

Cheers Argy
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Rfh

If you want the formula Dmg_(100) , Pride has in his threat http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6999.0 a hack named "Formula 11 becomes Damage = Y" Apply this ASM hack in your ISO and select the ability that you want transform in Comet, and select Y=100.
  • Discord username: rfh

Jumza

August 12, 2013, 10:00:06 am #2 Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:45:40 am by Jumza
if you want to change the spells that the elemental guns use, you have to put the spells you want over Fire / Ice / Thunder 1 / 2 / 3.

For instance, replacing fire 1 2 3 with something like blind, poison and death would make the spellgun use those spells in that order. If you want to copy one spell over another just right click it and copy it as you would with anything else on your computer. If you want to keep Fire around in this instance I would just make them switch places, and then change everything in the black mage skillset, fftactext etc... accordingly.

Hope that helps.

Edit, never mind. It's something else.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Argy

Rfh and Jumza, thanks so much for your swift response. Ohhhh..... a status gun....i like it Jumza.... I suppose you could then have ones that could shoot protect, regen and reraise etc
Cheers Argy
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Pride

No that is incorrect. The only thing taken the abilities are the effect and the ability Y. Since those status spells it would be doing damage WP * 0 and inflict no status. It could be hacked to shoot status spells but the vanilla coding would not allow such a thing to happen.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Argy

Thank you Pride. I will just stick to black magic and summon magic then! :-)
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!