• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:15:54 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

dacheat

WTF was my Monk doing all game haha? And why didn't my Priest use Sinkhole like that when I had it on her.  :(

GG though Pierce. My weakness is definitely not being able to restore MP well if my Summoner goes down, and you exposed that.

Thanks for the vid Barren!

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Dynablade

First off, only two rounds?! Would have loved to see the tiebreak, but that round was so free the second would have likely went the same on a different map. That scholar is insane, 300 damage with rods!? Pain. Bahamut and Martial Arts Ninja took care of the rest. One more day and every minute there's another unit who's crazy powerful.. Ugh, even winning one round at this rate would be amazing.

Reks

• Discord username: Reks#0128

Shintroy

Is it possible to enter the tournament late?
I don't mind entering through the Loser's Bracket (if there is one)
Some day my people will be free.

Fantactic1316

I love it when a plan comes together. I was a bit worried about double Reflect Mail on those Paladins. Plus Defenders for good evasion against the Archer and high damage. Then they kept Jumping to dodge the magic. Then Raise and Revive both missing had me nervous for a bit. But with only Reraise and Phoenix Down for revival, it was only a matter of time. Nice to see the Archer using Chakra to great effect in round one, keeping the mages' MP topped off. Round two was a bit more worrisome, with uneven ground and the team spreading apart. They pulled through though. It's nice to see a win after those two embarrassing defeats in the Tourney. Good game. :D
"D'you know in 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before."
-The Doctor-

Barren

Reks

Paladins were idiots. Need less Iron Will, need more attacking.

Barren

veliuz

Quote from: Barren on May 24, 2012, 11:30:36 pm
FFT Arena 1.37b Fantactic1316 vs veliuz

Epic first battle

All archers vs projectile guard yeah... I did update my team after this.  I'd like another go at it.  TBH game 1 was retardly good it could have went in anyones favor at any time.  Game 2 was like that to, but i had less of a chance(less shots fired) :( anyways GG

Fantactic1316

Ooh, neat! Two teams with so much in common going back and forth like that was pretty entertaining. Me with two undeads, veliuz with two undeads. Me with Hidden Knife, veliuz with Sunken State. Both of us with a lot of speed to expedite the undead counter and buff up the bows. High speed chaos on the battlefield.

I spent most of round one thinking I was going to get my ass kicked, but they just kept hanging on. Good luck for me with the Thieves evading so often. I'd say the key was that my last Ninja kept getting Petrified instead of killed. If he'd been dropped, the Thief wouldn't have been able to help him and he'd probably have been killed by that last Archer before the Ninja could have a chance to get back up.

I'm surprised I did so well in round two. I thought Masamune would outclass skills like Yell and Cheer Up, but the Archers kind of squandered the opening rounds by casting it over and over. Gave my team just enough of a window to gain an advantage.

Really good game though. With the two teams having so much in common, a couple of different twists in the RNG could have completely tipped that match the other way.
"D'you know in 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before."
-The Doctor-

dacheat

Alright so I just ran a few test matches and it looks like I'm good to go for commentating matches. Any volunteers for my first video?

Barren

dacheat

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on May 25, 2012, 05:48:50 am
Y U SO DERP volunteers to suck all the fun and enthusiasm out of both Arena and your ability to commentate on it. :V

Challenge accepted. :cool:

Reks

Good luck with that

Petrify galore! That Thief sure loved my Paladins. It's this match, that is a perfect example of how my team does when pressured. GG Fantactic!

Fantactic1316

Well, round one was certainly embarrassing. They did what they were supposed to in round two though. Round three started nice, but the big flaw on my team is that if any one of those four units is dropped, their overall effectiveness is dropped as well. If either Mime is dead, that's less buffing from the songs. If the Samurai drops, they lose all hope of Revival. And on the off-chance that the Bard falls first, then they're just two mimes and an Equip Light Blade Samurai with no hope of getting any stronger. Good job on Barren's part, giving the undead Geo a Flash Hat. That mimic Raise could have been useful otherwise. It was a fun watch, regardless of the outcome.

Team Greatest Hits just doesn't quite work the way I was hoping they would. Still, they made a nice fight of it. Couldn't figure out those Chaos Blade Paladins in round two. "Oh, we've had our PA buffed to hell and back, but we're just gonna hang back and let the Scholar do all the work." Craziness. I saw Yuuto was the last man standing and checked the time: "Seriously, he's going to hang on for four minutes? That's ridiculous." But then I had a flashback to PX vs Zeron in S2 and thought: "I guess that does fit his M.O." I did pick those four units for a reason after all. They hang on nicely, but not quite well enough. Good game, all the same.
-The Doctor-

dacheat

Y U SO DERP? (RavenOfRazgriz) v. Shake N Bake (Veliuz) will be done uploading in an hour or so. I'm going to sleep...

Goddamn software trying to update while I'm recording...

RavenOfRazgriz

From the sound of your voice and the fact you only recorded 1 game and not a match, I'm going to assume I win the challenge, dacheat.

The Terror of Arena wins again! :V