• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:24:37 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT Arena Beta Tournament - Discussion and videos here!

Started by FFMaster, January 14, 2011, 04:19:22 pm

Zaen

The only reason I got through dance mimicking was because of Martial Arts. It's a bit of both. But then, of course, Monk would need some tweaking so that it doesn't become too weak. Alternatively, since Monk has it innately, they could lose a point of PA or so.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

FFMaster

CT5Holy vs Gotwald
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

Round 3 is still uploading as of this post, so if you can't watch it, check the link again in about 10 minutes.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

The Damned

Seriously, fuck Monks. Fuck them to death. Death by snoo snoo is demanded for them if I'm not being clear enough.

Oh praise Ares, the less stupid team won. I've nothing at all against Gotwald, but dear Hades, Lore spam plus Monk overpoweredness is SO boring to watch. Additionally, CT5Holy's team, even if it's taking advantage of programming error that I feel is stupid (seriously, like Faith needed to become even more detrimental), actually takes some strategy and has to approach you to hit you (though Ninjutsu's range is way too long).

Speaking of which, why doesn't the "hit-everything" Lore moves trigger Counter Flood? It might be a much if Lore is properly nerfed otherwise, but it just seems...odd, especially since Lore isn't even affected by M-EV.

Funny how no one got poisoned this entire round. I guess the AI isn't as stupid as we often thing it is and as it often acts.

Of course, as soon as I say that and right the AI finally does the smart thing of moving and then healing itself...the Scholar steps into the AoE of Bahamut without having to.

*throws hands*

I give up.

Speaking of giving up, wow, this Round was really painful to watch even though the Thief's AI acted quite smart. CT5Holy would probably would have won much, much earlier if it wasn't for that 2% miss when one of the Monks got Raised again at around 5 minutes.

Good to see you're doing okay. I was beginning to worry again.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

CT5Holy

A lucky Petrify. That's probably the only reason I won. Wow. Intense. GG Gotwald!
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

FFMaster

Pride

Seems I get some revenge for Celdia! The horrible to watch Wiz teams have to stick together!
Sometimes I wish the AI would realize that by killing the final unit they would win >_> gg Zaen
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

FFMaster

Pride

Congrats to CT5Holy for winning! I thought I had a chance to win this given the first map was massive but I think the good compat across our teams gave you a good advantage and I loved the strategy from your team in general.

Out of curiousity FFM, I never saw my Monk revive a unit in the entire tournament and you mentioned that my Monk didn't have Revive but I did give him it :P Didn't matter much either way though as he was probably better off continuing his Songs.

Edit: I almost forgot to thank FFMaster for hosting this tournament, great job!
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

CT5Holy

Yeah, the good compat between our teams was huge - OHKO Earth Slashes, Suiton became just that much more deadly. Like there was one Suiton on your Mime when it was at around ~240 HP - if he had neutral compat, he would've survived instead. First round definitely had me on the edge of my seat.
Thanks for the compliments, Pride (then again, my thief didn't really tag a lot of people with Faith - too busy sandbagging =P), and thank you FFM for running the show, and with nice commentary, too!
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

The Damned

I'm still not sure how I feel about Quickening. I mean, I still think it's a bad idea, but given that AI seems a bit too single-minded in its routines to abuse it...I'm unsure.

That really bugs me.

Congrats to both Pride and CT5Holy for making it to the finals. Congrats to CT5Holy for winning.

If we've learned anything from this tournament, I say we've learned several or, at least, had them reiterated:

1. Martial Arts and Monks are stupidly overpowered rather easily.

2. Lore is still problematic.

3. Zodiac compat. should probably be toned down.

4. Most faith-based magic that isn't revival, Haste, Lore or some type of Summon (usually Lich or Bahamut) doesn't mean much.

5. Suiton, Raiton and Katon need their range toned down and need to be able to be dodged.

6. Mimes probably need more Move and Jump.

There might be other things that I think would benefit from being changed. It's hard to think since for some reason I am freakishly tired all of a sudden.

Thanks for running this, FFMaster.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"