• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:48:34 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

November 15, 2016, 07:45:46 pm #4980 Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 08:16:16 pm by Barren
FFT Arena AI 1.4a - dw6561 (The Hand Factor) vs Corosar (Blitzers)

FFT Arena AI 1.4a - dw6561 (Too Much Dannage) vs mrbrain600 (Zodiacs)

In case people have been wondering, my 1000th FFT Arena video is coming up and I really want to do something special for you guys. For those who watched every single FFT Arena video I've uploaded (or at least watched a crap ton of them) and enjoyed all I did in the span of six years with breaks in between no matter how long or short, thank you. You guys as a community mean a lot to me and it's great to see you all take the time to watch my videos. Whether it's a educational experience for those who wanted to learn the ropes, for entertainment from the matches themselves, or if you just liked hearing my voice :D

I'm open to ideas on what to do but I would like to perhaps hold a mini tournament of some sort after season 5 concludes. It doesn't have to be that many players involved by any means, just a invitational one at best. Not sure if it will be AI controlled or manual controlled if WKW can help me setup. But either way I want to be all on one video, kind of like a spectacle. Once again thank you all so much for watching FFT Arena and witnessed how its grown and changed. Hopefully when the next patch gets released regardless if we are all a fan of the changes or not we continue to play.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

mrbrain600

i must say i think i defeated myself here. with both of my scholars refusing to heal their mp, i was reduced to 2 usable characters after only 6 thunder flares. i don't believe i would have lost quite like this if the scholars were able to throw out their bio3's and flares as i intended them to when my archer and time mage reeled each enemy in. the archer i was sort of satisfied with but i didnt see the breaking i was hoping to happen. he was intended to disable and dismantle other lightning absorb teams while my time mage kept him alive. ill have to make some changes to that to see how i can make him more suited to the role i wanted him to play. time mage did beautifully in my mind though. i believe barren was right in saying i need to adjust my secondary and my support for both my scholars but id be interested in seeing how they play out after those tweaks. 

all in all a good (albeit drawn out) game.
  • Modding version: PSX

Corosar

Quote from: Barren on November 15, 2016, 07:45:46 pm
FFT Arena AI 1.4a - dw6561 (The Hand Factor) vs Corosar (Blitzers)

FFT Arena AI 1.4a - dw6561 (Too Much Dannage) vs mrbrain600 (Zodiacs)

In case people have been wondering, my 1000th FFT Arena video is coming up and I really want to do something special for you guys. For those who watched every single FFT Arena video I've uploaded (or at least watched a crap ton of them) and enjoyed all I did in the span of six years with breaks in between no matter how long or short, thank you. You guys as a community mean a lot to me and it's great to see you all take the time to watch my videos. Whether it's a educational experience for those who wanted to learn the ropes, for entertainment from the matches themselves, or if you just liked hearing my voice :D

I'm open to ideas on what to do but I would like to perhaps hold a mini tournament of some sort after season 5 concludes. It doesn't have to be that many players involved by any means, just a invitational one at best. Not sure if it will be AI controlled or manual controlled if WKW can help me setup. But either way I want to be all on one video, kind of like a spectacle. Once again thank you all so much for watching FFT Arena and witnessed how its grown and changed. Hopefully when the next patch gets released regardless if we are all a fan of the changes or not we continue to play.

... AHHHH oh my gawd... why does the AI refuse to do obvious fucking things.. ahhh i am so pissed that samurai didn't attack!!! this is shit i have to deal with... fucking stupid berserked ai ahhh!!

okay now that i have dealt with that....

yea i wanna go ahead and use another class with the wizard.. but no other class allows me the dual rods. i figured that it would be the stronger hitter with that chance of just.. devistating with two neither spells as well as the already powerful staff whacks.. maybe even limit break ... though technically nothing has 999 health... so there is no chance of actually showing something taking all four hits from that kinda attack.

The samurais have revivals on them.. i was hoping since they were the weaker of the team that they would move over to support once they got back up.. i will definately have to put the diamond helm onto that paladin though. the mage may be the only unit without reraise.. gotta figure something out with it.. without breaking that damage potential.. What killed me was the constant sleep and slows. kinda wished whatever that thing happened where people suggested berserkers could not be talk skilled against because of their anger can through.. ahh well.. none the less.. i didn't expect this to win. and honestly. never would have added it to my list of teams i was watching to determine what to do next.

GG DW great play!~

also i so sooooooo wanna see a berserker free for all! too bad confuse is not there... that be kinda cool if we could have a full out 8 character free for all. one unit per person just duking it out! hmm... may be a neat idea if there is a way to impliment something like that in a spinoff patch to arena.. too bad i don't know that well of coding.. nor do i think it would work well... sorry rambling about something that popped into my head.. we have one full berserk team. if we get another.. we need to go at it!~
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

dw6561

Look at that priest go. Ouch. Status kind of just overwhelmed the other team before they could really react.

Unfortunately, a team with 4 berserkers seems really hard to pull off since you effectively don't have any support.

Yesssssss too much Dannage! Culminated with 612 to boot. Here's a tip: Don't underestimate Dan.

Makes me wonder how this team would survive against a team that can damage more than just the mediator.

Next time this team shows up, we need to play Dan-cing mad lol. Wait a minute...Dan-sing. Oh no what have I done...
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Anima Zero

Thanks for the video Barren!

I got stomped, heh.  Sometimes going too fast bites you in the ass as it did here.  At least my hybrid idea for Zero is working out well enough (309 damage katana strike without Attack Up?  Yes please!).  Just gotta tweak a few things and hopefully Axl won't be the useless twat he insists on being for me. GJ Heroebal!
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Heroebal

I think your team splitting off in groups of 1's or 2's didn't help matters either. Made it easier for my team to isolate your units from each other and then focus fire on them & block off healing/revival routes. That samurai definitely packs a mean swing and that Monk would probably hurt but he didn't really get a chance to display it. Thanks for the match Barren! GG AZ!!

The 1000 Barren FFT Arena idea sounds awesome. I'm flexible with either scenario (current teams or post update).

I've been here roughly 1 year and 1/2ish and you've definitely put in a lot hard work on the videos/tournaments/general help thanks for all the effort.

Anima Zero

Lots of matches for everyone to watch while partaking in whatever thanksgiving festivities they have going on.  Thanks TL!

Definitely feeling good about my earth absorb team now after seeing this match.  Solid offense, good defense (letting a Raise 2 Oracle go around and spam said move isn't exactly good for anyone's health), the works.

Also, props for using one of my favorite remixes of Megaman X3's intro stage (from Project X Zone 2 if anyone was curious) on top of X8's boss theme.  I think that inspired Captain Rex to pull off a couple moments of pure overkill on a pair of enemy units.  590 crit Spin Fist in round 1 and 778 Earth Slash in round 2 against an oiled Chemist?  Me like!

GG Alfa!
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Argy

Thank you Truelight for the TG special. I will put my spoilers in when I get home. Great to see so many battles!
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Corosar

Quote from: TrueLight on November 23, 2016, 11:59:57 pm
FFT Arena 1.4A - Thanksgiving Special

Thank you very much for throwing up a great bunch of matches Truelight!~

Round 1 - My units just refused to die. definitely something i am happy i finally got a team to do. eventually i managed to keep up the pressure and my units pulled through. what a slog for them though.

Round 2 - And.. this is where Haste bites me hard in the butt. Once i am outpaced. my teams are almost always on a heavy defensive. and this team is not a good defensive one. more just take or avoid hits till the enemy is too weak to stop them. ahh well. being bunched up didn't help with those aoe attacks either.

Round 3 - Goes alittle bit more like round 1 does. i am definitely impressed with the longevity of my team... but the lack of high powered heals. As well as relying on evasion and high health pools is definitely taking its toll. but... i will have to say. that my team constantly staying alive as much as it can is a possitive in my eyes.

All in all... i lost.. but i am not upset at all by this. i didn't feel like this was one sided. it felt very much like i stood a chance and just came up short. great match Jaaster GG!~
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

mrbrain600

Great fights to watch. Greatly enjoyed them. Hope I can get in the next one.

Heroebal

:wark: :wark: Thanks to Truelight for giving us a feast of battles to enjoy!!!  :wark: :wark:

1st map seemed like just the right distance and turn order to avoid having my monks get jumped on & ko'ed via the lancers. Which also kept them grounded for my monks to put in damage. Lancers were nullified before they could get much done.

On the 2nd map it looked like CT5 might have been able to take it after taking out both monks early. Some unlucky snipes missing alleviated the pressure allowing my team to recover, then the monks were able to block off the lancers from there teammates, and then the monks basically zerged the team lancers then chem/archer.

Unfortunately CT5's lancers weren't able to get too many jumps off overall either due to distance or ct. GG CT5Holy!!

Barren

November 26, 2016, 07:51:42 am #4993 Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 07:01:28 am by Barren
It was interesting to note that even if my ninja had the repel knife on his right hand he wouldn't go after the summoner who had a magic ring on because the mage masher on his left hand was holy elemental and the summoner absorbed holy. I wonder if that would have meant that the unit would have gotten MP back as opposed to being sapped from. That would make it even better than any other MP restoration item in the game if the AI was that smart about it. Definitely a interesting topic for a episode of AI myth busters lol. GG Andante, you had the advantage a bit early on but my status inflicting wizard put you out of commission after those frog spells and my archer and paladin doing all the work.

Hope everyone survived Black Friday so far, it's a miracle I'm still breathing!
You dare cross blades with me?

Andante49

Thank you for the Turkey-Day carnage TrueLight!

Good show Barren. High damage and Frog gave you an insurmountable advantage. Low damage output, ineffective status, and mistimed healing don't add up to much success from my team. GG Barren

I really like MP Switch on the Summoner and the Lich + Mime stuff. Hope the RNG is nicer in the future. Interesting to note the physical Draw Outs get the sleeping target bonus, and the ridiculous Scorpion Tail output. GG Shintroy

silentkaster

Note that a new patch is released which fixes the fury issue we have been having. This should solve all issues except for Counter Flood.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

dw6561

Guys, I found out why refute wasn't being used. It's using the galaxy stop formula, which auto-misses if the target has the sane zodiac sign. And we blamed the wall hack...
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Heroebal

Gaignun (Holy Ship) vs Barren (P.A.W.N.) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sBYdrZZLMM

Anima Zero (Midnight Platoon) vs Andrew (Super Twins Time 2) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwRB4eFMm0U

Alfa (Make America Great Again) vs Silentkaster (American Politics) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7cG-_v-GpA

TrueLight (ThunderStruck) vs Arena Bot (Shenaniguns!) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GHlR72knD0

Dokurider (Four Support One) vs CT5Holy (Rage on a Stick) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvqPaYdLaZs

I didn't do commentary or music, getting used to the new recording system before getting into those things.

Also my sound system is starting to make some weird noises every once in awhile (especially with item skillset). I think I may have done too many practice runs at full speed and it may have messed with my speakers.

Andrew

Thanks for the matches, Heroebal!  I don't require commentary or music; the in-game sound effects are normally enough for me, so I found it to be fine.  Video quality was good!  The "weird noise" you spoke of could be an emulator issue?  Dunno.

Moogle did a good job nullifying my Wiznaibus spam's effectiveness, and your ninja made sure to interrupt it as often as possible with his crazy berserker damage funsies.  You have a solid team there!  GG.

silentkaster

Thanks Heroebal.

I got really lucky on Round 1 with R2 missing over and over. I also got lucky in R2 when my chemist actually kept going for Refute instead of going out and attacking. The thought behind this team was "Don't Act and keep confusing you until you die," so I figured American Politics would be an appropriate name :P
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.