• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:21:46 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Help Wanted Topic

Started by philsov, December 16, 2010, 10:13:33 pm

philsov

December 16, 2010, 10:13:33 pm Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 05:26:18 pm by philsov
Will be updated regularly as tasks present themselves and I have something organized enough to send out.  Tragically sometimes things require so much instruction it's easier/faster just to do them myself.  But!

Requests:
3 - Blue Mage Sprite - both male and female.

UPDATE:

BM is half-done and abandoned. 

If anyone is interested in finishing it off (mostly just replacing the summoner horn for the hat), here's an excellent working base.

Basic concept works wonderfully -- blue hat with a white brim + white feather (imo modify the male oracle's), blue overcoat and lighter blue pants.  Palettes are a minor concern -- I don't mind the blue mage rocking an off-white garb for palette 4 or whatever.  So long as the hat is unique and defining I'm happy because that's the single biggest thing for different FFT classes.

4 - Kill Em All - Event Edits -
Miluda II
Weigraf I
Izlude
Weigraf II
Meliadoul
Zalmo II
Balk I
Outside Limberry
Zombag
Rofel
Kletain
Balk II

http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Event_Scripts_and_Scenario_Order_correlation  should help.

Decompile the start of these fights, remove the previous wait/darkscreen/etc/remove darkscreen commands, and insert this this chunk instead.  This will remove the units being highlighted and correctly display the correct objectives (ie, defeat all enemies).

Wait(00010)
DarkScreen(x00,x01,012,064,x00,004)
WaitForInstruction(x36,x00)
Wait(00020)
DisplayConditions(x08,060)
WaitForInstruction(x38,x00)
WaitForInstruction(x04,x00)
DisplayConditions(x00,060)
WaitForInstruction(x38,x00)
RemoveDarkScreen()
WaitForInstruction(x36,x00)

Completed:

1) Maps - Place initial starting locations for all random battles for ease in ENTD editing.  Thanks Gotwald!

2) Blue Mage item text edits - Correct the item descriptions to reflect the Blue Mage class instead of the Sage class.  Blue Mage can equip Swords, Rods, and Staves.  Sage was also able to equip Poles and Books.  Thus, for all instances where the letters "Sg" are uttered, please replace them with "BM".  Additionally, remove the {Color:00} x {Color:04} commands around Sg/BM within the Pole (Musk Rod, e.g.) and Book (Monster Dictionary, e.g.).

Tool to aid you: Texter - allows you to program macros/scripts into your keyboard.
http://lifehacker.com/assets/resources/ ... %200.6.exe

Install it and create a new script hotstring, with the following:
{del}{del}BM

now all you need to do is get your cursor right in front of Sg and press the mapped hotkey.  Repeat till done.Thanks Lasting Dawn!
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

LastingDawn

If that's all, I can easily handle that for you. Also this Texter tool looks rather nifty.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

LastingDawn

And finished. Tell me if anything looks out of place.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

philsov

Yeah, texter was a life saver for the 1.3 edits.  Thanks LD!  There's still plenty to do, but I'll update as those become available.

Squire: "We went to Tactext, it was a scary place!"
Chemist: "I had a good feeling!"
Squire: "But thanks to LD, the job was a success!"
LD: "Wha, thanks to me?!"
Chemist: "This is the way!"

[center:7b4hlshd]You are now a texter, level 1.[/center:7b4hlshd]

philsov

There's a few things slated, but I need to get them to a certain point before they're good for general assistance.  Thanks though, I'll be updating the topic as these tasks open.

philsov

Bump!

Two new requests - event editing copy/paste and 2 new sprites.

RavenOfRazgriz

January 09, 2011, 05:55:39 pm #7 Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 05:56:10 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Why do you need help on the latter one?

That's seriously a five minute job if that's all the modification you're giving the fights.  x_x

If you really need someone to do it I may be able to in a day or two when I'm on my proper machine.

Pride

For the event edits, are you doing the event conditions yourself and only need the actual event text done or are both needed?
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

philsov

QuoteWhy do you need help on the latter one?

Want, not need :)

QuoteFor the event edits, are you doing the event conditions yourself and only need the actual event text done or are both needed?

Doing the conditions myself.  I'm paranoid about that one.  No offense. 

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: philsov on January 09, 2011, 06:03:06 pm
Want, not need :)

You could have it done in the time we've been discussing it in this topic.  Juss sayin'.  :p

Quote from: philsov on January 09, 2011, 06:03:06 pmDoing the conditions myself.  I'm paranoid about that one.  No offense. 

16001900XX00

HAY PHILSOV I'M DONE.  :p