• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:42:27 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ FFT Arena♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ AI Tournament Season 4 ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

Started by Barren, June 11, 2015, 08:36:46 am

silentkaster

Wow. That...was unexpected. Scholar is definitely MVP or at least was that time. I thought I might do okay on the Lesalia map since Elmdor's units kind of start off seperated. But never ever did I think I could hope to win Zeakden with all the units bunched up like that. GG man...1 for 1 I guess right?

Andante is next...that's a scary team too. Ohhhh boy.

Thanks for the music!!
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Elmdork

Thanks again, gaigun!

aaaw it's my birthday too XD

I knew you could do it, man. I'm proud to consider you a rival. This is how we should have met in the first place, but I'm kind of glad things played out the way they did, just look at the ladder on challonge, LOOK AT IT! In both rounds some nasty disruption happens and my team gets gimped early. Mimic backfire masamune and fail refute (first time ever BTW) really put the final nail in the coffin. Much closer match than it appears, a hit charm and mimic daravon fail is all the opening I needed to get my shots in, but it didn't play out like that.

GG, brother. my money is and always has been on you, so it takes the sting out a bit (just a bit)

Shintroy, you got your hands full, but prove me wrong and take gold for mime. The odds were just too stacked against me this time to have the mimals with you. Next year will be even better, promise ;)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Shintroy

R1 - Started off slightly in Rouroni's favor followed by RNG not wanting any status to take part in the match. Not a whole lot of AoE or status on Rouroni's side. Up against Raise 2 too? GG at the petrify.

R2 - Brutal. Rouroni's team didn't get the huge targeting they needed to keep silentkaster's team back.

GG. Just couldn't gain any momentum or great openers this time. No worries Rouroni. You probably had the biggest upsets of the tournament and I'll be sure not to let it go to waste. Happy belated, and to quote a famous mime
                             !

I think silentkaster has the advantage due to having a good combination of damage sources, status, and probably the biggest threat, Raise 2. Andante does have Slow 2 to even things up though. No telling what will happen

Is it possible to win this without fighting either team? Not looking forward to a grand finals and having to possibly play on 3 medium sized maps.
Some day my people will be free.

skiploom188

I was like "WAIT A MINUTE! you two had a second encounter?" That's pretty cool. I remembered your first battle together very clearly, I even made something out of it lol. And it's pretty epic to see the parallels between the two matches you had. In Match 1 it started on an icy field, and ended on a town setting. And in this match the reverse happened. Very poetic right there...

Hehe I thought it was worth pointing out :D

silentkaster, you keep winning and you will be a synonym of DomieV  ;)
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

Mudvayne

Gaignun

Thanks Mudvayne.  It feels good drawing the loser's bracket to a close.

Andante49

All the status with the strong scholar, and quickening to boot, had me really worried. R2 showed my team's weak sandbagging and vulnerability to AOE. Thankfully in R3 they stayed on the offensive for the majority of the time, and not bunching up too badly for the tornadoes let them take it down. GG silentkaster, really great team you put together and super impressive run in the loser's bracket.

If my archer can down the monk without wasting too many turns and the mime doesn't connect with too many talk skills, I should be able to down the chemist before the monk revives. It's a tall order to happen six times but, someone has put these uppity mimes in their place :P. Should be very exciting, good luck Shintroy. May the Almighty RNG decide who is worthy of greatness.

Shintroy

Fast Tanky Team vs Fast Status

R1 - Andante's team just out ranged silentkaster's this round. His mediator and thief didn't really get to do anything in this round.

R2 - silentkaster managed to overwhelm Andante this round. Not much else to say about it

R3 - Starts off pretty even. I think silentkaster's at a slight advantage since his scholar's going uncontested getting off free tornados. Somewhere around ten minutes later, both teams are still even. Andante's breaks added up and slowly eventually won the match for him.

GG and GJ to silentkaster to making it so far from a round 1 loss.

Well damn. It was as if my team was the RNGesus incarnate in the winner's finals landing great openers, projectile guard activating, and the monk getting back up with a good amount of HP. No idea what'll happen here. One thing I'm sure of though is these grand finals possibily taking over two hours. Not even going to wish good luck to the match, instead I'm going to wish good luck to whoever records the match. Hopefully I just take the first set so we can get back to exhibition matches. Looking forward to seeing all of these new and returning players taking names.

I hope this tournament is enough to prove speed altering could stand to be removed for a season. Please buff lancer and mime's speed to 9. Even though I'm really glad both classes made it to the top, I wish I didn't have to use quickening to make it this far.

I'm taking this for Unyielding. We'll show those other support skills what for.

Barren

Hats off to silentkaster making it this far. Hats off to Rouroni Elmdor for making an impression with his mime team and hats off to Shintroy and Andante49 for making it to the title match. I can do the final match this weekend. I think everyone in the top ten (including myself) should be feeling pretty good about their performance.

If anyone has any music request that can add to the epicness please by all means PM me your music idea and I will add to it.

Good luck Shintroy and Andante49, may the RNG gods bless you with its miracle
You dare cross blades with me?

silentkaster

GJ Andante. Rounds 1 and 2 were so one sided that it was delightful to see both teams fighting so hard for victory. I wish I would have gone with Masamune on the Scholar like I had originally instead of haste because I think it would have served me better. Oh well, I will settle for Bronze this year and good luck to you both. My only disappointment is that I really really wanted to face Shintroy's team even if he slaughters me, but maybe next year :)
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Mudvayne

Quote from: Gaignun on July 17, 2015, 12:57:50 am
Thanks Mudvayne.  It feels good drawing the loser's bracket to a close.

I agree. Sorry it took so long to get done.

I really appreciate your help. After hearing Silentkaster wasn't going to be able to record matches, having (most of) the losers bracket by my self did not seem appealing. I sort of lost motivation to record for a little bit. It came back after I seen a few matches posted and knew I had to keep up with the flow of the videos or fall even further behind.

Shintroy

Hoping to see grand finals only being 20 minutes long tomorrow. My nerves can't take a 10 rounder.
I would've rather fought silentkaster. I really wanted to see two teams heavy on the status effects go at it.

Barren

If I don't have it up by this weekend expect it to be Tuesday the latest

Mudvayne

Barren I can record it tomorrow for sure if youd like. Ill skip the commentary on this potentially long battle and add music. Let me know if you want me to go ahead and record tomorrow.

Reks

I got far further than I thought I would, but I wasn't quite prepared for the speedy status some brought. GG to all of those I faced, and to those that beat me.

Looking forward to the next one. Don't expect to get as far, though.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

Quote from: Mudvayne on July 17, 2015, 05:41:27 pm
Barren I can record it tomorrow for sure if youd like. Ill skip the commentary on this potentially long battle and add music. Let me know if you want me to go ahead and record tomorrow.

I can take care of it. I have something very special in mind for the final match.

Shintroy

Had a nightmare Barren was started recording the match yesterday and got stuck recording the 12 hour fight. Woke up at 3 am and couldn't get back to sleep. To top it all off I lost.

The nerves never settle.
No Dudley players in top 8 USF4. UMVC3 looking good. Hungrybox and Dr PP in winner's top 8 for melee. I won't be able to take all these matches today. Here's to mime and to 20xx not taking Evo.

Barren

Here it is everyone! Thank you all for watching the tournament. And GG everyone! When will there be a Season 5? We will find out in the future. I can almost guarantee that the next patch has to come out first before we can decide that. For now, enjoy the final match and even a bonus match I threw in there. And congrats to our champion!

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Championship Match

Shintroy

Even though Andante has to win six games to take this it' way more likely he wins six than me winning three. It was pure luck I took the winner's finals 2-0. It'll really all come down to stage position. It's not likely my mime will be able to get to the monk or archer, and even less likely I can get off mimic daravon.

R1 - Good start for Andante. Got rid of the monk early and gets the high ground early into the round. Slowly takes the entire game. rip.

R2 - Another bad start for me. Monk and Time Mage goes down early. The mime isn't going after the monk or archer so I doubt me taking this round either.Calling it now especially with the mime and time mage down.

R3 - Decent start for me. The team took down the monk and has a pretty healthy lead. It doesn't last for long though. That monk gets back up and pincers my team with the archer. The mime never really got to do anything. Q u i c k bracket reset. The nerves never settle.

R1 - 1, 2, 3 quickenings at the start. The best kind of start possible. If I don't take this game, I have no shot at taking this. My team's not good on medium sized maps. The teams collide and my mime almost gets taken out. A really huge sleep on the monk and archer at the start... Let's see where this leads...After what felt like forever, I finally take it when the chemist and time mage get close. I though tit was over when my monk went for a bag attack and triggered HP restore. This was only possible at 12 speed mime. Talk about a bad match up. Surprised I got this far without Kiyomori.

R2 - More of a medium sized map than small one. Easy loss, especially with andante having the high ground from the start.

R3 - If the Fire Emblem theme isn't enough for to take this round nothing is. ... How did my Time Mage get all the way over there? Easy Loss.

R4 - More of a large than a medium.

GG. Andante. I thought Barren or the other air absorb team would be my worst match up in the tournament. Completely over looked testing against armored units. Did not expect to see lancer make it this far so that's refreshing. I used too much luck earlier in the tournament. At least it's over.

Thought I had another round due the time. p l a y i n g  w i t h  m y  h e a r t. GGs. Fun tournament, but would I do it again? That's up to the next patch. My next team will be much less reliant on stalling and maps. Hopefully SP altering is removed, Mime gets an SP buff and I don't have to rely on quickening to stand a chance against teams.