• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:26:52 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ FFT Arena♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ AI Tournament Season 4 ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

Started by Barren, June 11, 2015, 08:36:46 am

Elmdork

Wow too much! I'm gonna have a heart attack! The ace combat end theme is one of my favourite pieces of VG music. Katamari is also awesome and totally appropriate, thanks gaigun!

I just ate a bracket of murderers... and I'm still hungry..

When I saw that first map I said to myself "oh fuck" I knew that geomancer would give me a hard time. I didn't think I would take that round.. or this game at all. Win or lose, I have achieved my victory condition. GG reks, I know it's not how you wanted to go out, but damn that was a close match.

I'm honored ya'll got your bets on me, but we gotta see what comes out of the other bracket. The next counter magic unit I cross will be my last.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Heroebal

Damn I knew I was in trouble as soon as I saw that 6min timer that had scholar trouble written all over it. I'm pretty happy making it past the 3 rounds in the bottom bracket for a first run of ffHacktics tournament. 

I think there are 5 teams remaining if I'm counting correctly.

silentkaster

How did I miss three Raise 2s and almost every arm aim and still pull off the victory? That my friends, was pure luck and I'm grateful I took even one round. GG.

I face Mudvayne next. This may be the end of the line for me. His team is pretty tough...and he was the first to take down OHKO. Best of luck, Mudvayne.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

dw6561

I'm surprised I sweeped this one! GG.

It was very brutal for those cursed ring units out there. Once they were dead, it didn't seem like the archer and chemist could self-sustain for very long.

Yeah, I suppose I could have given my ninja some extra status curing items, but it was sort of a last minute addition and I didn't know how it was going to affect his AI. And I truly thought stigma magic would be enough when designing my team, but now I know better.

My team did well staying alive in the first round, but the combination of speed and raise 2 sandbagging eventually wore them down. I probably wouldn't have won even if that last tornado had gone off.

Round 2 was more brutal. It was it a smaller map and thus silentkaster's team got to mine before I could blink. My team just doesn't hold up against a team that can outpace my tornadoes and high level cure spells.

PS: It looks like the RNG curse has been passed on...

Also, who is this "he" you speak of?  ;)

• Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Barren

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Match # 27 - Andante49 vs Shintroy

If you want to hear my commentary better either have your speakers or headphones plugged in
You dare cross blades with me?

Shintroy

Status Mime vs Tanky Team
Went into this thinking I had absolutely no chance at winning due to Andante being immune to so many status effects. Didn't expect to take a game let alone a 2-0.

R1 - Starts off with 10 minutes of sandbagging with a couple of status effects thrown in to keep me in the game. Sleeping Andante's monk and archer proved by be fatal since those two units are all of Andantes stopping power. Not going to lie, after it was just my Mime left I thought it was over, but then when my Monk got up I remembered why I named the Mime "Two Can Win". Talk about best case scenario this round. Having regen on the entire time, the Andante's Time Mage staying down due to poison, and so many other factors. Amazing round for mime.

R2 - As Barren said, I had a great opener in this round and Andante didn't really get a chance for his units to separate. If it weren't for silentkaster suggesting more speed on the chemist i could've lost this round because the chemist's turns perfectly countered Andante's offense.

GG. Confidence is through the roof now and even better since I've taken the winners side of the bracket, Rouroni can meet me in the grand finals to secure a mime team taking the entire thing. It's perfect. Just two more wins Rouroni.

Some day my people will be free.

Elmdork

First off: Wow.
Second off: Holy shit.

My second biggest bet has paid off. It was a blind bet on shintroy's mime team making finals. Didn't see a unit or even guarantee he'd use a mime. Unfortunately my next bet will make us both sad. Silentkaster will eat his side of the bracket and defeat me in the ultimate revenge match of the year. This battle means more to me than even the finals. Only a human can defeat a monster.

He will then go on to claim glory, but I will root for mime til' the end.

edit: But yo, if I make it to the finals with shintroy, someone needs to play "TANK" from the cowboy bebop soundtrack and we will make a mockery of this establishment together.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Mudvayne

Hax. MVP of the tourney for sure.

Don't count me out of this yet! I think I have a great shot against silentkaster and rouroni but we'll just have to wait and see. 

Who's going to record mine and silentkasters match btw?

silentkaster

Quote from: Mudvayne on July 14, 2015, 10:23:35 am

Who's going to record mine and silentkasters match btw?

I don't know, but regardless of how it goes, I'd love to see a Skiploom movie of our match. :D (if up to it of course)

Barren

If the match is up next then I suppose I can record mudvayne vs silentkaster today

silentkaster

Okay awesome Barren. May I request Street Fighter 2 music for the match? If it's a bother or an inconvenience, no worries.

Barren

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Loser's Bracket Match # 23 - Mudvayne vs silentkaster

I already did the match silentkaster and it has different music. Sorry man

Also I went back to my old mic setup because the new one I bought wasn't as good as I thought it was. I managed to figure out the issues with my old mic anyways. So as long as you have speakers or headphones plugged into your computer/laptop you'll be able to hear my commentary clear as day

Shintroy

Ice Absorb vs Fast Status
No idea who's going to win this. I do believe it's going to come down to who draws first blood.

R1 - Great start by silentkaster. Things went from worse to worst really quick. Mudvayne doesn't have the status or burst damage to come back from such an opener, especially at such a sever speed disadvantage.

R2 - Not a fair map since Mudvayne start off on higher ground combined with a bow user. Either way, Silentkaster has a gun to compete with mudvayne's advantage here. Evenly matched at the start, but silentkaster's speed combined with raise 2 made this an uphill battle for Mudvayne.

GG. Mudvayne's opening turns weren't as good as silenkaster's. Mudvayne's ninja seemed to be the weakest link on his team due his fuuton meant to self heal instead wasting turns. I actually forgot he was a Kagesougi Ninja until round 2.

Good stuff either way. Looking forward to the runback between silentkaster and Rouroni. Will Rouroni keep silentkaster in his place as a bad match up or will silentkaster be able to pile on the status early into the rounds? E x c i t e d.
Some day my people will be free.

silentkaster

when I saw the maps, I figured I had a decent advantage on R1 but a significant disadvantage on Round 2. I got very lucky with my Raise 2s and Petrify procs. GG Mudvayne...

Rematch time. If nothing else, our Round one matches were pretty darn epic. I think that we both have a good chance of advancing, though my non existent magic evade makes you a favorite. Good luck either way man.

Mudvayne

Oh well. I had a good run for my first tourney I think. My team had a few critical errors and they still performed well. With some tweaking I think they may have been able to make it a little farther but I digress. GG Silentkaster, I lost to a worthy opponent.

Gaignun

Oh my goodness.  I recorded and edited a Mudvayne/silentkaster match, as well, but had to give my computer surgery before uploading because my PSU went kaputt.

No big deal.  I'll upload my video to the videos thread after the tournament is over.

Andante49

Didn't want to say anything to jinx it but, it all came down to coin flips. Projectile Guard keeping the monk alive or the mime hitting her talk skills. I lost both and was kept in status cleaning duty until the monk revived to win the match. R2 was over once the initial sleep hit. GG Shintroy, it looks like the year of the mime is coming true.

Speed and debilitating status still proving to be super effective. Great showing for Mudvayne, first time or not making the top five is never easy to do.

Mudvayne

Quote from: Gaignun on July 14, 2015, 11:37:05 pm
Oh my goodness.  I recorded and edited a Mudvayne/silentkaster match, as well, but had to give my computer surgery before uploading because my PSU went kaputt.

No big deal.  I'll upload my video to the videos thread after the tournament is over.

Please tell me Silentkaster at least beat me out in your recorded match also?  :P

Gaignun

You'll have to wait and see!  All I will say now is that it is the most entertaining match I recorded thus far.