• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:33:34 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Having a problem with Elric's event editor tutorial

Started by CONMAN, June 06, 2012, 12:52:51 pm

CONMAN

After finally getting up the courage to attempt some more indepth moding of Tactics I decided to try and give event editing a try.  I had a couple beers and watched the first two videos for the most basic editing and reread everything a couple times and gave it a try.

I tried to follow along, but with two minor differences:  3 characters and a different map.  Seemed pretty reasonable.  Perhaps becuase I was drinking I made a minor mistake that should have been easier to catch.  I had two copies of the attackout and placed one with easyvent editor and another in a folder with the actual application.  Foolishly I imported the copy that I hadn't edited. 

I start the game to get a look and everything goes right, except  my characters walk in place inside of the monastery.  No, big deal I expect to make mistakes (sometimes a lot of them).  I retry the the tutorial and make the same mistake... long story short before I call it a night I notice what I had done :oops:.

Today I try to give it a spin again and find my current problem.  Now using the proper attackout I go to the correct map, but my characters don't load  :(  Instead, I keep getting a handfull of monsters on a different part of the map.  I try and try again to see if some minor error has caused this.  I keep reviewing patcher, evsp, and attackout knowing something just aint right....  Where do these monsters come from? 

On a hunch I look at attackout out and see that it says it is loading entd 100- should be my three characters.  So, i'm think hey- 100 in hex should be 64 and check that entd and it isn't right either, I check entd63 (araguay woods west3) and there are my intruder monsters (0 to 63 is 64 duh)

So is there something off with attackout editor, or am I screwing up something obvious?
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

Very sorry CONMAN, I didnt notice your post until now :(

there has to be an issue with your attack.out. You must make sure you are importing the right one. Now, if you did follow my tutorial
you must when placing the 2nd and 3rd units, make sure to also check the "Always present" box.

Is the FFTPatcher correctly saving? (saying it was successful and all that?)
If so,

Can you post screenshots of your attack.out setup for me please?

Also if it's not to much trouble, can you paste.bin me your event?

CONMAN

Will this work?

Offset(x00004000)
//Remove the previous line if you wish not to override the offset in CONFIG.INI.

{63}(rC9)
Camera(+01000,+00000,+00615,+00302,+02560,+00000,+04096,+00128)
{4D}(r78)

Wait(01000)
EventEnd()

//INSTRUCTION SECTION END -  TEXT START
//Message x01
{font:08}XXX{br}
{font:00}XXX{end}

3lric

I see your issue. In the attack.out setup for 000. You have "After Event Do: 01" It should be 00. I've no idea what 01 does,
but it should fix your problem since everything else looks fine to me.

CONMAN

3lric

:P No problem! If you've got any other questions about eventing I will be happy to answer them