• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:29:39 am

Throw Stone

Started by Jumza, November 10, 2015, 09:44:00 pm

Jumza

I seem to be getting a strange bug with Throw Stone where the noise the rock makes when it hits its target matches the noise of the weapon the user is carrying.
First, I would like to confirm with someone that this is a bug, because to my recollection I've never had a unit with a harp hit someone with a rock till now so I'm not 100% sure.
Second, does anyone know the cause of this? I haven't modified the ability itself in FFTPatcher except where it's located in the skillset. In FFTOrgASM I used the % chance to knockback hack to bump up the percentage to 100.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Angel

That's definitely a bug of some sort, as Throw Stone should always use the same sound irrespective of what weapon is equipped. Granted, I've only ever used it on units that had either knives or swords equipped, but it most definitely did not make a knife/sword sound on connect.

Now I want to try using Throw Stone with a unit using a harp, just to see if this is an obscure thing that exists in the untouched game.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Jumza

Quote from: Toshiko on November 10, 2015, 10:18:41 pm
Now I want to try using Throw Stone with a unit using a harp, just to see if this is an obscure thing that exists in the untouched game.

I'm going to test this tomorrow, but if you or anyone else does before I do make sure to post the results :P It would be hilarious if that was in vanilla.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Emmy

I tested it in my mod.  Ramza with throw stone carrying a book makes a funny noise, while barefisted and carrying a knife is more "normal"  Probably a bug in vanilla too.

Lockeadon

lmao that's a funny bug. does it do anything weird with a spear?

Jumza

Aha! So it's not a problem on my end, that's good to know :) Thanks for testing Emmy

theultrawolf

I think it has something to do with the animations. If you could find an animation that uses the "throw" graphic without the weapon noise/etc. I'm sure that would go away.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL