• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:02:33 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 DOWNLOAD HERE! (Current Version v1.97e)

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:13:33 pm

Gyrannon

First post for this forum.

Great story so far, liking the personalities you guys did (really feels like the real deal), personally just got past the scene with Delita (Q: Ramza has facial, why doesn't Delita?) and am already feeling the tension from this well informed mario brother group lol (no disrespect, just the feeling I got from them).
Do have a few questions - though I'm unsure if they were asked already.

Using spoiler thing just in case I say too much.

1. Why give Alma "Magic Barrier" if she is unable to use it? Just feels like a tease.
2. So they've been teleported to Ivalice, should players expect their rivals to show up?
3. In the original, I remember fighting the Lucavi, but not all of them. So can we expect the others to show up? Also, the jobs from bars were completely optional, so could just say "nope Ramza never acquired the other stones from treasure hunting (Taurus, Cancer, Libra, Sagittarius, Aquarius, and Pisces). Be pretty awesome to fight them again. Personally for the original, I was very sad after fighting Aries or Velius, cause every other Lucavi battle after that was a joke.
4. And I guess the last one I got - Does Ramza have access to the abilities that Gafgarion & Agrias has? Please say yes....

Now a small suggestion, although not to do with the game, just the introduction of the post/thread. I really want to know how many missions/story based encounters there are in Chapter 1, not asking for areas, no spoilers in what to expect down (or rather up) the road, just thinking it would be a good idea to list how many story based encounters there are (example: Players can expect 25 story based encounters in chapter 1).

And one more, not this mod, but possible futures - any thoughts on bringing Cecil, Squall, Terra, or maybe Lightning into Ivalice?
Also, anyone thought of a outside viewpoint side story to the Original FFT? Imagine a small group that trained with Ramza at the academy, didn't quite make it, but had brief encounters with him later on, and end up coming across Ramza's assaults (bodies found here an there), and heck might even have helped out Ramza from behind the scenes. Just a thought really, plus I know nothing about modding anything, figuring to best leave an idea for the pros.

3lric

Quote from: Gyrannon on August 11, 2014, 08:46:47 am
First post for this forum.

Great story so far, liking the personalities you guys did (really feels like the real deal), personally just got past the scene with Delita (Q: Ramza has facial, why doesn't Delita?) and am already feeling the tension from this well informed mario brother group lol (no disrespect, just the feeling I got from them).

Thank you, glad you are enjoying it. :)

1. Why give Alma "Magic Barrier" if she is unable to use it? Just feels like a tease.

You will use Alma more than once.

2. So they've been teleported to Ivalice, should players expect their rivals to show up?

You need to finish Ch1 before asking this :P

3. In the original, I remember fighting the Lucavi, but not all of them. So can we expect the others to show up? Also, the jobs from bars were completely optional, so could just say "nope Ramza never acquired the other stones from treasure hunting (Taurus, Cancer, Libra, Sagittarius, Aquarius, and Pisces). Be pretty awesome to fight them again. Personally for the original, I was very sad after fighting Aries or Velius, cause every other Lucavi battle after that was a joke.

You didn't read our new bravestory stuff yet apparently :P

Quote4. And I guess the last one I got - Does Ramza have access to the abilities that Gafgarion & Agrias has? Please say yes....

Yes and no :P

QuoteNow a small suggestion, although not to do with the game, just the introduction of the post/thread. I really want to know how many missions/story based encounters there are in Chapter 1, not asking for areas, no spoilers in what to expect down (or rather up) the road, just thinking it would be a good idea to list how many story based encounters there are (example: Players can expect 25 story based encounters in chapter 1).

There's ~ 18-19 (cant remember exactly) story battles in Ch1 for Jot5, and with the re-release of Chapter 1 that comes out soon the marks will be upgraded from 2 to 5 for Ch1.

And one more, not this mod, but possible futures - any thoughts on bringing Cecil, Squall, Terra, or maybe Lightning into Ivalice?
Also, anyone thought of a outside viewpoint side story to the Original FFT? Imagine a small group that trained with Ramza at the academy, didn't quite make it, but had brief encounters with him later on, and end up coming across Ramza's assaults (bodies found here an there), and heck might even have helped out Ramza from behind the scenes. Just a thought really, plus I know nothing about modding anything, figuring to best leave an idea for the pros.

I couldn't justify not having other people from other games 'show up' at certain points due to the plot of the story, however I will not be giving spoilers as to who those people are,
though we already have 2 FF characters in the main roster, so don't get your hopes up on any of those that you just mentioned (plus, i HATE FF13, so if lightning showed up it would
just be so I could kill her XD)
  • Modding version: PSX

Rayadolphus

someone please help this game is amazing so far but i cant get past the second battle. the knights recieve a 0% chance to do 0 damage everytime i try to attack them. any ideas. ive tried redownloading the rom and patches and reapplying them but nothing seems to work. im already in love with this game

3lric

Jot5 doesn't currently work on console or PSP. What are you trying to play on?

Onassis

First, I need to say that I'm not native english speaker, or something like that. I learned english with games, so sorry for any misunderstanding.

Well, I played FFT for a long time, my childhood was based on that game. FFT and Star Ocean 2 are my favorite games.

So, someday I was looking my timeline on FB and see an article talking about Jot5 and my reaction was like this.

After reading that, I didn't think twice, I bought the emulator on PlayStore and started to play on my Android Device.

If I am not mistaken, I fought 4 battles and man, THAT GAME IS FUCKING AWESOME. The battles are hard, and this makes the game better. And I loved the new Knight and Archer (now Ranger) sprites. And the Chemist with glasses, fits him perfectly. And that scene when Ramza throws the sword to Dante, HOLY SHIT! I stoped to play cuz I want to record my gameplay and post on youtube, translating the dialogues.

About the 5, I liked the personalities of them, even don't knowing Snake and Link very well (Never player Metal Gear or Zelda). The sprites looks very awesome man, they are clear, I can see so much details and the faces too, but Ramza looks strange with beard. XD

And, I wanted to make a suggestion too, could you add Dias Flac from Star Ocean: Second Story (PSX)/ Star Ocean: Second Evolution (PSP). I love this character and he almost dont have anything in the games he appear.

He can show up in a mark (I think that's the name of the missions you take on the pub) trying to find a way to free Ashton (this guy here that has 2 dragons in his back) from the dragons, without killing them. In the Star Ocean universe, as far as I know, its common to travel between planets, but they can't tell this for the people of the planet, by some law I didn't remember. So, Dias ended up on Ivalice. I can even help to create his Mark/History to the game.

Well, one last thing, me and a friend (that doesn't speak english) thank you for making this game.

Well, that's all. ;)

Kagebunji

Quote from: Onassis on September 16, 2014, 11:36:54 am
And, I wanted to make a suggestion too, could you add Dias Flac from Star Ocean: Second Story (PSX)/ Star Ocean: Second Evolution (PSP). I love this character and he almost dont have anything in the games he appear.

Haha, thank you for this man :P. High five.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Onassis

I was not saying to use this sprite, just showing the character. :o

Kagebunji

ShivaShakti

Hi,

Thank you for making this awesome game. Also, found that it works best on psxfin emulator, and looks and sounds fantastic. Very much looking forward to the next update. I do have a few questions.

You hinted that you are improving the jp gain ability will it be the same or similar to vanilla jp up ability? I ask this because being able to gain abilities, like charm from Rogue job, is very important. I noticed especially since leveling up happens too quick compared to gaining new abilities thus making the enemies hp almost unmanageable to bring down with the weak weapons available from the store. Next question, on youtube you have a video with Cid and Barret from FF7 in Goug does this mean they will be in future chapters as playable characters or was it just something you were playing around with. Also, will the Five be gaining new abilites for their own job class in future updates like Ramza did in Vanilla, and possibly regaining use of their personal weapons and armor?

Again thank you for this very cool sequel to FFT.

3lric

The JP formula wont be the same as vanilla.

The Cid and Barret event is for a different mod, FF7 FFT. Which ill be working on after Chapter 2.

I wont give out spoilers, but come on, how could i put them in the game without giving them
their ultimate weapons at some point? ;)

ShivaShakti

Sweet, thank you Elric!

Awesome to hear you are planning on making a FF7 FFT mod. Still happy also to see that you guys are improving JP gain a little. Also, happy to know that they will get their ultimate weapons whatever they may be.

:D

Zand3

Hey, first let me say I really appreciate the work you guys do on this site for my favorite game of all time. I've been wanting to play Journey of the Five for a long time. I tried it on multiple occasions but I could never get past a stuck loading screen after a few of the cut scenes that come on after the 1st battle. I recently got a blackberry playbook and had fun sideloading emulators and I got reminded to try this again, but unfortunately got the same error. Would appreciate it IMMENSELY if someone can contact me with a link to a proper file to apply this to, or the ready-to-play patched file itself so I can finally play this heaven send =) my email is: EvanLRN@yahoo.com

3lric

Sounds like you are patching to a bad rip. Get another iso/bin/img or whatever you want from some other source and try again.

If that doesn't fix it. PM me. But only after you've tested this with another iso.

Angel

> Blackberry Playbook

The current version fails hard on PSP and console. Wouldn't surprise me if it just didn't work on phones, either. What have you tried playing it on, so far?
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

3lric

To add to this, what emulator are you using?

I know I can play Jot5 on my Phone and Tablet, but I've only used FPse and ePSXe for either of them, so I can't really say
on functionality of any other phone emulator

Zand3

I finally got it working with a different iso, in fact the 3rd one out of my options. So I'm not getting stuck on "Now Loading" before Cloud / Ramza flashback scene anymore, and it works just fine on 'pcsxe rearmed' as part of retroarch, a multi-emulator app that's running on my blackberry playbook tablet, so I didn't even need to start experimenting with different emulators. Will report if I run into anything else.

Thanks for the help again.

fin7710

Hey guys, I saw something posted in the Chapter 2 progress log about a re-release of Chapter 1 with more events/marks/battles that was waiting on some sprite and ASM work.  Are you still planning on releasing it?  I only ask because I'm about to play through Ch 1 again and I'd like to have the most up to date version, and I don't mind waiting a little longer if this re-release is close to done. 
Thanks.

3lric

Correct Chapter 1 re-release will be out when the Ganon sprite gets finished. IF it even does.

Can't give an ETA, and honestly a bit down over the lack of spriting getting done for this project, with the
amount thats still left in Chapter 2 to be done (sprites), I have no idea when it will ever be out

Zero Dozer

Elric, wouldn't it be better for you to find another spriter? Y'know, while the other one's MIA.

kyozo22

Funnily enough, I'm fairly certain they've been looking into that, but no dice. Can't speak for Elric himself, obviously, but yeah... check a few other threads in the forum, mate, 'cos it's not like Elric's been sitting on his ass with his thumb jammed up there.
  • Modding version: WotL