• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:43:27 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Where do I go to learn to change what shops sell?

Started by A Blood Red Fox, March 08, 2014, 06:39:51 am

A Blood Red Fox

I was trying to make it so a shop or two would sell every item in the game between them, for testing purposes. But apparently FFTPatcher doesn't work for that? I found spreadsheets on the forums that are supposed to do... something... to change the stuff but I've no idea what. Where would I go to learn how to change this stuff?

Xifanie

"Shop Inventories" tab:
- Make the item available at the desired location

"Items" tab:
- Set the "Shop Availability" not too high, for some reason, unattainable availabilities were named "<Blank>". If set to that, you can never progress far enough in the story to unlock it in shops.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

A Blood Red Fox

The items are all set to be available at either "Chapter 1 - Start" or  "Chapter 1 - Enter Igros", and I've added things to the shop list (In both the items tab and in the shop inventories tab) but I'm still not seeing any changes in terms of what the shops sell when I start up the game.

Xifanie

I didn't have an issue...
Maybe older versions of FFTPatcher do not patch this properly, or maybe when you try to patch, FFTP doesn't automatically check "shop inventories" to patch?
I used .482 and it worked just fine.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

A Blood Red Fox

Aaaaaannnddd.... that seems to be the problem. My version of FFTpatcher was way out of date. Using the proper version, it works fine.

Thanks for the help. :)