• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

CONMAN

That's awesome!  I feel like the critical frame is highly under used.  There is enough space to put unique looks in there.
  • Modding version: PSX

Joseph Strife

I like it, very much, nice wings you got there Kage.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Kagebunji

Glad you like it people.

And Conman, that's exactly what I thought, and since she is a demon, I might as well add some stuff to her. I thought of making her MON type and add wings to all frames, for better effect.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Durbs

Quote from: Kagebunji on May 15, 2012, 03:50:08 pm
And Conman, that's exactly what I thought, and since she is a demon, I might as well add some stuff to her. I thought of making her MON type and add wings to all frames, for better effect.

Yeah, I'll bet wings would look awesome. ^_^

Celdia

Quote from: Kagebunji on May 15, 2012, 03:50:08 pm
I thought of making her MON type...

Pity. I'd like to have more 'monster' options that can actually go in water. But then it might be worth it to see what you can do with those wings.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Lijj

Kagebunji

Oook, I decided and there will be two versions. One will be normal human type 2, so that she can walk in water and be more human(Celdia, you better be happy, haha), and MON sprite with wings on all frames. I wil do human first ofcourse, since she is halfway done.

And thanks for kind words guys. She loves you too, Lijj :P

Kagebunji

A quick monster version, with wings added.

??

Durbs

To me, it seems like the wings are too steep. They seem like they need to be slightly wider and a bit shorter. Not by a significant amount, but as it is it seems a little to tall. Actually, now that I look at it again, moving the wings a few pixels down and one or two to the left might work (as the total size seems appropriate).

Jon

I like the left wing (our right) just how it is, if you shift it down it'll bleed into the arm and maybe look awkward. The right wing (our left) needs to be raised by 1 pixel in my opinion. The wing shape and size is really awesome btw :mrgreen:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

Well, I decided to drop idea of MON type Succubus, and finish just the human version. Cause of this is the other monster I wanna do, namely Tiamat from FFXII. I'm done with the portrait, and now I am moving on to fix the sprite. What do you guys think of the whole idea?

Jon

Dunno the specific FFXII Tiamat, but Tiamat in general is pretty cool. I only know and therefore like the old versions of Tiamat from FF 1 to 9, good luck with this multi-headed dragon of the Sky Fortress (FF1)! I like the portrait but for some reason I think the lower jaw is too thick and its missing some kind of nose / nostrils. The colors are pretty good and I especially like the teeth! :mrgreen: Kage did you make more to this portrait, like if you take away the box and filled in the rest, how would it look?
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

I took the RW version of his port, cropped it down to a proper size, and then started to fix it and clean it up(dropping colors, shading, palette etc.). He had no nose in his original concept, and I probably won't add one either.

Kagebunji

Here is the sprite and port comparisson. What do you think?

MasterGrand

KAGE very nice and I was thinking in my mind from you!?, You very quick in the sprite and portrait, always surprises me :)
Let's be together !!

Nojgaard

Looking great, i never thinked a ff xii rw sprite could be worked that way
Current Projects:     Coming Soon (or maybe not):

Zareb

Definitely looks 10x better than the original.
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

3lric

Aha, so this is what you where talking about. Amazing work Kage, as always.

Pride

Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?