• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:57:17 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Kurosabes

I was going to wait it out for my request but since it's typed up, might as well post it.

Barren went with rarely used weapons, I think I'll go with some rarely used abilities.

Samurai or Draw Out secondary with Heaven's Cloud
Thief or Steal secondary with Mind Ruin, Power Ruin
Ninja or Ninjitsu secondary with Tsumazuku
Wizard or Black Magic secondary with Death

Get them to use these abilities as much as possible. No SP stacking on their equipment.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Elmdork

September 16, 2015, 11:22:25 am #4341 Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 11:39:52 am by Rouroni Elmdor
In 1.38 I had a team called "order of steel basilisk" which revolved around a male samurai with (the previous) muramasa inflicting faith and a female samurai with black magic inflicting oil with the fire spell. I once saw a 956 damage ice spell on a faith up, oiled unit. Haven't been able to get the same results in this patch, especially because of the muramasa and oil change, so I begrudgingly scrapped it.

Basically, if you can get oil and faith up on units to follow up with a near max damage spell, I would consider it a success. Bonus points if your caster has faith up as well. I don't really intend to try again, but I might if no one else does. I reccomend using mediator's preach, archer's hawks eye and a fire/thunder black magic user.

@barren: hey, if you think you can pull it off, it's all yours. Oil no longer deals double damage, so you'll need bolt 2 to stand a chance at 999. Will be hard to keep an 18ma wizard with faith alive, but two speedy units could both inflict faith/oil and act as a distraction. Definitely all-in potential but the execution must be perfect. Safer to have a good sandbag plan along with it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Barren

Actually I could make a team with the similar unit placement of my anti-oil ninjitsu team but now uses faith/oil based tactics like you had rouroni. Maybe it can do 999 damage?
You dare cross blades with me?

Shintroy

Quote from: Barren on September 15, 2015, 07:04:55 pm
Okay, I'll go first. Make a team that uses weapons that are rarely used. Like two swords platinum sword and moonlight. Two swords mage masher. Two hands Ultima Weapon and Two Hands Lionheart. Classes can be squires/thief and samurai/paladin

Do you mean only Squire with Steal and Samurai with Chivalry or using those classes as primarys?
Some day my people will be free.

Barren

Quote from: Shintroy on September 16, 2015, 12:53:02 pm
Do you mean only Squire with Steal and Samurai with Chivalry or using those classes as primarys?

I mean a squire and thief with two swords and a samurai with ultima weapon and a paladin with a two hands using lionheart. Whoever you give the platinum sword + moonlight to give it high HP and the two mage mashers with maybe high speed considering daggers need speed to do damage.

@Rouroni: don't forget that if you use oil on a unit that absorbed anything except holy/dark then that unit is now weak to that particular element and will do double the damage too. See for example this match: Andante vs reks

Reks

Quote from: Barren on September 16, 2015, 01:03:07 pm
I mean a squire and thief with two swords and a samurai with ultima weapon and a paladin with a two hands using lionheart. Whoever you give the platinum sword + moonlight to give it high HP and the two mage mashers with maybe high speed considering daggers need speed to do damage.

@Rouroni: don't forget that if you use oil on a unit that absorbed anything except holy/dark then that unit is now weak to that particular element and will do double the damage too. See for example this match: Andante vs reks

I forgot about how badly that made me lose.

So yes Oil is good.

You guys coming up with unorthodox or little seen teams has given me an idea, so I'll bash a team together quickly and see what people think of it.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Shintroy

September 16, 2015, 02:22:50 pm #4346 Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 04:37:30 pm by Shintroy

Player: Shintroy
Team:  Maylee
Palettes: Green/Black

================================

My
Female
Serpentarius
Squire
Talk Skill
Finger Guard
Two Swords
Move-HP Up
Mage Masher
Mage Masher
Thief Hat
Secret Clothes
Defense Ring

Throw Stone, Heal, Yell, Wish
Blackmail, Mimic Daravon

Hands
Male
Serpentarius
Thief
Punch Art
HP Restore
Two Hands
Warpath
Lionheart

Twist Headband
Black Costume
Cursed Ring

Quickening
Stigma Magic, Chakra, Revive

Are
Female
Serpentarius
Samurai
Basic Skill
Counter Magic
Equip Light Blade
Move+1
Ultima Weapon

Crystal Helmet
Diamond Armor
Rubber Shoes

Bizen Boat, Murasame, Masamune
Focus, Heal, Wish

Full
Male
Serpentarius
Paladin
White Magic

Two Swords
Move-MP Up
Platinum Sword
Moonlight
Cross Helmet
Gold Armor
Setiemson

Nurse, Transfusion, Reraise
Raise, Wall, Esuna

Will definitely lose it's first and only match. I couldn't do as much as I wanted since I was restricted in support, primary class, and weapon slots. I wanted to add a caster to help with the lack of AoE, but couldn't the squire and samurai both had their hands full . Didn't want to make the team into a status team, so I just went with melee attacks.

I'll do one more by taking rules for two units and combining them into one team. I was reminded of the... random unit teams tournament from last year when I thought of this one.
------------
Set restrictions on at most three of units. I'll need at least one unit to turn four units into a functioning team.

Barren

September 16, 2015, 04:47:50 pm #4347 Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 07:01:11 pm by Barren
ill do the match tonight shintroy

In fact its right here: FFT Arena 1.39c - Shintroy (Maylee) vs Corosar (Soul Squad)

Shintroy

Melee Attacks vs Damage Reflect/Balance

I forgot to update the samurai's support abilities after changing her from a caster. Either way, Corosar's got an odd bunch as well. I like the Moonlight Paladin mostly. Transfusion to lower HP?  Preddy cool.

R1 - Lots of combos on Corosar's side. I got bombarded pretty hard this round. It looked like a 2v4 in Corosar's favor from the start due to the samurai and squire not being able to start anything.

R2 - Lucky opening for me due to the double HP restore. Corosar gets stuck on defense for a while..  followed by a lot of sleep? GG TRIPLE SLEEP. No idea what the faith was for. The equalizer strikes again.

R3 - Landed two 52% blackmails in a row at the start. It was somehow enough to get Corosar's entire team cornered. There was no coming back for Corosar from the corner due to speed advantage and sleep. It got even worse when the Raise 2 priest couldn't use raise due to the speed of my team.

GG. Sloppy on both sides. My team had a little more depth and wasted less turns on the larger maps. If you have a low speed team, you have to make up for it with either having huge damage potential, or status effects like sleep and Slow 2.

Paladin - I wouldn't have given him 70 faith. I think he would've been better with steal and stacking quickening. He'd make a great unit with a bit more speed and charm.

Lancer - Maybe go 50-50 with item and jump damage or... go with lancer/time magic for more damage reflection with balance. You could even get Haste 2 and/or Slow 2. No need to change, but I think either of these builds would help the team more

Priest - Not sure...Oooh this is a themed team. That would explain the preaches. I'll stop here since heavily themed teams done right aren't always meant to be super competitive. I had a few myself.

Too many abillities on your lancer with steal, and the wizard's yin yang magic.

Long and winded. Thanks for the fast match Barren. It sucks that I couldn't think of a better way to make the team overlooked samurai abilities and all. Hopefully having a unit to myself for the next request team helps.

-------------------------

Going to release 2 teams at the same time. Give me your unit restrictions for at most three units and I'll make a team out of it. I'm positive the next request teams will come out more formidable. My unit won't overshadow the requested ones either. I won't do something like make a 20 MA Tornado/Quake bard to make up for absurd restrictions lol. I'll make it work. Good luck to me.

no 3 primary mimes

Mudvayne

How about a team that effectively switches the units primary offence to something they are not known for. Ex: offensive wizard or priest. Offensive units like monk or dancer effectively using magic. That's what I'd like to see. Two successful offensive/PA based skill set units from normally MA based classes, and two units who are normally PA based using an MA based skillset. I'll leave the class picks and skillsets up to you though for creativity sake.

Corosar

September 16, 2015, 11:25:07 pm #4350 Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 11:37:03 pm by Corosar
wow did that turn up horrid for me... simply because alot of ideas were somewhat lost with my mistakes in character creation. I don't blame you at all barren for the mistakes i just need to learn to proofread these units three times before submitting >~<

things i messed up on

Big hat logan (Wizard) was to have the
wizard robes
wizard gauntlets
both for +2 ma which would have brought it up to 18 ma making flare do a base damage of 324 which was my intention instead of counters... basically a nuke mage.... though knowing he won't use debuffs when having flare will help me redesign him better. having another revival method through summons would be cool i feel... besides.... i kinda don't like having a team without DWAGON!!

saint urbain (Priest) definately needs MP-Restoring because he kinda did what i wanted... that faithing the lancer though.... that was not intended at all.. it was planned for the mage and its target ahh well... gonna throw him together better.

Patches (Lancer) was intended to move fast and be a pain in the butt... but also kinda cowardly..  it was the ... more comical add in for me i will figure him out to be a bit more useful though... that 11 sp is pretty cool and i am happy for... maybe make him superfas or something...

alexander (paladin).... is soo losing that nurse ability.. i want him to heal others then blade beam.. the high HP was for that reason... but 500+ damage.... damn i didn't expect that at all... i would put two sword moonlights on him but the idea i had was to make him hit 100% of the time no matter what and i find it coupling with counter perfectly... so i increased his faith and fury to max to get him to react more often... but.. how do you win when your one shot :}

Quote from: Shintroy on September 16, 2015, 10:10:28 pm
Melee Attacks vs Damage Reflect/Balance

I forgot to update the samurai's support abilities after changing her from a caster. Either way, Corosar's got an odd bunch as well. I like the Moonlight Paladin mostly. Transfusion to lower HP?  Preddy cool.

R1 - Lots of combos on Corosar's side. I got bombarded pretty hard this round. It looked like a 2v4 in Corosar's favor from the start due to the samurai and squire not being able to start anything.

R2 - Lucky opening for me due to the double HP restore. Corosar gets stuck on defense for a while..  followed by a lot of sleep? GG TRIPLE SLEEP. No idea what the faith was for. The equalizer strikes again.

R3 - Landed two 52% blackmails in a row at the start. It was somehow enough to get Corosar's entire team cornered. There was no coming back for Corosar from the corner due to speed advantage and sleep. It got even worse when the Raise 2 priest couldn't use raise due to the speed of my team.

GG. Sloppy on both sides. My team had a little more depth and wasted less turns on the larger maps. If you have a low speed team, you have to make up for it with either having huge damage potential, or status effects like sleep and Slow 2.

Paladin - I wouldn't have given him 70 faith. I think he would've been better with steal and stacking quickening. He'd make a great unit with a bit more speed and charm.

Lancer - Maybe go 50-50 with item and jump damage or... go with lancer/time magic for more damage reflection with balance. You could even get Haste 2 and/or Slow 2. No need to change, but I think either of these builds would help the team more

Priest - Not sure...Oooh this is a themed team. That would explain the preaches. I'll stop here since heavily themed teams done right aren't always meant to be super competitive. I had a few myself.

Too many abillities on your lancer with steal, and the wizard's yin yang magic.

Long and winded. Thanks for the fast match Barren. It sucks that I couldn't think of a better way to make the team overlooked samurai abilities and all. Hopefully having a unit to myself for the next request team helps.

-------------------------

Going to release 2 teams at the same time. Give me your unit restrictions for at most three units and I'll make a team out of it. I'm positive the next request teams will come out more formidable. My unit won't overshadow the requested ones either. I won't do something like make a 20 MA Tornado/Quake bard to make up for absurd restrictions lol. I'll make it work. Good luck to me.

no 3 primary mimes

yep its a theme team...

Alexander is the main character from King's Field who goes to the land in search of the moonlight sword.... which functions exactly like in FFTA he is both swordsman and mage so... the fury and faith reaction helps alot.

Patches.... or Patches the hyena if you wanna go for full name is a cowardly thief that wields a partisan and flame shield in demon's souls and Dark souls thus lancer and thief fit here... he is also a cursed undead in dark souls so... cursed ring

Saint urbain is the miracle teacher of demon's souls and tends to preach endlessly about the old god... which ironically happens to be nothing like he thinks it is.

Big hat logan happens to be a master wizard from Dark souls whom wears a very big hat.... i thought immediately to make a uber strong mage that can redirect spells flung at him yet rip you apart with his own...

just a bunch of misfits together in a theme ^^

Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

dw6561

Quote from: Mudvayne on September 16, 2015, 11:13:28 pm
How about a team that effectively switches the units primary offence to something they are not known for. Ex: offensive wizard or priest. Offensive units like monk or dancer effectively using magic. That's what I'd like to see. Two successful offensive/PA based skill set units from normally MA based classes, and two units who are normally PA based using an MA based skillset. I'll leave the class picks and skillsets up to you though for creativity sake.

This would be funny, I think I'll try this too.

My request: At least one summoner, at least one lore user, no elemental absorb, and all 8 speed (for the three restricted units). You can put phoenix blade or masamune on a unit to make them 8 speed if you want.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Kurosabes

Quote from: Shintroy on September 16, 2015, 10:10:28 pm
Give me your unit restrictions for at most three units and I'll make a team out of it.

Alright then... take out the Death unit from my previous post.

Shintroy

Quote from: White Knight Wiegraf on September 17, 2015, 03:42:32 am

Alright then... take out the Death unit from my previous post.

I did all three units except for the Tsumazuku unit. Did not want to figure out how the AI uses the ability. I did use Dispel Magic though which is also unused while canceling reraise. Does the ability work like Kagesougi, but with the weapon's damage formula meaning it would work with Two Hands?

Both teams are out. CT5Holy, I thought your stream was on Thursday for some reason. Sorry I missed it. Would've liked to watched the mime teams be made live. I was still pleasantly surprised to wake up and see both you and Andante putting out not one, but TWO mime teams. Looking forward to seeing them in action.

Barren

Well the stream is today 7pm EST. Unless you live in a different time zone

Shintroy

Quote from: Barren on September 17, 2015, 10:57:08 am
Well the stream is today 7pm EST. Unless you live in a different time zone

Cool I'll be sure to catch it then. Thanks

CT5Holy

Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Heroebal

Sorry Epic that was rough , MimesMania kind of has to drop the other team quick or else the scholars go down (due to low hp and high faith/faith status) and then it snowfalls really quick for my team after that.  I was a little worried about this team b/c I put them up against HeadHunters and HH'S geo makes quick work of the scholars.

Yeah I had no idea about that mime/item secondary glitch, first time I saw that happen. I think I will just give that mime throw item and raise her faith a little should be about the same output.

A strong showing for Reks. Atheist bow + Concentrated Monktons pretty potent combo. Shintroy had an interesting setup just rough trying to close the distance without units getting put down.

Kurosabes

Really strong showing by Reks, Shintroy couldn't get close so I didn't get to see much of his team in action, especially Heaven's Cloud. Ah well, I plan on making some odd team which will include that anyway.