• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

reinoe

RE: Battle Bunnies-The "Teams that don't move" need to either be dance or lore spammers, otherwise I'm thinking they may have too many weaknesses.  Of course if it's a more casual team that isn't supposed to be taken too seriously then it's a perfectly fine team.

RE: Severe Weather Alert- After a string of losses they come back with a win.  Of course we'll have to wait and see how they perform on that one level that Reks claims is their weakness.

Shroom Squad was just not inflicting enough debilitating statuses.  Unfortunately when a status did get inflicted ARKC was able to counter it.  Ahong has a strong versatile team here.

This unfortunately wasn't very close.  The squire has but one job: spam accumulate.  If you look at the video though, he wasn't even doing that as there were too many turns where he just sat there and did nothing.  I blame the A.I.  If he did increase his PA like he was supposed to then he could have probably been one-shotting the enemy.
My dreams can come true!

Dokurider

QuoteShroom Squad was just not inflicting enough debilitating statuses.

It was more like it was banking on the fact that the other team wasn't carrying a powerful Concentrator. Unfortunately, Ahong was carrying exactly that, and it got even worst when they Berserked said Archer. It might have been a different story if they were able to keep blind on that Archer.

QuoteThe squire has but one job: spam accumulate.  If you look at the video though, he wasn't even doing that as there were too many turns where he just sat there and did nothing.  I blame the A.I.  If he did increase his PA like he was supposed to then he could have probably been one-shotting the enemy.

The problem is that the wrong unit is rooted. The Singer should be rooted, not that Squire.

DarkxFatal

February 18, 2013, 10:53:54 am #2024 Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:49:45 pm by DarkxFatal

Ugh. It really started to deteriorate in that first round, at least, when Sylla was mid-charged.
For some reason, I thought I might have had more Fire resistance at least. Guess not.
GG/GF Aero.

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Tristan#9682

Avalanche

Quote from: Dokurider on February 18, 2013, 10:00:21 am
[FFT Arena] Divas That Bring Double Trouble (Otabo) vs Severe Weather Alert (Reks)

[FFT Arena] Circulus Terestris (Avalanche) vs Nanten Thieves (Reks)

[FFT Arena] Frost Marchers (DarkxFatal) vs Inferno (AeroGP)

Hi, thanks for using my Team.

before i saw that Match, i was about to erase this Team due to the total randomness. But now i think watching it is fun so i will work further on them.
QuoteI can't really get behind Move HP Up on this units because of the lack of turns they get to make Move HP Up work

Yes i think your right with that, my worrie was that those dancers will waste further turns runnning away in critical. But 1. due to dance this is not so bad after all and 2. earth dragon will do the job much better so i will try to change move-Hp up with move+1 or 2.
QuoteThe single biggest flaw on this team is the complete and utter lack of revival whatsoever. Once of the scholars die, they're out

Sure this is what makes this team somehow Random, I think rather than adding fairy i will try to make those Chemist more Tanky by using Iron Boots (for Shell and Protect) rather than Move=0 and auto-potion. (if possible with the Jp)

Dokurider

Last videos I'm recording for the moment. Take them with a grain of salt.

Troll video, ignore and move right along

[FFT Arena]????? (Dokurider) vs Bloody Lance (Truelight)

I'M HOLDING ARENA HOSTAGE.

Demands:

The Damned and Eternal must choose between being thrown in a pit and forced to fight to the death or watching Quickening team videos back to back.

The nWo must come back

FFMaster must rename Insult to 'lol you're gay'

Hamedo be reintroduced. Deals (PA * WP) * (PA! * WP) damage. 255 range. Triggers on everything.

MP Switch be reintroduced.

Whatever else I can think of later on this week.

Barren

You want the nWo Doku? Here it is!!

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

DarkxFatal

Why'd you have to kill my team? :/
Even if I ultimately lost, I still say I did pretty good. u_u
  • Discord username: Tristan#9682

TrueLight

It looks like my team was the true winner of this situation. Massive damage from the Lancers and Monk survived the Mime assault due to Auto Potion. This match could've been much shorter if only my Lancer had landed that kill shot, but that Mime was dodging shots left and right (mostly bag whacks).

Good luck with your hostage situation, Doku.

Dokurider

Since The Damned hasn't shown hide nor hair of himself yet, (The Damned? More like The Jerk) I guess I'll be recording again this weekend. I have the following matches slated. If you have a problem with what I currently have up or want to add to it, speak now or bitch about two days later after I already uploaded them to Youtube. You gotta be your own advocates, guys.:

Lazy Town (Reinoe) vs Little Devils (Truelight)
Windswept v2 (Reinoe vs Lighting Stab (CT5Holy)
Les Liasons Dangeruses (Reinoe) vs Do Not Disturb (CT5Holy)
Seven Samurai - 3 (Reinoe) vs Dorters Most Wanted (Dokurider)
Red Dead Redemption (Reinoe) Standing Still (CT5Holy)
Squinjas (Reinoe) vs Watermark (CT5Holy)
MBarrier (CT5Holy) vs Heresy (FDC)
Playing with Fire (CT5Holy) vs MeDeum (Avalanche)
Holy Stones (CT5Holy) vs B Team (FDC)
Blanket (CT5Holy) vs Delay (Dol)
Undying Flame (Dark) vs Alpha (Dol)
Is This OP? (Dark) vs Patch Me (Gaignun)
Beta (Dol) vs Knights of Olde (Dark)
Overdrive (Truelight) vs Six Move (Barren)
Counter (Dol) vs Bloody Lance (Truelight)
Zombieh (Dol) vs Snow Pirates (AeroGP)
Superweapon (Truelight) vs Wager The Time of Your Life (The Damned)

reinoe

Quote from: Dokurider on February 21, 2013, 05:51:16 pm
Since The Damned hasn't shown hide nor hair of himself yet, (The Damned? More like The Jerk) I guess I'll be recording again this weekend. I have the following matches slated. If you have a problem with what I currently have up or want to add to it, speak now or bitch about two days later after I already uploaded them to Youtube. You gotta be your own advocates, guys.:

Could you replace Les Liaisons Dangeruses with Taichi's "Order Of The Rose"?  As flattering as it is to see my teams get some action, Taichi's team hasn't gotten any play in like, forever and then some.
Les Liasons Dangeruses (Reinoe) vs Do Not Disturb (CT5Holy)
My dreams can come true!

Dokurider

Very well. I'll have to find another team to pair up with Do Not Disturb then. I think I'll also add LightningHax to the mix as well.

Les Liasons Dangeruses (Reinoe) vs Order of the Roses (Taichii)
Do Not Disturb (CT5Holy) vs Mana Missile Matrix (Dokurider)
Old Strat, New Game (LightningHax) vs Sobriety (Vigilante)

Reks

Toss in another match with SWA, if you can and would please.

Wanna see a biit more of action before I might make a tiny tweak or two.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Dokurider

Yeah, I was thinking it was about time to dirty their faces a little...with a dirt nap that is.

Severe Weather Alert (Reks) vs Secret Krieg (Dokurider)

The Damned

(Thanks for recording while I've been...incapacitated, Dokurider.)

Since I'm still stuck with temporary Internet, I can't really watch Youtube right now. From what little I've seen, though, I've been getting my ass kicked; big surprise. I did notice, however, that you accidentally seem to have given Plastic Knight's Snark Knight the Squire as Genji Armor instead of Light Robe, which is kind of a huge difference and set-back, making my loss with that team rather inevitable.

Oh well. At the very least, it seems I don't need to record Quackening vs. Wiz anymore. So thanks.

Quote from: Dokurider on February 13, 2013, 07:26:11 pm
Actually, everyone on my team is immune to Berserk. Damned wanted a surefire assassin, he got one.

Oh, it's not that I wanted surefire assassin. I merely wondered aloud how Wiz's team would fare against a team that actually had damaging magickal AoE that was a unit that wasn't shutdown by Berserk, since for some reason, that's been the case with every team he's fought, even your redone Stone Frog. As I also said before I "left", I already have two teams in mind that I still plan on testing, so waiting a bit longer is fine.

Congrats on your win though. I told you that Nurse on that Wizard was holding you back, though now I kind of want to make a team full of mages using Chivalry because I'm masochistic like that.

Quote from: reinoe on February 13, 2013, 07:39:56 pm
Oh well that's a little cheap but ok.  In addition to that nobody on Wiz' team had a way to heal frog.  Weird because my idea is that if it's completely debilitating then I'll probably pack immunity to it.  That's why I almost always have a person with Item learn "Maiden's Kiss" and "Soft".  Oh well, Wiz' track record with that team is still very impressive.  But I wonder...

Meh, Item choice aside, it's not really "cheap" considering Wiz beat the shit out of DomieV's "Famous Knights" team and everyone on that team was/is immune to Berserk. So, really, it was more Wiz not being able to cure Frog than immunity to Berserk, even as useless as that made the Mediators since Kiyomori doesn't really affect Stone Frog either unlike how it crippled Famous Knights.

Quote from: Dokurider on February 21, 2013, 05:51:16 pm
Since The Damned hasn't shown hide nor hair of himself yet, (The Damned? More like The Jerk) I guess I'll be recording again this weekend.

Though you're probably joking, my Internet is still out, real life has been crappy otherwise, I said I was taking abreak for at least a week and this temporary Internet takes a while load anything on Youtube. So...yeah, I can't even uploading anything even though I just started recording again today. Not going to deny that I'm a Jerk though.

Speaking which of, I'm not going to be around Saturday even if my Internet, which I paid, finally comes back on. I might be around Sunday, but meh, it's unlikely that I'm getting anything uploaded this weekend.

When it comes what I'm uploading, I've decided to make the six matches that have had to wait all 5-ofs. Reks (Celestial Stasis) vs. DarkxFatal (Madness Ensues) and Otabo (Spirit Cleansers) vs. CT5Holy (Holy Stones) are going to be 7-ofs.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dokurider

I think what happened was that I used the outdated version of Plastic Knights. So that's the second time I used an outdated version of a team :/

So I suppose I'll have to give the Plastic Knights yet another chance. Since Otabo was displeased with his last fight, how about I rematch Plastic Knights with Battle Bunnies again? Since there's no immobile conflict, then these two should be okay for a complete match.

Plastic Knights (The Damned) vs Battle Bunnies (Otabo)

The Damned

(That's more than fine if Otabo's okay with it.)

The matches for this weekend seem fine otherwise, especially if you have the time to do all of that. Admittedly, I haven't looked at most of those teams in a while, even before my current connection became dubious. I'll try to say more in a couple of hours since I'm in the middle of proofreading something that will probably take an hour even if this Internet cooperates.

Thanks again regardless.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dokurider

Okay then guys. I shall begin recording tonight. I don't know how many videos I'll make, or many of them I'll mess up in the process but I'm the only game in town right now.

Incidentally, holding the current monopoly, all FFH Dream Realization taxes have increased by 10% percent.