• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

CCP - Bug Reports

Started by Celdia, June 24, 2011, 02:42:46 pm

Celdia

Broken Skill was a note I put in my files to remind myself to take it out before posting. You can see how well that worked.

Female Units not displaying jobs past Homemaker is a known glitch from v1.1. There's nothing to do about it currently. They still have their jobs, gain spillover JP and can learn skills from crystals in those jobs...they just don't display.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Celdia

So I went to go do some new editing on a few events and found that the TEST.EVT file in the most recent patch doesn't have my events for Cyan in there. I started going back through versions trying to find them and fell back to v1.952 before I got a working version.

These are the kinds of things I wish I'd known months ago. -___-

MogGuy

Hey I just wanted to mention that I got the Ruby. The game says it's unbreakable, and the message doesn't pop up saying it broke, but it did disappear from my inventory after I used it.

Cheveyo

February 21, 2012, 03:33:43 am #183 Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:07:07 am by Cheveyo
I'm getting a CTD at the first scene at Orbonne, with Ovelia praying. Unpatched FFT works fine, though. In case it matters, running pSX, Windows XP.

EDIT: Emulator bug. Works in ePSXe. However, the text of Ovelia's prayer has a box of white garbage around it.

Edit2: Rad's kneeling palette looks... a bit wrong, in that same scene. Everything else so far seems fine.

Edit3: Well, hey, figured out the problems. Edit1's bug is a recurring one, also occurs in 1.3. Edit2's is the right palette, but matched to the original sprite of Rad kneeling there - which was a Squire. That's why it looked weird.

zaiahboy21

I am using the FPse emulator for droid. Ive patched a regular ISO with this game successfully but the game freezes and turns off after the "Orbonne Monestery" title. HELP PLEASE!!!

Ciato

Hi Celdia,

I started playing this patch a couple of days ago, and it's really great! But I've had a couple of issues.

Disrupting Gale, the Nomad command, doesn't seem to cancel moves properly.

In addition, the game froze when my Red Mage was confused and tried to use something.

I know you are going to remake the patch at some point, so I may just wait for that, but I figured I'd post about it~

Celdia

Thanks for the feedback, Ciato. I'll make sure to check my flags on Disrupting Gale if that makes the cut into the remake. Dunno what happened with the confused Red Mage though. o_o

Eternal

I may be able to clarify the Confuse thing. If a unit is Confused and it tries to use a hit all ally skill, it seems to crash. I vaguely recall Laggy mentioning this with Calculators in LFT as well.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Celdia

Confusion: The most dangerous status in the game. It doesn't kill units, it kills the entire game.

Otabo

Throw Silverware is hitting 00% on Zalera for some reason. His evasion can't be that high, or is there something I'm missing here? Is there any other ability accessible to players that cancels charging/performing other than Throw Silverware and Disrupting Gale?

Eternal

IIRC, the formula that Celdia uses for Throw Silverware is Death's, which is hardcoded to fail on enemies immune to Death.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Otabo

August 07, 2012, 01:11:00 pm #191 Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:30:17 pm by Otabo
I see. Gotta come up with something else for Zalera, then.

Thanks Eternal.

NightwolfXVI

I have a question. Is it currently impossible to obtain Cloud/Cyan? Every time I go to Goug after buying the flower I get a permanent loading screen. Also, this hack is great Celdia. Keep up the good work :D

Celdia

Shouldn't be impossible. What version of the patch are you running? What emulator do you use?

NightwolfXVI

I use PSX with the 1.967 patch. Don't know if it makes a difference with it or not, but I have used a gameshark with the game if that causes any problems. Other then that I can't think of anything else that would of caused it.

Celdia

Well it does run best in ePSXe and depending on what you modified with the GS it could cause a problem but without knowing exactly what you used it for, I couldn't say one way or the other. Actually, even if I knew I probably wouldn't be able to say if that was the cause.

NightwolfXVI

Well thank you anyways Celida :P and its alright. The rest of the game has played smoothly. I'm going to see if I can still get the other special characters. I will let you know if I find anything else that may be a bug.

NightwolfXVI

November 29, 2012, 10:41:49 am #197 Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 10:48:48 am by NightwolfXVI
Also I noticed one other thing. On the command prompt thing (I have no idea what it actually is just what it looks like) that pops up when I open my PSX, I get a messages like this when I start the hack up: cuebin: read sector out of range <234992, max=234991>
When I go to load the scene at Goug Machine City after buying the flower, 14-15 more pop up like that.
Idk if this has anything at all to do with my problem but its the only other thing I can think of.

Eternal

I'm pretty sure that the hacks Celdia used for CCP makes CCP only work properly on ePSXe, but don't quote me on that.

dis astranagant

The immunity status doesn't seem to perform as advertised.  I tossed Alma's ribbon on one of my loremasters to keep Velius from petrifying them and he did it anyway.  Pretty sure he also got a shot of loss off on them another try.