• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:11:31 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

The Monster Hunter Guild Discussion

Started by Dokurider, July 09, 2012, 07:16:20 pm

Dokurider

July 09, 2012, 07:16:20 pm Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 08:27:27 pm by Dokurider
This is the discussion thread for the Monster Hunter Guild RP. It is a freeform FFT RP, set, uh. You will be working for the Monster Hunter Guild to preempt monster swarms and keep monster populations down, kill marked monsters, or marks and just deal with other monster related problems in general. This RP will have a focus on action and fighting, so bring your A game.

RULES:

1) I am the boss. Rather, I'm the head of the Monster Hunter Guild. What I say goes and you work for me. Failure to comply will result in anything from a warning, to death and finally, to termination of employment.

2) All Guild hopefuls must submit an application (via Post Mailing or PM) to me. I will determine if you are a good fit for our organization. Criteria for consideration include, but are not limited to:
- Job Diversity. Teams tend not to do well when they suffer from overlapping/redundant roles. The application process will weed out job and role redundancies.
- Combat effectiveness. Undead Bards with Charge +2 are not necessary. We need effective setups for the tasks at hand.
- A willingness to get the job done. Ninnies need not apply, nor do I hire broken men.
- Personality. Showing some color is encouraged and very much appreciated in the application process. That being said, I don't want to hear your life story about how your mother wouldn't let you suck her tit after age 5 or whatever else dramatic misfortunes befell you. You aren't going to impress me with your tragic village-burnt-to-the-ground backstory. Keep it brief and simple.
- Qualifications. You will have to do better then being some shlub commoner/peasant that one time almost beat a immature Chocobo 2 on 1.
- Elite Classes. We do not hire elite classes such as Holy Swordsmen. If the need for one arises, we will request one from one of the various armies around Ivalice.
- Jobs outside of the Ivalician Standard Catalog will be considered after a through review. (Custom Classes). Blue and Red Mages are open with welcome arms.
- Monster experience is not necessary, but a plus. We will teach on the job.

And some other stuff like references or criminal records or some other shit like that. I don't know, I don't really look at that stuff or anything. Just kick some ass and you'll be fine.

3) You may bring your own weapons, but rare weapons will have to be considered on a case by case basis. Weapon Insurance gets really finicky about having to cover multiple rare weapons, especially on one person. Otherwise, we will provide the weapons and armor necessary for the jobs at hand.

4) You may apply multiple times.

5) Sexual Harassment in the workplace is a serious issue. All reports of Sexual Harassment will be taken serious and will always be investigated. If any individual is found to have committed an act of unwanted sexual attention, they will be killed and/or immediately terminated from employment.

Once I evaluate your application, I will post it here and you can start when I give you all an assignment. I will assign your task once I receive at least 6 applicants.

**This thread bares no relation to Monster Hunter© series owned by Capcom. All rights reserved.

Dokurider

[Monster Hunter Guild's Task of the Year]

We are the Monster Hunter's Guild and we are responsible for keeping the monster populations down. It's not an easy, or thankful job, but we are what stops Ivalice from being overrun by the monster hordes. We fight for the survival of man.

A supertribe of Goblins has sprung up in Araguay Woods. The previous year, we failed to stop Goblin traders and merchants from reaching Araguay and giving the other goblins new technology. Now they're using Goblin technology from all around Ivalice, slings, boomerangs, atlatl. Just a supertribe of well armed Goblins would be bad enough, but it gets even worse.

There has been reports of Goblins using tech they can't possible make. Things requiring great dexterity, metal work, or magical power have been appearing. Katanas, Crossbows, enchanted armor and shields, rune weapons. Things that only a human could make. It's quite possible they managed to enslave humans to make them weapons.

Bigger, smarter, and more vicious than ever, it is critical we destroy this supertribe before summer, where Goblin raiding season kicks into high gear to ready themselves for the winter months. Supertribes also tend to attract other tribes; the bigger they get, the faster their size increases. If we let them keep growing, we could looking at full fledged goblin army. They'll complete ravage everything in Gallione, and then, who knows? They've already been leading minor raids on Dorter and Gariland, but they get bolder by the day. It'll only be a matter of time before they launch a full on assault. We have to stop them now. Grab some ice, ladies and gentlemen, it's goblin killing season.

Dokurider

July 09, 2012, 07:32:34 pm #2 Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 04:18:04 pm by Dokurider
Current Members:
Dokurider [Head of MHG]
st4rw4lk3r [Evaline the Priest]
Dynablade [Quint the Monk]

Dokurider

July 11, 2012, 12:56:31 am #3 Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 01:23:06 am by Dokurider
Instructions in Plain English Edition:

1. I am GM. I have the last say.

2. Everyone that wishes to join will have their characters screened. PM me your character sheets for the screening process.

I want a name; Primary and Secondary Jobs; other Jobs unlocked; Skills Learned; Support, Reaction, and Movements; background (doesn't need to be dramatic, but color is always appreciated); and optionally, a personal weapon or armor piece. You can have original jobs, items and skills, but I have to approve of them first.

3. Combat is pretty much based on FFT, how much is pretty vague honestly, being a freeform RP and all. However, I will be determining the success of your attacks, as well as controlling the monsters/enemies themselves.

4. You may have multiple characters, in fact, it's encouraged.

5. Controlling other player's characters are not allowed unless permission is granted.

6. This is not a sexual RP.

7. Be willing to work together with your fellow RPers as a team.

And that should be it.

st4rw4k3r

July 11, 2012, 02:13:56 am #6 Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 02:55:53 am by st4rw4k3r
Name: Evaline Valour
Primary: White Magic
Secondary: Time Mage
Reaction: Critical: Quick
Support: Short Charge
Movement: Move +1
Skills:
       Cure 1
       Cure 2
       Raise 1
       Protect
       Esuna
       Haste
       Slow

Notes:
    Nothing too extraordinary has happened in my life so far. I have mostly been focusing on training my skills and making my self more useful to others. I truly think I can be a very useful member of this guild despite the fact that I am not a fighter, although I am a very good supporter. My specialities range from healing wounds and abnormal statuses such as poisons. My secondary ability is Time Magic. For this I only specialize in the basics: Hasting and Slowing. Also I have commonly heard people tend to distaste magics because of how slow they take to work in battles. This is true, and because of this I find it necessary to note that I am a natural spell caster. I cast at extremely faster rates than what a regular caster would.

I apologize if this is hard to read. I was kind of ranting... I'm not much of a talker or writer.

~Evaline

Dynablade

July 11, 2012, 04:12:42 pm #7 Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 02:51:14 pm by Dynablade
Name: Quint
Primary: Monk
Secondary: Battle Skill
Reaction: Arrow Guard
Support: Martial Arts
Movement: Move HP-Up

Skills:
Repeating Fist
Wave Fist

Power Ruin

Background: A somewhat seasoned veteran, Quint has been hunting for just under a year. His bounties included a few raging chocobos, one goblin thief squad and a pack of Courels that threatened the livestock on a farm. A fighter of fist and feet, Quint never really liked bladed weapons, always felt less...personal. There's a certain satisfaction he gets by getting his hands dirty. Is a team player in the sense that he'll probably be the first person to the front, which forces the enemy to concentrate their fire on him, keeping the spindly mages safe.

Dokurider

July 21, 2012, 03:15:24 pm #8 Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 03:33:54 pm by Dokurider
Quote from: Dorter Captain"It looks like, the Goblins have gone from the Ice Age," adjusting his glasses again, "to the Iron Age." he uttered.

Dokurider

You may now post in the thread proper. Godspeed.

Durbs

July 22, 2012, 09:41:53 am #10 Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 10:02:07 pm by Durbs
I kinda wanna get in on this. :mrgreen: Sounds like fun. Haven't RP'd since CotV.

Name: Noremu
Primary: Summon
Secondary: (None).
Reaction: Magic Counter
Support: Magic Attack Up
Movement: Move MP Up

Skills:
Moogle
Shiva
Ramuh
Ifrit
Leviathon
Slyph

Background: A summoner to the core, Noremu prefers to sit back and let the knights and monks to their dirty work while he summons allies that rip apart his target. The pact he made with the spirits long ago pays its dividend in battle; in return for the latent magic powers (MP) that all humans posses, he gained their help in battle. As a person, he is rather quiet, usually preferring to listen and observe rather than talk. He also has a mysterious Familiar that follows him around.
  • Modding version: PSX

Dokurider

Welp, I guess I lost any chance of getting any militant atheist Voldemort clones to ever play.

Dokurider

And now for my character sheets

Earl Codwell, 35
Item
White Magic
Auto Potion
Maintenance
Move-Find Item

Skills:
All Item skills except Elixir

Protect
Shell
Regen

Background:
Served in the Lionel Army for a number of years as a Chemist, Earl didn't have much ambition to rise through the ranks neither the confidence to go into direct combat. He was more into documenting the movements and behaviors of the various monsters he encountered throughout the years. His journaling got him accepted into the Ivalician Nature Society. He has since been traveling all around Ivalice, compiling statistics and documenting on changes in monster populations and migrations. This isn't his first time cooperating with the Monster Hunter Guild. In fact, his mastery of Chemistry and experience in combat zones have made him particularly qualified for accompanying the MHG on dangerous hunts and missions.

Keith, 24
Elemental
Steal
Counter Flood
Attack Up
Move +1

Skills:
Pitfall
Water Ball
Carve Model
Hell Ivy
Kamaitachi
Blizzard

Steal Weapon
Steal Item*
Disarm**

Special Item:
Blizzard Crystals (10) ***

Background:
Raised in his logging family in Finath, Keith grew up rough and tumble, fighting the horrors of nature since he was a young boy, disarming traps set by goblins. He joined the army when he was 16, keeping in tradition with the rest of his family in serving. There, he put his disarm skills to good use, taking a liking and eventually becoming a Geomancer. However, he greatly dislikes the popular opinion of pro-environment among other geomancers. When he finally left the army, he felt he hadn't had enough adventure and joined the Monster Hunter Guild to kill monsters that plague mankind.

Nicholas Atkins, 40
Charge
Battle Skill
Arrow Guard
Concentrate
Jump +1

Skills:
Charge +1 to +4

Weapon Break
Shield Break
Head Break
Armor Break
Magic Break****

Background:
Born and raised in Dorter, Nicholas spent the majority of his career as a Knight before suddenly making a switch to Archer. Nevertheless, he has a long and storied career on the battlefield and in hunts. He now serves as a senior officer in the Monster Hunter Guild in his home town, frequently leading sanctioned hunts. He is very serious about ensuring the safety of anyone under his steed.

*Steal Item steals their cache of items, preventing them from using Items
**Disarm disarms traps. In other news, toasters toast toast.
***Blizzard and other Earth Crystals are crystals that contain the earth energy of certain areas. Blizzard Crystals contain the earth energy of cold snowy areas. They allow the user to cast the corresponding Geomancy once before it's depleted.
****Magic Break now deals (2/3)PA * WP, hitting at normal accuracy. What relevance does this have? Stay tuned and find out.

skiploom188

July 26, 2012, 10:02:16 am #13 Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 10:33:23 am by skiploom188
Name: Jim
Primary: Throw
Secondary: Jump
Reaction: Speed Save
Support: Concentrate
Movement: Walk on Water
Skills:
Shuriken
Ball
Sword
Level Jump 4
Vertical Jump 4

Background:
He's a ninja who's just looking for some gil. He loves to collect weapons, especially swords. And he loves to eat. Weird thing is that there's no change in his weight despite the food intake. Must be his metabolism. This guy loves speed, and has distaste towards units who are slow moving. He says that speed is what's keeping you alive in battle. He has pinpoint accuracy when it comes to hitting targets. During battles, he only has one concern: His low tolerance towards damage. He admits that he has poor defensive skills, so he prefers fighting with a Raise 2 on his back.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Dokurider

Sorry about the lack of updates, I'm been writing a difficult post for Desperation. I'll try to have something up for tonight.

st4rw4k3r

skiploom188

okay, hang on a sec.

I hope my storytelling is okay with you guys.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

st4rw4k3r

Dokurider

Shit, I knew I forgot to add something in my last post. I was gonna say something to the effect of "his papers got mixed up", so he wasn't walking in looking like an idiot. Sorry about that, skip.