• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:02:06 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Reks

Quote from: Barren on July 21, 2015, 08:29:21 am
Reks, Gaignun or Mudvayne I posted a couple of sample SCC teams. If you guys want to use them as demos for possible SCC tourney we just started to discuss that'd be cool

I can do that
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

I already did a video of a SCC team with no jap cap and the 2x ability/1x item rule
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

Quote from: Barren on July 21, 2015, 05:02:27 pm
I already did a video of a SCC team with no jap cap and the 2x ability/1x item rule

As soon as I posted that, I checked my email and saw it :P

I'll still do tests for people, if you like.

Just shoot me a PM.

Barren

Go ahead Reks. At least show off both of my SCC teams against each other to show off the SCC style
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

Quote from: Barren on July 21, 2015, 05:19:02 pm
Go ahead Reks. At least show off both of my SCC teams against each other to show off the SCC style

Will do

Anima Zero

Quote from: Mudvayne on July 20, 2015, 11:34:20 am
With the tournament coming to an end I can't wait to see matches being posted here again.

I think a lot of us learned something in the last tourney so I can't wait to see the teams people are putting together now. I suspect that the team submission thread will be very active.

With that being said, I'll be recording some matches in the next couple days. Does anyone have any requests for matches they'd like to see? I'm open to requests now that I'm done filming for the tourney so feel free to PM me or post here any requests you may have for match-ups!

Wouldn't mind seeing The Raging Monk get another match.  Been awhile since I've seen that team in action and I'd like to see if any tweaks to improve it can be made.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Anima Zero

Thanks for the video TrueLight!

As much as a damage heavy team mine is, the status side of it isn't the strongest.  Heroebal's team did the smart thing and kept shutting down the biggest threat which was my Bard, forcing my Mediator & Chemist on healing duties.  I do think I can make a couple small tweaks to smooth up a couple rough edges on the team.  GG sir!
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Elmdork

Thanks for running exhibitions, TL! Been getting a bit dusty over here.

Heroebal is getting pretty good pretty quick, I'm impressed. Recall the raging monk stomping all over one of my favourite teams, but they were kind of a bad port from 1.38 to 1.39

Dat 5 man chiri.. buckets of hurt right there.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Heroebal

July 23, 2015, 04:49:12 pm #4289 Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:09:11 am by Heroebal
Thanks for the video TL. I believe that is a catapult diagram (I thought it was a car diagram at first) on that wall in the 2nd map, because I believe those wheeled box things on the upper level next to where AZ's team starts off are supposed to be the catapults.

I was surprised to see two decap procs back to back in the first video. I think HH has a pretty good counter against most damage dealing teams like AZ's team here. I made HH to be like phalanx unit, they will buff/tank/tank/heal/heal/somebody does damage (usually Geo>Sam>holy pal>item pal for dmg order).  If they can't outright defeat teams through offense, they can wear out opposing teams via out healing/tanking them. They have trouble against teams they can hurt them faster then they can heal back up or cause status inflictions. Like Barren's tournament team gives them heaps of trouble in my practice runs scholar's AoE spell/ninja plus sinkhole to negate the females raise attempts.

Reks

Would love to see a test or two with Cascade.

Since it's a snowballing team, either a team equally slow to see if they can, in fact, build up a lot of power, or one that's a bit faster to see if they need tweaking to not be so reliant on building power.

Corosar

Quote from: TrueLight on July 24, 2015, 07:07:45 pm
FFT Arena 1.39C - Reks (Cascade) vs. Rouroni Elmdor (Get Off My Damn Lawn)

WHAT AN ENDURANCE MATCH!!! my gawd that was insane.... so even that the fights lasted for so long... reks came so damn close so many times of winning out.... i say what did it was that armor breaking. without the health it was hard to keep the team going.... but damn!! that was 2 and a half matches! I think i got my FFT arena fix today!~

also i would not mind seeing more matches with my team mainly nightmare hunters or Cursed dancers... i wanna try and figure out the classes i worked into them.
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Mudvayne

Would love to see my new team 'Dirty Dozen' in some matches. I think it's the team I plan on focusing on and improving most. I really like the team I just have not had a chance to even test them out yet.

Things are super busy at work right now and I'm unable to record matches for the foreseeable future. Sorry guys. I might try one day to get some matches out next weekend, but no promises.

TrueLight

• Modding version: PSX

Corosar

Quote from: TrueLight on July 25, 2015, 12:36:26 am
I'll try to get a match done for you tomorrow, Mudvayne.

FFT Arena 1.39C - Corosar (Nigthmare Hunters) vs. Rev4nd (Sneaky Magic)

I can only say one thing.... GEEEZUZ!!! I didn't expect that much umph out of them holy crap!
Time for a new season!

Mudvayne

GG Corosar. That team looks pretty nasty.

Elmdork

July 25, 2015, 12:40:03 pm #4297 Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 01:04:24 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
That was... a bit painful to watch.. Counter+bows don't work.. that was part of my offence gone, but still kind of a dumb idea. I'd get hit by my own arrows half the time if it did work. If I don't immediately delete the team, they'll get pa save or damage split.. anything is better than nothing I suppose.. may give TM one offensive spell to avoid 1hr matches..

GG reks, that was a classic slog-fest between us. Just turns out that way most the time.

.. and I'm SO SORRY TL!

Bahahaha now that was an interesting match. I got a good laugh out of that first ninja ice proc.

GG to the both of you, Corosar, your team is looking pretty good, looking forward to seeing them again.
Rev4nd, I urge you to keep refining your teams, that was a neat idea and a blast to watch.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Corosar

after that first round i thought dw was gonna win out completely... but mudvanye turned that around... that was interesting to say the least GG both of you!~
Time for a new season!