• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:30:20 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT Arena SCC Tourney Registration

Started by Barren, July 22, 2015, 05:36:15 pm

Barren

July 22, 2015, 05:36:15 pm Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:49:32 am by Barren
Starting today I am accepting teams. The tournament will start in a couple of weeks so start building teams! PM me your team and I will check to see if there are legal.

As voted by you, the rules of this Single Class Challenge Tournament is as follows:

No JP Cap. Go nuts with the JP spending!
2 copies of an ability are allowed. Just like your typical Arena rules
Only 1 copy of an equipment is allowed. This encourages variety in items that is normally not used in typical AI tournaments
Mimes are banned due to glitches that can cause the game to crash

Also in thanks to Mudvayne's suggestion, if you have picked up to three classes then the RNG will be picked 1 -100. 1 - 33 being your primary choice, 34 - 66 being your second choice and 67 - 100 being your third choice. When I put up a stream Saturday (due to the website being down) I will be hosting the random drawing. If you haven't picked up to three classes yet post them in the SCC picks topic.

The Deadline will be August 10 11:59 PM EST

If anyone has any questions you can post here. Thank you and good luck!

Registered Players
Barren
gatebuster202
Corosar
StarRacer
Skiploom188
Anima Zero
reinoe
Mudvayne
dw6561
Heroebal
fattyzilla
Rouroni Elmdor
Krypt
DARKANGELUZX
Vigilanti
Jumza
Dragonblade
CT5Holy
silentkaster
Fdquinn11
Reks
Lakitu673
DomieV
TrueLight
Andante49
Shintroy
RedWorld
Gaignun
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

I'll wait until I know what I have before making a team, but that't not too far away.

Looking forward to it all
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

silentkaster

May not be able to see or join the stream so just PM me with the class I need to make. Please also edit your opening post to say what the rule with Mimes will be...thanks!
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

skiploom188

Me too I won't be able to join the stream :(

Somebody just tell me the number I got when they are drawn. Thanks so much!
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

gatebuster202

I'll comb through the thread and compile everyone's choices, into a google doc. I'll then provide the link in the stream for live updates on team selection. We can also use that doc for bracket building, and tournament info. The living doc will be perfect for everyone who can't make the stream.
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

silentkaster

Also, remember gatebuster202, i will pick the class that is either least used or whatever is specifically asked of me by the hosts if you want to add that to the document (except mimes, preferrably as i really dont want an all mime team. Still unclear as to what rule is being used for mimes, though.)

I am surprised Thief is so unpopular. I have an undefeated SCC team using thieves (admittedly, it would have to be changed somewhat for the tournament but still...)

Elmdork

Umm I vote ban mime, I love them and all, but it's kind of broken in SCC.

Everyone knows thieves are a bit OP, which is why I want to showcase an oracle team specifically. Just want to show off the versatility of the class while making an overall decent team.

Thanks gatebuster for helping out with everything!
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Mudvayne

Ban Mimes. Sorry. The idea of having 1 per team with a forced secondary of your primary class isn't a terrible idea but they really do take away from the spirit of a "SCC" tournament.

gatebuster202

No one has selected Mime Mudvayne, though I have to totally agree, bad idea in general, and possibly quite poor synergy, given how glitchy they can be. (See the Damned signature.)

Silentkaster. Very sorry I missed you on the roster, I never seem to be fully awake when I am on Hacktics. (Not that their is a whole lot of difference. Anyway.) I added you to the list as a Random pick. We currently have a very nice spread, so likely Barren and I won't have to lock you into anything.

silentkaster

Sounds good. Just Let me know what class it should be if there's a tie for the bottom and I will do it. I kinda like having you guys "pick my fate" so to speak :P

gatebuster202

Ha! If you like this just wait. Hopefully I can get a program that lets me do proper casting for our streams. (Christmas... Maybe.)

Barren

Also a quick tip for those who end up with monks. Since its a 1x equip only you should probably have someone with equip armor for extra HP and more status protection. Might not be effective offensively but can make good support units

Gaignun

Have classes already been assigned?  I am thinking of submitting a team, but I do not know which classes are being represented.

Barren

July 24, 2015, 10:13:14 am #13 Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:09:27 pm by Barren
Not yet. The site was down last night and I was not able to post a link for the stream. I'm doing it tomorrow night so you still have time to pick your three classes Gaignun and have one be assigned to you

Gaignun

Sounds good.

Primary: Wizard
Secondaries: Time Mage, Summoner

I'll take wizards if they're not yet being represented.  Otherwise, throw me in the lottery.

gatebuster202

@Gaignun I'll get you on the doc in just a minute. Anyone wanting to change, just let me know in the next 20 hours here or somewhere in the two SCC class/registration threads. I'll get the doc up to speed til 7:30 AM CST

Gaignun

Are assignments going to be revealed before registration closes?  I'm flexible among my three choices, so if I end up sharing wizards with somebody when there are no time mages, I will gladly change to time mage.

Barren

Yes. That way you will know what SCC team you are expected to submit

gatebuster202

Corosar

Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5