• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:30:10 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

SCC Tourney anyone?

Started by Barren, July 21, 2015, 08:32:16 am

If we were to have a SCC tourney, how do you want the tournament go?

Regular Double Elimination Rules + Regular Arena Rules
3 (18.8%)
Regular Double Elimination Rules + No JP Cap & 2x Ability/1x Item Only Rules
7 (43.8%)
Regular Round Robin Rules + Regular Arena Rules
3 (18.8%)
Regular Rounds of Swiss + Regular Arena Rules
3 (18.8%)
Just wait until the next patch comes out
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: August 04, 2015, 08:36:45 am

Mudvayne

July 21, 2015, 07:22:34 pm #60 Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:27:45 pm by Mudvayne
Regular Double Elimination Rules + No JP Cap & 2x Ability/1x Item Only Rules

This is the best option. I think it's going to continue to be voted as the best option as well. We should open registration soon to see who all is participating.

The interest is here. This post exploded. The only thing I can see being conflicting would be agreeing on how we go about picking classes and limiting the number of people using one particular class. I think limiting it to 2 or 3 would be best regardless of the size of the turn out.

Elmdork

Well, if we're calling dibs, I want Lancer, Mediator or oracle.

.. I'm having troubles deciding, I could potentially prevent anyone from talking smack about oracles again..
.. but lancers are so cool. Will make a regular season with lancer if I don't here.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Jumza

If we're talking dibs then we should probably open up -another- topic (despite there being so many) to keep everything organized :P
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Barren

Well if everyone likes the rule they voted for and would not mind the class picking then having it randomized bewteen them then I can end this poll early. Otherwise I can give this poll until Friday since this all of a sudden became such a much talked about subject
You dare cross blades with me?

Barren

Quote from: Jumza on July 21, 2015, 09:12:51 pm
If we're talking dibs then we should probably open up -another- topic (despite there being so many) to keep everything organized :P

That was the SCC pick was meant to be but it got a little out of hand. We should just use that one so it won't be so cluttered

Elmdork

I'm cool with that if it'll get things moving, didn't mean to give a hard time about it. By the looks of things, most people are choosing lesser used classes, so that's good.

Thanks for taking the time to organize everything, barren!

(and thanks for the shout out, silentkaster. I love my oracles)

Corosar

I am very much okay with the current voted rules i would be alright moving onto the next step!
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Mudvayne

I think everyone posting say 3 classes they are interested in and then having RNG decide your fate on one of the three classes. No limitation to how many players per class since I would say that little RNG factor will make things a little more fair.

Corosar

>~< oh crap i only have two ideas with classes... and one is more than the other... i prefer to have summoner... but if i have to RNG it.... i could do Wizard... and hmm..... i... i don't knew enough of the other classes... maybe.... urmm... b...bard/Dancer.... maybe? do they count as seperate or the same?
Time for a new season!

Barren

Well in that case we can determine what you get by the RNG whether its a multiple of 5, 4 or Prime Number. Is that fair to everyone?

Corosar

Quote from: Barren on July 21, 2015, 09:59:13 pm
Well in that case we can determine what you get by the RNG whether its a multiple of 5, 4 or Prime Number. Is that fair to everyone?

sorry i am confused huh?
Time for a new season!

Barren

July 21, 2015, 10:03:56 pm #71 Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:10:36 pm by Barren
What I'll do is take your three picks and then determine if that pick is going to be a number that is a multiple of 5, 4 or prime number on random.org

If anyone has a different idea on how to do it please post here. I'm open to sugesstions

Mudvayne

Sounds great. Seems fair and I think it's a solid way to do things.

silentkaster

July 21, 2015, 10:50:37 pm #73 Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:57:41 pm by silentkaster
Barren, I would suggest having people number their choices in order from what they'd prefer the most to least. If too many people pick one class, then The order they finished in the regular season tournament (reversed) determines who "wins" their first choice (so the lower you placed, the higher chance you have of getting your first pick if there are many duplicates) with those who didn't participate in the tournament getting ranked the same as someone who finished at the bottom of the tournament.

Why you might ask? It is likely that newer and inexperienced players were eliminated early. Let these players have more of an advantage with a class they're comfortable with, while more experienced and seasoned players get more of a challenge with building their team.

Just my thoughts to give new players a little boost if you will :)

Edit: this post may have come too late as it was already decided.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Elmdork

I agree with you, silentkaster.

I'll make oracle my primary (odd) mediator secondary (even) and ya'll can have lancer if you want it.

Barren

If I can get a stream going I will post a link in the stream day topic. If I can't then next best thing is everyone to come onto the chat room and we can get started with the random drawing. Reason for the stream is that way people can see what number you'll get

Corosar

That sounds fun actually!
Time for a new season!

Reks

Quote from: Barren on July 22, 2015, 05:32:25 am
If I can get a stream going I will post a link in the stream day topic. If I can't then next best thing is everyone to come onto the chat room and we can get started with the random drawing. Reason for the stream is that way people can see what number you'll get

I wouldn't be able to, unfortunately.

Can't do streams.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

gatebuster202

Reks, I think, Barren will just upload the stream when done. (I could be wrong.) But that seems like the fastest way to do it. If not, (And he wants us on a chat.) I can be available at any point tomorrow or Friday. (Work and Sick Child means I'm busy all day today.)

Someone can always pull for me. OR we can do this like PbP RPGs and go to Invisible Castle, Name a Character and roll a d20 Using that to pick your team from your choice.

Everyone can see the roll because it's archived. OR Barren can Roll us all the rolls to prevent us from waiting to get the roll we want, and using our username as the character name. Then link the rolls.

1d20=3 Sample Roll

http://invisiblecastle.com/

@Barren, I can do this for everyone but myself if you would like? And IF everyone is ok with me assisting in TO. Take me about an hour and I'd have it up before Noon GMT -5
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Barren

If you want to help out that would be great. I was thinking about getting a stream going either tomorrow or friday. Or at least try or get s stream going. Let me know you are ready