• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:43:50 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT: Parted Ways Battle Logs

Started by Wiz, March 07, 2011, 09:07:45 pm

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

The Damned

(Eternal, feel free to slap me on the back of the head if I haven't said anything by Tuesday afternoon.)

If that encounter is Algus, then I'm guessing the contract one is Gafgarion. Hurray.

Also, for some reason, the words "Tonberry Princess" are making me think of Xena.

Doink-doink-doink-da-doink-da-doink-doink.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Eternal

The contract one is Gafgarion and Dycedarg teaming up. :D

Tonberry Princess is 9 assorted Tonberries with Ovelia leading them.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

The Damned

(Curses, I think I screwed up Xena's intro. I usually have a better ear then that....)

I really shouldn't be up at this time, but given that I'll likely have to stay awake now and then walk like 10+ miles later, today is clearly a day wherein much work must be done. Speaking of which, according to Dome, spamming is apparently work, so....

Quote from: Eternal248 on August 07, 2011, 05:01:00 am
The contract one is Gafgarion and Dycedarg teaming up. :D

Tonberry Princess is 9 assorted Tonberries with Ovelia leading them.

Ack, spoilers!

More seriously, that makes sense, though. I'm sure Dycedarg is a manipulative/magnificent enough bastard that he'd insert in a "I own your soul just in case I merge with a demonic entity" clause on a contract just in case. In invisible ink. Poor Gafgarion.

I expected as much for Tonberry Princess given the name and how obviously knife-crazy Ovelia was anyway if the ending was any indication. It's always the quiet ones.

Still, it was amusing to imagine a Tonberry flipping over people while ululating and Chef's Knifing them in the back.

Anyway, I'll let this thread get back to actually being about logs for people who have actually played the battles in it.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Cheetah

Since I'm on break for a bit I'm doing a video playthrough of FFT: Parted Ways.

Current Projects:

Eternal

Yes, keep 'em coming! The changes get cooler as you go along! :D

Cheetah

August 16, 2011, 10:17:22 am #26 Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 04:40:52 am by Cheetah
Okay here is the next part. I apologize in advance for my rant Eternal, it is a pep peeve of mine.

I feel like things start getting a little cooler here, new monsters for the win. However, I'm also beginning to get concerned about the difficulty. Basically the difficulty of PW becomes my main focus for a bit.

Current Projects:

Cheetah

I'm going to be off and away for a week so I'm uploading two videos today. Here is the first, I feel like my playthrough starts getting a bit more entertaining at this point.

Current Projects:

Eternal

Cheetah

August 23, 2011, 05:18:27 pm #29 Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 05:21:54 pm by Cheetah
I'm not sure why but my Youtube account got upgraded or something so now I can upload videos even longer than 15 minutes. To celebrate here is an epic 25 minute video for Miluda I. The low level challenge continues.

PS: Why would Youtube be uploading my commentary but not the game sound? I'm checking a few of my vids and they are correct on my harddrive but not on Youtube.

Current Projects:

Cheetah

August 28, 2011, 02:15:53 pm #30 Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 02:16:31 pm by Cheetah
Back from vacation, but there still might be a small lag in videos because I need to find a chance to do some more recording. Despite the fact that I can now record like epically long videos I think I'm still going to try and fit individual vids in a 15 minute time. Just makes everything more watchable and makes for a steady release schedule.

Current Projects:

Cheetah

I sadly wasted a lot of quality video recording time today trying to get part 10 of this video series uploaded correctly. I had to try three different uploads and formats before I could even just manage to get the game audio and my commentary to upload correctly. Note that the audio is 100% correct in the original videos, but Youtube is missing the multiple channels of audio some how and messing up my vids. I apologize to those who already watched this without the commentary, the current version now includes it correctly. Please let me know if there are any more audio issues with the vids. Does anyone have any advice on how to get Youtube to detect the multiple tracks?

Current Projects:

Cheetah

Part 11:

I now have a successful, if time consuming, method of getting the sound working with my youtube uploads. I recorded quite a few videos today so I should have some regular release again for a while. Sadly it doesn't appear that I will be able to use the latest version of PW. I will keep testing difficulty, and when things start becoming too hard with my starting team I will probably start over with the latest version.

Current Projects:

Eternal

Any reason why you can't seem to use it? If there's a bug or something, I need to know.

Aquilae

September 14, 2011, 12:01:28 pm #34 Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:02:20 pm by Aquilae
:gay:

Cheetah

Continuing forward! It is killing me that I can't see the new Berserker sprite, I'm going insane.

Current Projects:

Eternal

Omega is level 99- Aquilae is level 29. :P

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on September 16, 2011, 02:14:37 pm
Omega is level 99- Aquilae is level 29. :P

Ah, I see
But the damage output is still high O_o
May I suggest you to give him Serpentarius sign, to prevent the damage from skyrocketing?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"