• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:19:11 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Thread for people to complain about the Master Guide

Started by FFMaster, January 03, 2011, 05:03:43 pm

TrueLight

Quote from: Avalanche on March 22, 2012, 09:05:42 pm
I had magic-guns in mind but i think their formula is added.But 

The three physical type guns (Romanda, Mythril, Stone) are all fury based while the three magical guns (Blaze, Blast, Glacier) are all faith based.

Quote from: Avalanche on March 22, 2012, 09:05:42 pmis grand cross fury based?
Yes.
  • Modding version: PSX

Fanatic

So... I understand charging no longer offers a 3/2 modifier to damage. If this is so, shouldn't it be somewhere in the base mechanics section? Or am I looking in the wrong place...

Final Fantasy Tactics Football Fracas [FFTFF] Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/57703092

Fantactic1316

Esuna and Stigma Magic have inaccurate descriptions. They both list C: Brsk, but they don't. -.-

Just thought someone might want to know.
"D'you know in 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before."
-The Doctor-

CupOfOrangeJuice

If you can you should try to get rid of Crystals in this game.

The Damned

(I might as well do this before I leave since I don't want to double post in the stats thread.)

Since I also might as well post something that's amiss on the Master Guide and hasn't been mentioned on here, I figure that I might as well mention that Cross Bow apparently is adding +1 PA that it isn't documented as adding and thus probably shouldn't be adding (even though Cross Bow currently needs all the help it could get). Despite the highly likely chance that Cross Bow is changing to be actually usable otherwise, it seems like something that needs to be addressed if only so that it isn't repeated. Its mention by a couple of people got swallowed due to how quickly the stats/abilities thread has been moving in the past week, so I figured it bared repeating in the appropriate thread given how easy it is to miss minor things when you're editing things en masse.

For something that's extremely nit-picky, the instance of "Cancel: Wind Water" that belongs to Vanish Mantle is missing the comma it should have that Platina Shield has. That too won't matter much soon, though.

Now, for the reason that I'm actually posting in here.

Quote from: fattyzila on May 17, 2012, 06:46:27 pm
If you can you should try to get rid of Crystals in this game.

Uh, there are at least two significant things that are wrong with this request:

1. This isn't the thread for requests, just for pointing out errors in the Master Guide.

2. It would probably help to give reasons for why you think this should be instead of just asking for it, especially since it would be such a big change.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

CupOfOrangeJuice

Well, I mainly say it should be removed since it is a instant heal, and it is mostly luck based on who actually gets the crystal.

reinoe

I noticed that between the male vs female for some of the base classes units there isn't parity in the stat conversions.

For example a Male Knight has...
PA 10, MA 5,
A Female Knight has...
PA 8, Ma 6.

A Male Monk has...
PA 13, MA 5
A female Monk has...
PA 10, MA 6

There are similar discrepancies with Time Mage, Wizard, Summoner, and Oracle.

It's already been mentioned, but as a reminder, the Geomancer stats haven't been updated yet.
My dreams can come true!

reinoe

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on November 18, 2012, 08:46:17 pm
"parity"?

Also, obligatory rabblerabblerabble.

A male monk has 13 PA and 5 MA

A female monk has only 10 PA and 6MA
Shouldn't a female Monk have an MA of 8 to make up for the loss of PA?
My dreams can come true!

RavenOfRazgriz

No.  That has to do with the way Raws and Multipliers work.  All Males and all Females each have the same Raw stats, which you can see in the Master Guide.  The primary difference is that on Males and Females, the PA and MA is flipped based on which gender it is.  Males and Females in each Job also have the same Multipliers because Multipliers do not change with Gender.  All Monks have the same MAM, etc.  The 1 MA difference is due to the fact the Monk's Multiplier is so low.  Proportionally, the difference between 5 and 6 is about equal to the difference between 10 and 13, the main difference is that 5 and 6 both suck because the Monk's MAM sucks.  (The Female Monk's MA should really be around 6.5 but FFT ignores decimals and truncates them, before you mention it.)  Making a Female Monk have 8 starting MA without changing anything else is basically impossible and would lack mathematical parity anyway as the difference between 5 and 8 is proportionally larger than 10 to 13. (60% to 30% roughly.)

So everything is working exactly as it's supposed to.

reinoe

I noticed something hilarious thanks to CT5HOLY's video.

Hawk's Eye takes on the element of the weapon that's being used.  I found out when one of my Archer's helpfully healed an Undead unit and applied Oil and poison as well.  Some people probably knew that already but I was running Hawks Eye to get around units with Fire nullification.  Lesson learned.
My dreams can come true!

The Damned

July 02, 2013, 10:54:58 pm #31 Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 07:36:29 pm by The Damned
(I think I just noticed something that either I should have noticed earlier or shows how easily mistaken I am. For once, those are mutually exclusive [here].)

So, when looking at the Master Guide to try to calculate something at 100%, I realized something looked kinda...off about the Faith formula: Shouldn't the "100000" there actually be "10000"?

The same goes for the UnFury formula. It seems like they either both have one extra zero, especially compared to the Fury formula & no one noticed in all this time, or that I am mistaken & no one else gets has to look like a jack-ass.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

FFMaster

Huh... so it is too...

Fixed and thanks for noticing that.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

The Damned

(Good to know. Also, not a problem given all I do is nag you anyway.)

Given that I "promised" Avalanche I would post a reminder this morning...and then immediately forgot, I might as well say it now before I leave:

FFMaster, please post a note in the third post of the Master Guide, about how the color Purple's crystals are still game-breakingly buggy--perhaps because they contain Oprah & Whoopi Goldberg awkwardly kissing--and thus shouldn't be used.

A brief parenthetical statement next to #5 Purple should suffice.

JamesOnyx

I'd also like to point out that I couldn't find anywhere in the master guide that explains exactly how Chronos Trigger/Dragon Spirit activate.  While testing out which reaction abilities apply to Lore skills, those two would refuse to activate but would seem to trigger when hit by physical attacks so I'm guessing that's how they work.

reinoe

Yeah, some reaction don't just trigger by being attacked, some triggers are either magical or physical attacks.
My dreams can come true!

Dokurider

Chrono Trigger is activated by damage, not just by getting attacked.

Gaignun

Dragon Spirit triggers when targeted by physical attacks.  It doesn't matter if the attack hits or misses.  I am not sure if it triggers off of physical abilities (like Punch Art), though.

JamesOnyx

For noobs, wouldn't it be best if we figured all of these things out and put them in the master guide???  That way we wouldn't have to go back and forth on something like this.

I would recommend wording all of those abilities like so:

*Performs Action* when (targeted/damaged) by a (physical/magical/standard) attack.

CT5Holy

Quote from: Gaignun on July 06, 2013, 09:51:06 pm
Dragon Spirit triggers when targeted by physical attacks.  It doesn't matter if the attack hits or misses.  I am not sure if it triggers off of physical abilities (like Punch Art), though.

It should trigger off of anything physical.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney