• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:35:30 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] Magic guns & Free slots

Started by Dome, June 17, 2012, 04:56:52 pm

Dome

June 17, 2012, 04:56:52 pm Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 07:04:02 am by Dome
The way magic guns work & FFT: Plus is made, at the moment 9 skills are needed to make them work properly
For 1.02, I'd like to remove them in order to free 9 skill slots which can be used to give the player (And the bosses) new skills
What do you think?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Neophyte Ronin

You mean they're repeats of the Black Magic elemental spells?  Why not make a gun that hits for 0 but always casts the spell instead?  The randomness was fun, but if it takes up nine slots, then that's a waste of time.  I don't even like to use Elemental Firearms to be quite honest.  It's much easier with standard firearms, considering elemental weaknesses are, for some reason, unheard of.

Dome

What do you mean with "unheard of"?
Some monster family has elemental weakness

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Neophyte Ronin

It used to be that virtually all of them had some kind of weakness.

I always wondered if you could deal double damage to creatures flagged as Dragons or Hydras, like in Reis' case where her abilities work on specific beings.  That way, they didn't have to put weaknesses on everything, just use a weapon or skill geared toward killing specific creatures, like dragon-killing.

In any case, I suggest you go forward with it as it will further balance the firearms and make them even more consistent.