• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:42:32 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grim Grimoire Beta 0.7- Last Updated: 2/25/16

Started by Eternal, February 12, 2013, 01:48:41 am

grassmudhorses

Quote from: Eternal on June 19, 2016, 04:27:41 pm
Units start with full MP and MP regeneration is not a thing unless you use the Clan Privilege. Are you loading a Vanilla save? If so, that would explain it. Your unit's MP would be 0 and not regenerate at the start of the battle.

Sorry that sentence is a bit confusing... I just want to clarify:

Units start battles with full MP and HP

MP does not regenerate per turn.

There is a CP that regenerates MP per turn.

Vanilla saves have characters at 0 MP while in party. - any way to fix?

GG saves have characters at full MP while in party.

Eternal

Hey, sorry I didn't see this reply until now! I think to fix your Vanilla save characters, you'll have to feed them Ethers, Elixirs, or replenish their MP in some way and when you go into the next fight, they should go back to full MP. Heck, you may not even have to restore their MP. Just fight a battle, and then next battle they may be fixed. I haven't really tested it, but I imagine that's what would work.

Anyhow, I've been working on a new Gria job concept to replace Ravager, since I've not been happy with the old concepts. This is what I've come up with:

Introducing, the Wyrmkin! Wyrmkin are physically oriented jobs who, much like the Ravager, focus on decimating enemies with sheer force. That said, Wyrmkin take two things I was unhappy with (Doom status and Ravagers) and fixes them in a way that I like. The concept is this: Gria are very mobile units. The Wyrmkin is not. The Wyrmkin is a mighty glacier that will slowly edge towards you and crush you and all of your hopes and dreams. Wyrmkin will have only 2 Move (though they retain their ability to Fly, of course), and can use extremely potent weapon-based skills... when they're Charged. Wyrmkin also have access to a few skills without Charge, but their bread and butter is slowly getting close to enemies and striking them while Charged. That said, unlike the Daemon, the Wyrmkin's Charge doesn't wear off after using their skills, so they can stay Charged and slowly approach foes and crush them. The crux is getting close and staying alive while the enemy can rain down on you. They may not be fancy, but they will kill you. Charge can be dispelled, and Wyrmkin can only use their skills within 1 Range, so staying out of their way and dealing with them from afar is the way to go.

While outside of Charge, the Wyrmkin takes an opposite role: being a defensive unit that deals damage by countering and defending allies. Although Charge and offense is their main role, they can shift to a defensive role whenever necessary if it means keeping allies alive. How you use them is up to you!

Pain Spiral      (Deals 1x weapon damage at 100% accuracy to surrounding units, requires Charge)
Bloodfeast      (Deals 1x weapon damage and restores HP equal to damage done, requires Charge)
Phalanx      (Covers adjacent units and grants Counter to the user)
En Garde      (Grants Evasion Up and Counter status to the user)
Flight         (Grants Move Up to the user, but reduces Attack and Defense)
Accumulate      (Places the user in Fury status, granting Charge status in three turns)
Reboot      (Fully restores the user's HP and removes all buffs and debuffs, including Charge, requires Charge)
Disembowel   (Deals 2x weapon damage to a single target within melee range, requires Charge)

All of this will need to be tested, of course, but I'm happy with the overall concept.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Bonesy

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

BearPRIME

Hey Eternal, I'm liking the idea of the wormkin but wouldn't using it as a sub class for raptor kinda ruin the whole slow approach thingy?  still looks, great keep up the good work!

Also flair from gourmond drawing everyone in will be really good with this monster btw.

BearPRIME

also a side question. How do you change animations of your custom moves? Lennart's ability modifier cant do that right?

Rucession

@BearPRIME: The ability editor can't, but Lennart's data spreadsheets contain most of the addresses for ability animations.

@Eternal: Update on the Cannoneer buffs - Target works with melee weapons, but it just makes the user melee swing at whatever's in front of him on his next turn. Also, how did you manage to get abilities other than the Flintlocks' to consume the Primed status?

*Off-topic* Has anyone managed to remove Mirror Mail's auto-reflect status? It seems to be hard-coded and even changing the item's equip effect or the Reflect ability fails to remove it.

JoeCool

BANNED

Eternal

Joe, if you're going to be consistently negative, I would advise just dropping your armor and gil and walking away. Real life takes priority over anything on FFH, and if you can't be patient and wait for a quality product, you're free to look elsewhere. I'm not going to rush anything I do just to succor you. Make no mistake- I'm grateful that you're excited. I just ask that you have patience. I'm in the midst of working out some bugs and making sure every job feels fun and balanced, and that's meant restarting the game several times over. If I see Klesta one more time, I'd quite welcome having a beak to the eye. Ultimately, you want everything to feel polished, yes?
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

3lric

I warned you.

Now, once you are able to post again in 55 days or so, once your account is unsuspended, maybe you should come back and apologize to Eternal for being a dick.
  • Modding version: PSX

Marche

Hey eternal the OP is kinda misleading and I dont know what's in this hack.. Will you update the OP in the near future?

grassmudhorses

Quote from: Eternal on July 27, 2016, 09:49:02 am
Real life takes priority over anything on FFH, and if you can't be patient and wait for a quality product, you're free to look elsewhere.

Agreed, better not rush it, or we might get another FF14 beta  :o :mrgreen:

No but seriously, thanks so much Eternal.  It's amazing how little time I would have for personal projects like this...

Awesome work so far, and hopefully we get some way to up the midgame dip in difficulty... Getting some auctions done, and once Doublecast/Turbo MP Red Mage/Blood mages hit, the difficulty takes a huge dive.  Perhaps a nerf to Turbo MP is in order?

Eternal

Great news, everyone! I'm hoping to have an update out tomorrow or early next week. Things are wrapping up nicely. I'm also working on making a Master Guide on Google Docs with ability info- more will of course be added later. This way it can be easily updated as updates continue. Thank you all for your support and patience!

The Master Guide (WIP) can be found here.

chocolatemoose

Looking forward to it!

The guide will be super-helpful for having the most up-to-date info.

Marche

Quote from: Eternal on August 20, 2016, 06:21:50 pm
Great news, everyone! I'm hoping to have an update out tomorrow or early next week. Things are wrapping up nicely. I'm also working on making a Master Guide on Google Docs with ability info- more will of course be added later. This way it can be easily updated as updates continue. Thank you all for your support and patience!

The Master Guide (WIP) can be found here.

HYPE Looking forward to the update!

Eternal

Hey all, wanted to give you an update since I promised a release this week. I had just about everything ready, save for a few text changes. Unfortunately, I went to work a few days back and came home to a power outage. When the power was restored, I was unable to turn my PC back on. I've tried everything to no avail, so I'm waiting for my IT guy to check everything out. He thinks it could be a power port issue despite my computer being connected to a surge protector, but we'll see. I've specifically instructed him to make this a priority so that I can get the update out to you as soon as possible. I asked Darth to post an update on here since I couldn't access FFH for a bit so as not to leave you all hanging, but I know he's been busy, so I apologize for the lack of communication.

I really apologize for the delay. The worst part is that I do some work from home now, so this is even affecting that. Thank you all for your patience, and wish me luck in getting this fixed. I just hope it's the power port and not something worse!

Bonesy

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Lowin20

Hey his computer is in the hospital, that's enough to put anyone's life on hold. We ought to cut him some slack, as this mod will be worth the waiting without a doubt.
"I am come."