• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:43:29 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Recent posts

Pages 1 2 3 4 ... 10
The Lion War / Re: DuckStation GameShark Chea...
Last post by KenoattX - April 08, 2024, 11:09:25 pm
Quote from: Idward on November 09, 2022, 09:56:34 amHere is another I found very useful.

#group=During Battle
#type=Gameshark
#activation=EndFrame
[100% Invite Sucess]
30060251 00F0

I have added this code, thank you for suggesting it.
FFTA/FFTA2 Hacking / Re: FFTA2 Shrike Patch - Versi...
Last post by Shrikesnest - April 07, 2024, 11:16:49 pm
Awesome, I'm glad you got it working!
Last post by chocolatemoose - April 07, 2024, 11:16:18 pm
Thank you! I was using a different delta patcher program. xdeltaUI patched it successfully. I haven't fully tested the patched game but it loaded just fine.
Completed Mods / Re: FFT The Lion War ReMixed
Last post by TheSuzakuSeven - April 07, 2024, 10:17:25 pm
Fair enough, I will patiently wait for that version then and in the mean time just play the original mod. I really thank you for your work on this because all of the stuff you've done is extremely needed. I just can't bring myself to play the original script with all the buffs/nerfs and easiness of the US version of the original.

Edit: Do you have a lot more things you wanna do with this mod? I'm debating on just playing both but if you have things in the work for it I'd rather wait so I don't miss out. Also I started it up just to see and Algus is super bugged. Way different sprite, glitches out during cutscenes and has a different mini mug. 
Last post by Shrikesnest - April 07, 2024, 04:28:53 pm
That's really odd. I can't replicate the error you're getting. It works fine when I try it using the xdeltaUI program. Maybe there was an error with file corruption during download or decompression? Is anybody else encountering this error?
Last post by chocolatemoose - April 07, 2024, 04:11:43 pm
Excited to play this, but is the patch working properly? When I try to apply it using the Delta patcher I get the following errors. Didn't have this issue with the previous patch.Screenshot 2024-04-07 130929.png
Last post by Shrikesnest - April 06, 2024, 04:13:37 pm
After months of work, version 1.2 is released! I'm happy with where the patch is at right now, and am probably going to focus on other projects for awhile, so the next update is probably a long ways away. Just fair warning. If there's something you'd like to see in the next update or you run into a problem feel free to let me know!
Completed Mods / Re: FFT The Lion War ReMixed
Last post by Nyzer - April 06, 2024, 12:30:16 pm
Quote from: TheSuzakuSeven on April 05, 2024, 10:07:34 pmHello, I'd love to play this but I'm one of the very few who actually like The War of The Lions script more and was wondering if you could make this compatible with The LionWar War of the Lions mod?

It's my preferred script as well, but I chose not to use it at first because TLWotL has a few more ASM hacks, and others that were moved, and last I checked, that caused them to have compatibility issues with some of the Quality of Life hacks.

It wasn't until I was done the bulk of the work on ReMixed that I finally got my foot in the door with ASM hacking - before then, I'd tried on several occasions to follow along with what the hacks were doing to attempt to sort of understand them, but couldn't - just because of different kinds of formatting and documentation, I think. Not knowing how to convert hex code to ASM, or named registers to standard ones, or how some offsets were relative to their sector while others were specific to RAM, meant that most of the hacks I tried to read or compare the code for were total gibberish to me, and without anything to anchor myself to while I tried to figure out the format, it went nowhere. But after being told about how some hacks' offsets do use RAM offsets that need no conversion, and after looking into a hack that was in the same format used by the wiki, things finally started to click.

Things snowballed from there, and now I'm quite comfortable making and editing ASM hacks. But making it with the WotL script would have required more work at the end, and I didn't want it to have to wait until the new year to release. I've also always wanted to have a toggle that the player can choose at the start, that picks between the two different scripts for events and changes units' name IDs and custom nicknames. Stuff like ability and location names would still be locked to only one option, but a separate Tactext patch if someone really wanted the original PSX stuff wouldn't be too much to have around.

So it's on the list, but because of the work that would be involved in it, and the work that was already involved in ReMixed, and a lot of other work that ended up wasted, I haven't had enough motivation to get started on it yet. I expect I will eventually, but I can't bring myself to start a task that'll take a few weeks to do when I've mostly just been knocking off a smaller one-night task once every week or two and haven't even been able to feel inspired enough to do slightly bigger things that would take about a day and a half or something.
PSX FFT Hacking / Re: Archmage HACK
Last post by Orkney - April 06, 2024, 08:41:27 am
Here. Attack bug if solved. I found that Friendly and Hostile didn't work as intented. It is solved too.
FFTA/FFTA2 Hacking / Re: Broken aspects of the base...
Last post by Ezzeth - April 06, 2024, 12:31:45 am
Yes Ultima is broken, nerfing it to not 1shot may be a good choice. But I personally want to discard it to gives the gameplay more variety. Not relying on Ultima for damage.

Halve MP is not completely OP on its own, but it easily breaks some skills. Increasing their MP cost will make them unuseable without Halve MP. Makes balancing too hard. Idk, my current approach is to disable it for now.

Bonus AP being picked almost everytime and no time to experiment with other privileges is a bad design, but disabling it will make AP gain too slow. So yeah, maybe its better to disable it and increasing base AP gain (or decreasing AP required).

There is no need to balance Turbo MP, just balance anything that gains more MP and Turbo MP wont be overpowered
Pages 1 2 3 4 ... 10