• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:50:43 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

A Question about stats

Started by Zuka, December 19, 2008, 10:55:51 am

Zuka

December 19, 2008, 10:55:51 am Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 11:22:01 am by Zuka
Do i want growths (HP/MP/SPD/PA/MA) to be higher or lower? I've noticed that certain high HP classes like the monk actually have smaller HP growth than the chemist or squire, but is their high HP due to the multiplier, or is a lower HP growth the secret to high HP?

|| Edit || Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if changing the mimic skillset will glitch the game, or if I can edit the Mime into a non-mime class at all?

Helbrax

December 19, 2008, 11:07:52 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Helbrax
Lower stat growth is better.
Higher multiplier is better.

For growth, the number is used as a denominator in the formula.  So if growth = 2 and your numerator = 10, 10/2 = 5.  Whereas if growth = 5, then 10/5 = 2.  These are just arbitrary numbers used to prove the point.  Your GROWTH values you want to be lower.

If I understand correctly, the multiplier is used to multiply your base stat for whatever job you choose.  So if you go into a class with a high PA multiplier, then your base stat will be multiplied by that much.  So if your stat was 10, and your multiplier was 110%, then your PA would be 11 while you are in that job.