• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:58:45 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Suport abilities and other questions

Started by alanananias, October 04, 2016, 01:58:23 pm

alanananias

Hello, i am a new user and a brazillian, so sorry for my english if is bad, but i have a questions about some support abilities and other things, i play the WOTL, i know that the fftpatcher and fftorgasm are limited to this version, but not have problem to solve this questions, and can make a idea for new project or personal hack in my case :

Jp boost, increase in X%, in fftorgasm have this option but not have the "X" to change value, and i dont know the gain value in this option, i have a idea to put gain in multiples, ex: 1.3x, 1.5x, 2.2x.... same case for Exp boost

How to modify range for item trow (chemist support) ?
How to put the ability Beg (orator ability) to hit more than 1 target like mimic darlavon ?( i tested increase the range of action, but only hit 1 target)

How to put special jobs to appear in random normal battles, and after battle appear the window of recruitment to this units ?

How modify the chance of cast magic linked to weapons ? Ex: X% to cast blizard in icebrand atack (we change value for this)

Well is this for while, i also have a sugetions to put a real diference to element weak in some monters, maybe a new project, well have a great game and great hack !

• Modding version: PSX & WotL

BleuVII

There are a lot of questions, and unfortunately the answer for most of them is, "You can't do it in FFTPatcher, and nobody has written ASM for WotL." Below are the ones I have answers for:

Quote1. Jp boost, increase in X%, in fftorgasm have this option but not have the "X" to change value, and i dont know the gain value in this option, i have a idea to put gain in multiples, ex: 1.3x, 1.5x, 2.2x.... same case for Exp boost
2. How to modify range for item trow (chemist support)?
3. How modify the chance of cast magic linked to weapons ? Ex: X% to cast blizard in icebrand atack (we change value for this)

"You can't do it in FFTPatcher, and nobody has written ASM for WotL."

QuoteHow to put the ability Beg (orator ability) to hit more than 1 target like mimic darlavon ?( i tested increase the range of action, but only hit 1 target)

If you increased the effect area, it probably hit multiple targets, but only displayed the animation on one. Many of the animations are not set to repeat.

QuoteHow to put special jobs to appear in random normal battles, and after battle appear the window of recruitment to this units ?

Do you mean like Special Characters? In the ENTD data, you must make the sprite set and the job match. Then you check "Join After Event". You will probably also want to check "Immortal" so that they don't crystalize. THIS IS LIMITED THOUGH. Here are the limitations:
1. If the sprite set and the job do not match the internal hardcoding, they will START with whatever job you give them, but they will not be able to learn abilities from that job. If you change them to a different job (like Knight) and then change them back, they will default to whatever job goes with their sprite set.
2. You cannot ever do this for a Dark Knight. The game's hardcoding of "20 kills" cannot be undone. They will not be able to learn Dark Knight skills until they reach 20 kills.

Hope that helps!
  • Modding version: WotL

alanananias

Thanks to reply, but i know that the program is limited, no problem and is good for testing things, WOTL is very good to hack in possible things, but no problem

I tested the ability Beg with range of action increased, and i calculated the gil after battle (i used 2 times in 2 battles,1 time per battle) the ability really only effects in 1 target, i thought also that the animation, but no, i will test later other ranges maybe other animation

About the sprites, i need something help for this, for example: i make one random battle that appear one death knight or templar (not the beowulf), i need put exactly corresponding gender, location and sprite ?

The support abilities have much pontential, but would  be nice if can change details for this abilities, but thanks to reply, i will test the psx version later
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL