• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

How the fuck????

Started by Shade, May 17, 2011, 04:27:32 pm

Shade

Upupupu...

Zetsubou

dinosaur

Hm? What's wrong Shade- why the ill-feeling towards this patch?

VampragonLord

May 17, 2011, 06:23:51 pm #2 Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 06:31:22 pm by VampragonLord
they made a lolpatch of fft and try to pass it off as a real one.
the base of it is.... they decided things like ninjas and calcs were "too good", so they made every other class *as good* as ninjas and calcs, so that they were all "viable choices".
some other joys of it are "all classes now have innate: gained jp up" along with reduced ability costs across the board.  Some examples are
Shield Break: 300 -> 50 JP.
Bolt 4: 850 -> 350 JP
Quick: 800 -> 200 JP
Thieves got a bumped up "steal" rate + innate 2 swords, non-charge is now learnable (dont worry though! it costs 9999 jp.....)
but dont worry! they nerfed some stuff too! like ninjas...
* HP Multiplier decreased from 60 to 50
* PA Multiplier decreased from 122 to 102
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

MagiusRerecros

I suppose I could accept someone just starting a thread about it, and some people being excited about it... But why does it get it's own forum? I mean, there's a lot of changes, but none of them seem particularly difficult to make... It's not like there were all kinds of custom asm hacks or anything made for it...

And like Vamp said, it's pretty much just a lolpatch.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

dinosaur

May 17, 2011, 07:33:39 pm #5 Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 07:35:01 pm by dinosaur
I never liked the idea of a completed vs progressing forum....

GeneralStrife

Quote from: dinosaur on May 17, 2011, 07:33:39 pm
I never liked the idea of a completed vs progressing forum....

I am neutral I suppose. Completed is an opinion though. And there are usually fixes or additions coming still, like 1.3.

dinosaur

Quote from: GeneralStrife on May 17, 2011, 07:41:05 pm
I am neutral I suppose. Completed is an opinion though. And there are usually fixes or additions coming still, like 1.3.

Exactly, it is way to subjective.

philsov

May 17, 2011, 08:14:59 pm #8 Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 08:15:31 pm by philsov
QuoteBut why does it get it's own forum? I mean, there's a lot of changes, but none of them seem particularly difficult to make

So... 1.3 shouldn't get its own forum?

LFT has a decent player base for what its worth, it completed what it set out to do (which is a lot more than can be said for a lot of projects floating around here).  It's an FFT rework where SCCs are the near-primary way to playthrough.  It passes all the QC checks, and it is ultimately the player to... well... choose to play or not play the patch.  Considering this is a hacking website and its a completed patch, there is therefore no reason why FFH as a site shouldn't at least link to it and provide a brief description.  I support it being here <3
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

GeneralStrife

Quote from: philsov on May 17, 2011, 08:14:59 pm
So... 1.3 shouldn't get its own forum?

LFT has a decent player base for what its worth, it completed what it set out to do (which is a lot more than can be said for a lot of projects floating around here).  It's an FFT rework where SCCs are the near-primary way to playthrough.  It passes all the QC checks, and it is ultimately the player to... well... choose to play or not play the patch.  Considering this is a hacking website and its a completed patch, there is therefore no reason why FFH as a site shouldn't at least link to it and provide a brief description.  I support it being here <3

I totally agree with this. Why the hate on this patch? I don't understand..

philsov

May 17, 2011, 09:28:28 pm #10 Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 09:35:10 pm by philsov
Because it's still pretty easy (still harder than vanilla, but that's not saying much).  Which is understandable, since when you have 5 units with cross-talent abilities in a game tuned for SCCs... you'll get some lulzy moments.

Edit:  And many people played the patch immediately after beating 1.3.  So.. battle hardened and thirsting for more, the player base descended upon LFT and ripped it to shreds, more or less >_>
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

MagiusRerecros

I wouldn't say I was hating on the patch... I just didn't think it would have a large enough player base for it's own forum. It's not something I'd heard of until today.

As far as what should deserve it's own forum, I suppose I was judging a bit too hastily; I saw the forum itself, and noticed that there was only a single thread about it, and hadn't noticed that it was only started yesterday. I mean, there are enough threads about 1.3 itself that, yes, it deserves it's forum if only to keep the other forums from being too cluttered.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

GeneralStrife

May 17, 2011, 10:30:29 pm #12 Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:31:13 pm by GeneralStrife
It doesn't matter. It's a subforum in a forum.
And philsov the whole reason you said this patch is being bashed is retarded man! lol. Different people have different playstyles...some people don't wanna play a too hard game where they get frustrated. Different playstyles! (Like easytype)

LastingDawn

Problem is GeneralStrife that Philsov was around when both were getting their start and LFT was released after 1.3, what he describes was pretty much the thought process going through the various threads that were spent bashing LFT at GameFAQ's.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

PX_Timefordeath

In response to this, I will become a loli Magical Girl and shoot you all down.

ー═┻┳︻▄ξ(✿ ❛‿❛)ξ▄︻┻┳═一

GeneralStrife

Hmm, did I word that wrong? I didn't mean what he 'said' was retarded. What he said they 'did' was retarded. ^_^

LastingDawn

Oh I read that wrong, as his reasoning for saying that was 'retarded', rather than what is the actual case. Yes, now I fully understand, sorry about that.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Shade

I just hate fact that every generic character can get yell and in one turn 4 speed+, I personally look at this and say "I think this is easier then vanilla".
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Eternal

Thread locked. If you don't like it, don't play it- simple as that.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817