• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:08:11 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

What are you doing while waiting for Journey of the Five?

Started by KingUrameshi, October 18, 2015, 06:38:05 pm

KingUrameshi

Thought I would start a general discussion thread just to keep the Jot5 board movin.  Say a little about yourself, maybe what other games you are playing while you wait for the re-release of chapter 1 or tv shows or movies that you might be hyped about.

Some of the games I have been playing are Metal Gear Solid 5 on the 360, Beyond the Beyond on the PS1 and Talisman on steam. Metal Gear is badass as a new game could be, yeah its got some flaws but I can see all future action games relying on the new Fox Engine to be the corner stone of gameplay.

As for Beyond the Beyond the game starts out strong enough but the lack of save points in dungeons and the lack of giving you an idea where to go next mixed with the insane encounter rate (i'm looking at you Phantasy Star) made me put it down after getting more than half way through it. Talisman is always a good time killer and can either be hugely frustrating or a lot of fun depending on how the game wants to treat you.

Also had a new job opportunity but that fell thru. Guess I will have to stay put and just collect my bonus in December then go on my trip in May before I pick up the search again. Living in NJ can really suck.

P.S. To the moderators if you want to take this thread down I would understand as I must be taking up your bandwidth or just giving you more work to deal with.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Angel

No reason to take the thread down, but it doesn't actually belong in Journey of the Five's section. We have an entire board for general chat, after all. In light of this, the topic shall not be shut down, but relocated (and renamed).
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

KingUrameshi

Thank you! I don't go on message boards much so I don't really know much board etiquette.

3lric

Working on Jot5 haha.

I also watch Supernatural a lot. I've kept up with it since season 1. Asside from that, lots of creepypasta narrations as well as psychological thrillers/horror movies.

Haven't been playing much, since most of my time goes to Jot5, though I have been playing a bit of FFT A2 on my phone since I've been sick. And occasionally I still play Monster hunter with Twinees.

Currently working as a supervisor of Chemistry in a chemical plating lab. Though I may have a foot in at a very large missile/defense company soon.

Angel

As for me, I've lately mostly just been getting over being sick and dealing with all sorts of family matters while sleep schedule discrepancies between my wife and I increase in magnitude, but we still make as much time for each other as possible.

We occasionally watch things on Netflix (Archer, Malcolm in the Middle, etc.) when we're too tired for anything else, and play random Steam or PSX games every few days or so. Most recent picks are Valkyria Chronicles, Cthulhu Saves the World, and Breath of Fire III. I also started a run of Suikoden II that is so near the end I could finish it in my sleep, but never do for some reason. Chapter 2's more important to spend time on now anyway. :v
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

KingUrameshi

Quote from: Toshiko on October 19, 2015, 12:46:33 am
Most recent picks are Valkyria Chronicles, Cthulhu Saves the World, and Breath of Fire III. I also started a run of Suikoden II that is so near the end I could finish it in my sleep, but never do for some reason.

Two of my all time favorite games right there. Breath of Fire 3 and Suikoden II. There is an indie game based on Suikoden II called Exit Fate which is free for download if you get the time that I thought was very well done.

Also I wonder about Elric, do you operate on the East Coast in the US. You might just be one of my outside vendors because I work for an investment casting company and we send things for electroplating all the time. We also send things to Raytheon, Haliburton, Boeing and Honeywell like parts that go into planes and bombs.

dw6561

I'm just being a hyperactive college student, and building teams for FFT Arena. I also have plans for a hack but I can't seem to figure out where to start putting it all together. I don't want to post it until I have work to show for it so that I can make a good impression, and so that it doesn't fall through a hole. Sorry, no events for me :P

Quote from: Elric on October 18, 2015, 11:07:40 pm
Haven't been playing much, since most of my time goes to Jot5, though I have been playing a bit of FFT A2 on my phone since I've been sick. And occasionally I still play Monster hunter with Twinees.

FFT A2, eh? I've been dabbling a bit into that myself. I've been having a lot of fun since I figured out how to horribly break it. Also, freaking Moogle broke the law under confusion lol.

Quote from: Toshiko on October 19, 2015, 12:46:33 am
As for me, I've lately mostly just been getting over being sick and dealing with all sorts of family matters while sleep schedule discrepancies between my wife and I increase in magnitude, but we still make as much time for each other as possible.

You're sick? I hope things work out okay.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Xifanie

• Spending time with my wife

• Making badass tools

• Making badass hacks

• Making sprites

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

3lric

Quote from: KingUrameshi on October 19, 2015, 07:24:29 am
Two of my all time favorite games right there. Breath of Fire 3 and Suikoden II. There is an indie game based on Suikoden II called Exit Fate which is free for download if you get the time that I thought was very well done.

Suikoden is my favorite RPG series. I've never heard of exit fate, so I will definately check that out.

Quote from: KingUrameshi on October 19, 2015, 07:24:29 am
Also I wonder about Elric, do you operate on the East Coast in the US. You might just be one of my outside vendors because I work for an investment casting company and we send things for electroplating all the time. We also send things to Raytheon, Haliburton, Boeing and Honeywell like parts that go into planes and bombs.

I actually operate near the west cost (Arizona). However I do all electroplating for most of those companies :P Raytheon was the company I was talking about having a foot in at.

Quote from: dw6561 on October 19, 2015, 09:26:05 am
FFT A2, eh? I've been dabbling a bit into that myself. I've been having a lot of fun since I figured out how to horribly break it. Also, freaking Moogle broke the law under confusion lol.

Yeah it's not something I would normally play, but it hasn't been -too- bad.

KingUrameshi

Jumza

Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.