• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:11:54 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Grim Grimoire (Latest version: Beta 0.993)

Started by Eternal, June 23, 2013, 07:50:32 pm

Eternal

Blanky and I were discussing it last night. As I recall, there's a way to make it work with VBA-Link and Hamachi.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Darthatron

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Darthatron

Marche

Eternal

It'll likely be delayed a little bit since I've only had one day off a week for the past few weeks, but progress is still ongoing. :)
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

bcrobert

My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

Eternal

Eternal

I have a tester testing the game out while I move items around. It'll flush out some of the bigger bugs that might be lurking, so that'll save some time for me and it means it'll come out faster!

bcrobert

Quote from: Eternal on February 01, 2015, 08:49:53 pm
I have a tester testing the game out while I move items around. It'll flush out some of the bigger bugs that might be lurking, so that'll save some time for me and it means it'll come out faster!

So...I'm just going to say what everyone's thinking right now.

Why ONE tester when you have several people that want to play the game? Why not TOTALLY RELEASE THE ALPHA VERSION RIGHT FREAKING NOW and then tweak accordingly as you receive feedback?

This is not a commercial product for which you'd receive heavy criticism for releasing the unfinished version. People aren't going to complain that they paid too much for the upgrade from alpha to beta because it is FREE. There is literally no downside to reaching an incremental stopping point.

That said, I don't actually care that much right now. I just thought it'd be more fun to be the annoying person telling you what to do than to watch some annoying person tell you what to do. I'm your self-proclaimed one-stop-shop for nagging and criticism. :D

EDIT. Did you remember to fix the items that don't teach any abilities? The display error will keep cropping up periodically as you edit them.

Eternal

Because I'd much rather have one person deal with a buggy mess than several! :P

As for the item ability bug, I think I figured out a very dirty workaround for it which literally involves creating a new ability called Nothing that nobody can learn. I blame Darth.

JoeCool

BANNED

JoeCool

BANNED

Eternal

Just because I don't post doesn't mean it's dead. It means I've been busy and haven't had access to Darth/Blanky to solve some issues, lol. Progress is fairly smooth, just dealing with placing the rest of those items and all that jazz. My tester hasn't replied recently though, so I may just release a beta and have you all test it. I'm sure there'd be no objections. :P

bcrobert

Quote from: Eternal on February 26, 2015, 11:01:11 pm
I may just release a beta and have you all test it.

Release a beta. Release a beta. Release a beta.

Also what is this "no access to Blanky" nonsense? I do have a perfectly functional inbox, you know. I just don't know the answer to the vast majority of your questions. Because whenever you break something you tend to break it very well. :P

Eternal

FFTA GG 0.99 is out! Basically, it fixes a lot of crap, and adds (potentially broken!) new things. Have fun, and report every little issue you find! A complete changelog will be out with 1.0, but for now, most everything I mentioned in the thread has been included.

Enjoy, and remember, every little bit of feedback helps! (And most importantly, Ultima is no longer physical!)

Also included in the main post is a .txt file with where items are placed at and can be found. Note that forced item placement is not yet 100% complete, but the guide is a good starting point on where to find certain things.

thedarkfiddler

Quote from: Eternal on February 28, 2015, 09:47:24 pm
FFTA GG 0.99 is out! Basically, it fixes a lot of crap, and adds (potentially broken!) new things. Have fun, and report every little issue you find! A complete changelog will be out with 1.0, but for now, most everything I mentioned in the thread has been included.

Enjoy, and remember, every little bit of feedback helps! (And most importantly, Ultima is no longer physical!)

Also included in the main post is a .txt file with where items are placed at and can be found. Note that forced item placement is not yet 100% complete, but the guide is a good starting point on where to find certain things.

Excited to play, but I can't seem to find Tsukuyomi included. I think I tracked it down elsewhere, but just in case you still want to include it with the patch.

Eternal

thedarkfiddler

Quote from: Eternal on March 01, 2015, 11:01:15 am
It's included with the patch on the very first post. :)

So it is. Guess I grabbed the wrong download!

vc

I've been giving it a go, but laws still seem to be in effect. Do cards simply do nothing now?