• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:58:34 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

is this project dead?

Started by Archael, October 03, 2010, 02:54:06 pm

Archael

LastingDawn

Since he posted only 8 days ago. I would say, far from it.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Dome

Quote from: "LastingDawn"Since he posted only 8 days ago. I would say, far from it.
Maybe we could ask for more updates

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Archael

Quote from: "LastingDawn"Since he posted only 8 days ago. I would say, far from it.

When was the last time this project got updated? It wasmore than 8 days ago

LastingDawn

He mentions In that last post what his priorities are. Why push for updates? This isn't our job, it's a hobby. We will work on it how and when we want. Should we give updates for every little thing that's done? That would be a long list of rather mediocre changes. Only if the changes actually contribute in a Big way to the overall project should such updates be bothered with. Especially while we're in the development process. Beta testing and such is different.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Archael

I understand that but I seriously can't remember when the last time that this section experienced much activity was

WHen projects like this (small mods of pre-existing games) start going into the 2-3 year development time range and you don't even see beta it just gets me thinking that it'll never get finished

In 3 years you could have made a full fledged game! let alone a mod

Shade

Arch has point even 1.3. was updated many times, and not too often either. We should give sections only if the mod is in beta phase, alpha or demo to push them to over the finish line instead of something that we haven't even seen a demo.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Zozma

Voldemort you must've run out of other things talk about in other sections? I do not mind your input if you'd actually like to assisnt in moving it along faster (even if its only suggestions), however, since I am and have been working on this project almost completely by myself (from the standpoint of actual modifications to the iso) other than having a few testers and some feedback and story help from LD and other info from cheeta and some others so progress will always be at a snail's pace. Unfortunately, I can't do much about the pace unless I find someone else who would willingly assist in actual iso modifications. I welcome any help i get however im not going to beg anyone to do so either.

I have a very busy schedule and its been that way for a long time. Whoever does help has the right to make changes as they see fit as well although I don't see anyone coming forward to take that much time out of their day. So with that being said, no the project isn't dead but it is going to be updated ever so slowly.

I may hide this project soon simply because I haven't been very active as of late. There are a few dreaded changes I have to make due to certain tools I need resetting some significant things to default that were originally modded a different way.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Jon

I guess I am way too late in the game to ask if I may be a tester/critic? I know that if you are doing something seriously, no matter how slow, it most definitely is going to be awesome. I wish I could say "I wanna help with the iso modifications", but I don't know anything. But to test play and offer crits, yeah, I can do that. I don't think I have posted yet on your thread Z, but I have checked out FFT Remix many, many times. This seems very promising and very far from dead. So if you want an honest critic who won't give you any bs, just send me the files. I would get to it right away. If not, thats fine too, I can wait for the patch's release :mrgreen:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Zozma

never too late in the game. I'm trying to finish up story battle setups up to chapter 3 end and then ill give you a test of that. keep in mind that its battles testing only, the story mods will come later, so if a character is there and it doesn't make sense its because the story portion is not edited.

Cheetah

Hacking is hard and really time consuming. Projects start off fast and then slow down because organizing all the information and keeping it all functional is probably the most difficult task.

Way to keep with it Zozma. I feel like this project is in a good place and hiding it makes no sense at all. It is still good to see what people are doing and what is possible. Plus you will never get any help if new people don't know about the project at all. Plus I love stealing the hair from your random sprites :)
Current Projects:

Zozma

haha, you're welcome to use any of the hair.

GeneralStrife

keep in mind 1.3 was strictly entd/fftpatcher editing, while mercs/remix/cop are story and all that good jazz too.

Jon

Cool! No worries about the story, I can use my imagination and make my own story in my head >_> ...wait thats not exactly the idea. Anyways, thanks for allowing me to be a tester :)

You know something? I tried messing around with the ATTACK.OUT editor and FFTPatcher, so I fully back what Cheetah said. I guess if you left the original stats for all the units and monsters, one large portion of the work would be reduced, but still there is so much work. I know exactly what you're saying, you have this idea burning in your brain trying to get out, and all goes well making sprites and a story in your head but then the actual work is like trying to play baseball blindfolded...I recommend you don't try this at home...

Kagebunji

Yeah, looks like you forgot Zoz, could you send me most up-to-date ppf? I wanna complete my testing(last time I stopped at thieves forst battle).

Zozma

I have to make some more changes in chapter 3 first, such as replacing zalmo with beatrix etc as the herecy examiner lol

Jon

Wow, you already have nearly 3 chapters complete? Thats a crazy lot man! Do you have a script for this as well (I know not in game at the moment, I mean like a text file)? Please please PM me (and it seems Kage, too) a ppf of this once you're good and ready :mrgreen:

Zozma

It just takes a long time.

well basically i can provide text summing up the way the story pans out even tho its not scripted into the game.
example: while testing youll notice that Algus and Zalbag are guests at rat cellar, concerned for ramza's safety due to the enemy being aware that they were approaching they came to assist. you only see that they are guests there and dont see the story script implimented yet

Jon

Zalbag eh, yeah, how come his brothers never helped him in vanilla to begin with? That is a good idea. I mean if I had a younger brother that was way weaker than me, I would train him personally just so he would survive easier. Teach him the ropes/basics. And some decent sword skills...

Kagebunji

Yeah it seemed weird when I played it back then, hehe. Once you are done with Ch3(good job with progress!), send ppf to me too please :D.