• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:02:19 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS - SPECIAL POWER RANGERS EDITION.

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, February 11, 2011, 01:50:15 am

dbp

Very cool idea !
And very good job on the sprite so far !

I may also be interested to use those sprite for my engine "later" to make something funny and original.
Final Fantasy Flashtics v0.6 --->

RavenOfRazgriz

Very nice.

His legs look a tad off compared to the regular back standing view, but he looks much better actually having two arms.

How much longer till he's finished, Lijj?  I'm guessing he's nearly done by now.

And dbp, feel free.  It'll be good to have more than one person using the sprites.  I'll make you full sheets of them for Flashtics once they're done if you want.

dbp

QuoteAnd dbp, feel free.  It'll be good to have more than one person using the sprites.  I'll make you full sheets of them for Flashtics once they're done if you want.

You are very kind !
That would be very nice !

I am impressed about how fast ffhacktics spriters can make original characters sprite sheet...

Kagebunji

Quote from: dbp on February 15, 2011, 10:02:21 pm
I am impressed about how fast ffhacktics spriters can make original characters sprite sheet...

Haha, that doesn't apply to all of us. *looks at himself*
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

Awesome dbp I'm glad you want to use them too!  Almost done, I only have the drudgery of the fighting arm,s but actually; these arms are easy... and the water frames to do.
  • Modding version: PSX

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Kagebunji on February 16, 2011, 09:22:51 am
Haha, that doesn't apply to all of us. *looks at himself*

STOP BEING LAZY YOU.

No really, you make good monster sprites and that Hunter needs finishing.  Stop being lazy.

I'm guessing the ETA on FFH's first Power Ranger Sprite is going to be soon there, Lijj.   I'm all giddy simply because this is the most awesome thing ever.

Lijj

Hah! Feels good to be done since the next two will be so much easier:

RavenOfRazgriz

Delita the Red Power Ranger is now forever stuck in my mind despite that Portrait actually not being based on Ch1 Delita despite all evidence to the contrary.

Amazing work there, Lijj.  Now everything else is going to be a lot easier for you since you have a recyclable body I imagine.

Kagebunji

Hehe, you can expect seeing Prism Rangers after I have more free time. I will have hard time to pull off the prism on their heads though, I am sure.

dbp

The Power Ranger in the FFT environment is just hilarious.  :lol:

Personally i prefer the Front "Straight" Portrait, instead of the 3/4 style portrait of FFT.

RavenOfRazgriz

I can see why you'd think that, dbp, but I intend to still use many of FFT's original sprites, so maintaining the same artwork style between the portraits is very important aesthetically.  Keeping it that way also makes it easier on people who for some reason may want to incorporate Power Rangers into their own mods for some reason since these sprites will obviously be publicly released.  That, and I think that portrait looks pretty awesome, especially for a completely custom job.

RavenOfRazgriz

February 22, 2011, 02:57:54 pm #52 Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 09:18:38 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Just posting to let people who don't want to read my other, far more Tl;dr Project Thread that this Project and that one share a large amount of mechanical and gameplay elements.  This means any time I work on one mod, I'm technically working on both until I get to coding events or the skillsets of the Rangers themselves and such.  So those who may fear that one Project may cause the other to not be completed, fear not, as the opposite is what's actually occurring here.

Speaking of skillsets for the Rangers and such - anyone who has some good conceptual or applicable skillsets for the various Power Rangers (Red, Blue, Black, Pink, Yellow, Green), Putties, Lord Zed, the Megazord, Dragonzord, Tyannosauruszord, Dragonzord in Battle Mode, the Prism Rangers, or anything else that is / may be appearing uniquely in this Project, feel free to post them.  Skillsets are the one area I currently have made almost no progress in so far, so I'll take all the help I can get.  Even a bad idea can get the creative juices flowing to find a good one.

EDIT: Updated the OP with some more information and the screenshots of Red Ranger in Orbonne.

MagiusRerecros

I definitely think that the "Go" should stay in the singing animation... It was amazing.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

RavenOfRazgriz

The problem with the "Go" is that with how the game handles animations, it would end up mirrored as "oG" half the time, then there's backgrounds to worry about, etc.

It was amazing, it's just one of those things that is far more amazing looking at it on the sheet than it is in-game, sadly.

Lijj

Well it seems I'm going to have to make up for this with some custom spell effects. We can reincorporate 'go'go' and more.

Lijj

RavenOfRazgriz !!! Where are you? come back come back where ever you are~

Kagebunji

RavenOfRazgriz

My computer got raped and forced to factory defaulting and I'm stuck dealing with a lot of RL issues currently.

I was able to somehow salvage some files, but I've not gone through them all yet.  I think most of my FFT hacking-related things are there.

I'll try to get back up and running soon.  I've not given up on any of these projects, regardless of if I have the files still or not, no worries.  It's just a setback far larger than I originally thought it would be followed by my computer righteously screaming "GO FUCK YOURSELF."