• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:19:18 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Hunter

Started by Cheetah, January 26, 2011, 04:56:47 pm

Cheetah

January 26, 2011, 04:56:47 pm Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 02:49:09 pm by Cheetah
This sprite has been worked on by many people. Started by Kage or R999 and I'm trying to finish it up with a custom hat with the help of others. Most of these posts come from Kage's sprite topic, I'm just separating them so that we can focus and get this sprite done.

Here is a very fast WIP of what I was thinking for a different hat. You can see the original "green beret" from FFT that I used as a base. Oh and I'm not a fan of all the brown on the Assassin. I think she would look a lot better with no headband and a belt or stitching on her dress.
Current Projects:

mav

I like the green beret hat a lot more than the other hat. Will it be hard to do the other angles though? And great job completing the Assassin. I agree with Cheetah's suggestions, but I know you're open to people modifying it on their own.

Lijj

Yeah this is cool, looks like an old big-time merc. maybe in the arms trading business or something :D
  • Modding version: PSX

Cheetah

January 26, 2011, 07:10:05 pm #3 Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 07:10:52 pm by Cheetah
Overall the shape of the hat is very simple. So hopefully this new one will be real easy to do the different angles of. Everyone should feel free to try it because I wont get a chance for a bit I believe.

Do we have any other angles of the sprite done to try previews with?
Current Projects:

mav

Good to know, Cheetah. You know what would actually make this sprite look a lot cooler and more unique? If one of the arms was covered by the cape, as if the Ranger's concealing a weapon.

That might be tough to pull off though.

Twinees

Be sure to fix up the shading on the beret when possible.
And i agree with you mav, but I don't think Kage will want to.

Cheetah

January 27, 2011, 01:46:24 pm #6 Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 02:03:12 pm by Cheetah
Okay here is another really quick WIP of the side view for the hat, ignore the sprite it is just the knight. I was kind enough to try doing the next easiest angle for the hat :). Note that the feather in both angles needs some work and recoloring most likely. What were your thoughts about the shading Twinees?
Current Projects:

Twinees

January 27, 2011, 07:54:22 pm #7 Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 07:55:39 pm by twinees
I was thinking something more like this for the diagonal view, as the shading on the beret that is used for items is different from the fft characters shading.

Cheetah

Ah yes I totally understand now. Good call Twinees.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Yeah well, Beret kills completely the design I had in mind, but what the hell, it looks nice! As to Assassin, feel free to edit it, add belts and whatever else you want, as long as it will look better etc., you can do whatever you want with it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

RavenOfRazgriz

That design twinees' showed with the beret looks nice to the point of making me want to change the sprite I'm using for my Archer/Hunter/Ranger/GuyWithABow yet again.

If that's the design you end up going with for the Hunters (that nice look with Berets), could I request a version that has the Knight's cape emblem on the back with colors referencing the shirt/pants?  I would be all over that shit.

GeneralStrife

Beret looks....odd? Like its not the right position on his head.

mav

Kagebunji

Um, no. To be honest, I don't like berret concept, since everyone likes it, I can give anyone who wants to finish this a base BMP. Well?

GeneralStrife

What don't you like about the beret kage? I daresay it's interesting to see the item on a sprite.

Kagebunji

Beret looks damn great, it's just I don't like it on the sprite. Like I said, feel free to ask for BMP. It is interesting to see item on sprite, yup, Red Mage hat I used is based on Feather Hat after all :)

Cheetah

We can always do more than one version. It is very easy to simply change what hat is used. You can do your version with the feather hat and I and others can just do the beret later. I would like to see the base BMP either way so that I could start working on other angles of the beret.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

No problem, the BMP:

Cheetah

Okay here is the current progress of the Hunter. I need to get palette figured out because right now it is a little high and has lots of room for combining colors. I could definitely use some help with the different angles of the beret. Also what do people think of the rear angled view of the cape without the hood? I have always hated the hood and hope to remove it for this sprite.
Current Projects: