• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:22:45 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

PSP Emulator

Started by shaggy212314, May 28, 2013, 04:49:40 am

shaggy212314

Sorry guys but I am looking for a psp emulator that is gonna run efficiently on my comp if that is possible.

My specs
Processor:    AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8 GHz
RAM:           3 gb (2.75 usable)
64 bit Operating System: Windows 7 (Service pack 1)
I have both 32 and 64 Java installed

I have tried both 32 and 64 bit versions of jpcsp and they lagg reeeeeeaaaaalllly bad and I am not sure if that is fixable i tryed altering the settings. The PSP FFT iso basically works in slow motion and the music sounds absolutely horrible. What PSP emulator should i use and how do I configure it to run efficiently?

cowcow96

No psp emulator run fft with more than 30fps sry i tried it 2

shaggy212314

lol 30 fps would be awesome mine runs like 2 or 3 fps. I wantedc to use the patcher to try to use the newer animations and jobs that the psp version has *sigh* oh well.

cowcow96

not even 30 fps it starts and you need so long time to get in battle because the dialogs take 10

messiahgov

Have you tried the "JPCSP Launcher v1.8.0.4" with higher settings (Xmx, Xms & Xss + SSE etc.)? As far as I can see, your CPU and Ram seem to be a bit low for emulation anyway. I would not use JPCSP without this launcher, try it, maybe you're lucky. ;)