• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:28:55 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

100% Knockback

Started by Argy, December 31, 2011, 03:30:43 pm

Argy

Hello,

Just wondering if anybody can help, how do I give a skill a 100% knockback?

Cheers Argy
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Eternal

There's an ASM for it in orgASM, but I'm not sure if it's fully functional.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: Eternal248 on January 02, 2012, 01:45:22 am
There's an ASM for it in orgASM, but I'm not sure if it's fully functional.

All it does is change a byte.  Of course it works, though you should know that knockback does not work if the terrain type behind a unit is different than the one he is currently standing on or of higher elevation.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Argy

Brilliant work guys!! Found it in orgASM last night. Much appreciated!!
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on January 02, 2012, 02:03:58 am
All it does is change a byte.  Of course it works, though you should know that knockback does not work if the terrain type behind a unit is different than the one he is currently standing on or of higher elevation.

I think I remember knocking someone back from a 1h to a 1.5h, but it was on an incline.  And that's definitely a bug, not being able to knock someone back onto a different terrain type, though maybe they did that because it's the only way to prevent someone from being knocked off the map.  What it should really check for, instead of different terrain type, is if the terrain behind a unit is impassable or is beyond the area of the map.  Also, the different terrain thing could be something they did to prevent people from getting knockbacked into water, since it might have screwed up the animation or something.