• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:50:08 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Raven's Spreadsheet Shop [LOTS OF BUGFIXES!]

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, June 02, 2011, 10:40:26 pm

RavenOfRazgriz

Updated to fix an XML error in the Item and Shop Workbook Compilation and ensure every Sheet of every Workbook starts on cell A1 and that the next column is column B to ensure an error some people were getting with a few of the sheets is not on my end.

The Damned

(*wonders about all the possible uses for the Proposition Editor*)

Good to see that you managed to the Proposition editor after all the grief you said it was giving you a couple of days ago. As I said then, I don't think I have much (immediate) use for it, but we'll see after I finish with my own Excel-based monstrosity later on today. (Ugh. Why have I been working this simple thing all week...?)
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RavenOfRazgriz

I know it's something people probably don't have use for much yet because Propositions are somewhat niche and until now there's been no way to edit them - but make the tools, and the ideas will come, so to speak.  I'm sure at least Mercenaries can get some good use out of it, and I think Parted Ways can at least use it to control Gil Rewards better into its schema.  I also need it personally for a similar reason.

UPDATES: "Item and Shop Workbook Compilation" has been updated with FDC's Weapon Formula Hack, the work of which can be found here.  "Game Progression Workbook Compilation" has been updated with the ATTACK.OUT Battle Event Conditionals Editor Spreadsheet, originally made by Xifanie, with some modified defaults and the end XML page by myself to make editing with it easier.  For those who want to know how to use it, check out my tutorial hereNOTES: I miss-documented the Random Damage formula.  It's listed as Rdm(1...PA)*WP in the Spreadsheet when it should be Rdm((PA/2)...PA+(PA/2))*WP.  This does not affect how the Spreadsheet actually works in any way, I just forgot formerdeathcorps changed the random damage formula when making his ASM.

FFMaster

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

RavenOfRazgriz

You can only use the formulas present in the drop-down box itself, but you can apply them to any weapons you want.  Just note that like I say in the OP, the Random Damage formula is mislabeled and has a couple issues.

Basically, think of the current form of this spreadsheet to be like all the OrgASM hacks that are "Longbow/etc becomes PA*WP", except all tossed into one convenient place that you can flip around with at your leisure.

Shade

Upupupu...

Zetsubou

RavenOfRazgriz

It broke your OrgASM because you're still using an incredibly old version of the Spreadsheet where the .XML portion has a font error of all things.  I released a fix for that ages ago.  Download the most recent version of the spreadsheets and put your changes into that and they'll work fine.

Shade

Edit: it works with earlier version of OrgASM.
Edit:HAHAA game now crashes, because of the crit rate thingy(anything that tries to hit automaticly just crashes the game, expect my revolver).
Edit: same thing with my weapon procs, fun isn't it!
Edit:Same thing with everything else expect equipment hack(doesn't work at all, but at least it doesn't make game crash).
Edit: And now it works with latest version of OrgASM?????????????????????
Edit: Tried Generic Skillset fix, now no matter what skill I put on jump skill set it will heaven thunder only and there is no choocing from a list, when you press jmp, it just gives AOE target.
Edit: this seems to be case only with jump, perhaps it works like defend(skillset).
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

RavenOfRazgriz

Despite what FDC told you, you still have Weapon Procs writing to the wrong offset.  That's probably part of your problem.

Your Jump error sounds like you just messed the hack up but you didn't include it so I can't check.

Updated Spreadsheets to fix the offset writing error on Pride's Indvidual Weapon Proc Hack and add a few features to the Skill and Character Compilation Workbook, as well as typo correction, etc.

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on July 18, 2011, 11:55:00 pm
Despite what FDC told you, you still have Weapon Procs writing to the wrong offset.

I told him to fix it to 0xF6AA0, which is currently not the case.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Shade

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on July 19, 2011, 04:16:49 am
I told him to fix it to 0xF6AA0, which is currently not the case.

Yeah I tried doing that, but it ended doing nothing and when I was trying to find out what was the case, I reverted to old one just in case(in both ones it didn't work), but one offset doesn't explain how every other hack in there is broken too.(haven't tried the updated one yet.)
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

RavenOfRazgriz

Quick Weapon Formula Hack Update.  Hooves got a crash, and I noticed another character limit truncation error.  Fixed it, though.  Shouldn't get any more crashes unless the code itself is faulty now, I triple-checked it.

Next proper update will include a small Soldier Office Editor and  a prototype of a Spreadsheet version of the GUI ATTACK.OUT Editor.  Have fun.

RavenOfRazgriz

Update time!

1.  Pre-Raw Stats Editor updated with the ability to edit Soldier Office costs and initial gear.

2.  Included an Alpha for my ATTACK.OUT Map, Music, Squad, Etc. Editor.  It works, however it is missing default settings and the ability to edit Forced Portraits/Removable Objects because I don't know where that data is located.  It also can't edit PBF compositions, but only because when I try to paste the algorithm 767 times, it breaks for no goddamn reason and I'm fed up with it.  This is mostly meant to just expedite work that would take forever using Xifanie's GUI Editor, such as changing large amounts of fields at once, since this has Copy/Paste and general Spreadsheet perks.  Even if I got the PBF Editor situated, the GUI would still be better for that one role, but I still feel this was damn worth making.  I don't know if/when I'll be adding defaults to it though, I wanted this to expedite my work on Vanilla Plus, but Lirmont did that for me in spades already, so I no longer need it and in turn have no motivation to set 500x12 default values.  If someone else wants to, feel free, and I'll update it and give them credit for doing the work that'd make my brain want to kill itself twice.

3.  I moved everything into a single .rar because the Game Progression Workbook is too big to be an attachment now.   Doing so also massively shrunk it to a single 800kb download, so everyone wins.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on September 11, 2011, 06:42:21 am3.  I moved everything into a single .rar because the Game Progression Workbook is too big to be an attachment now.   Doing so also massively shrunk it to a single 800kb download, so everyone wins.

It helps if you set the maximum number of colums and rows to something reasonable.  I used to have problems with spreadsheets that would somehow grow to a few million cells, which would crash when I Ctrl + A and changed font size.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on September 12, 2011, 11:32:10 am
It helps if you set the maximum number of colums and rows to something reasonable.  I used to have problems with spreadsheets that would somehow grow to a few million cells, which would crash when I Ctrl + A and changed font size.

The issue is that the ATTACK Editor I just made is actually about 3000x20.  I could force-set the size but that won't change the fact it has about 30000+ cells worth of logic going on.  It's not anything you should ever use CTRL+A on anyway, though, but the size issue is related to the Sheets in that workbook all having huge piles of logic to them that spans thousands upon thousands of cells.

I can look into force-setting max sizes on all the workbooks because none of them should be grown out of their bounds anyway but it won't be doing much of anything about this size issue I bet.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I had problems with spreadsheets that were 2 and 3 megabytes when they should have been 120 kilobytes, and I solved them by copying the data to new spreadsheets.  No idea why that happened - the excessive cells theory is my favorite.