• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:42:22 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Monster skills

Started by BlackMageShin, January 24, 2008, 12:30:23 am

BlackMageShin

January 24, 2008, 12:30:23 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BlackMageShin
There's something...unusual about certain monster skills. I noticed that even though they are MA based, the damage is supposedly affected by defense up/protect and not magic def up/shell. Skeleton's "soul" attacks fall into this category.

To understand better what I'm talking about, check the FFT Patcher, abilities section. Look at the "AI behavior" columns.

What confuses me is that in the old days I used to use gameshark codes to buff monsters and I'm pretty sure that the damage of these attacks is boosted by magic attack up.

Of course this could just be another screwup by our dear Squaresoft programmers, but maybe somebody can enlighten me.

Kourama

January 24, 2008, 01:43:39 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
If you really want to make the monster move stronger change the "X" or "Y" of the move.

For example Ice Soul's damage formula is MA * 2.  2 is the "Y" value in the formula so if you increase "Y" you will ended up with more damage.

All the formulas are in Aerostar's BMG FAQ in the following link:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197339/3876