• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:22:33 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

silentkaster

Thanks Barren and TrueLight for the matches. I really appreciate you guys taking time to do those.

RNG really kicked Reinoe's butt in Round 1 with all the talk skills hitting on those archers along with death sentence. Ouch. Round 3 was pretty even until triple panel paralyze...ouch for Reinoe. GG.

GG. Two Raise 2s missing in Round 1 hurt Domie V. Both of our teams struggle when seperated. I kinda lucked out with the RNG both times.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Zotis

How do you get a character to use Heretic?

Dol

Quote from: Zotis on May 14, 2014, 11:58:37 am
How do you get a character to use Heretic?

If he is being targeted with a spell that innocent will reduce the damage from.  Its very situational, but useful if you can manipulate the AI for it.  The easiest way I've found is to have someone with Lore that he wont absorb.

Zotis

Thanks Dol, I'll test that out.  Just so happens the reworking of Assassination Attempt I'm doing does include lore.  :P

ShadowDragon15

I've got a collaboration team with Enderbane23 called For Lack Of A Better Name.... that I would love to see get a battle in.
Strategy is just magical.

reinoe

May 15, 2014, 01:23:54 am #3347 Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 02:15:10 am by reinoe
Quote from: silentkaster on May 14, 2014, 12:58:09 am
Thanks Barren and TrueLight for the matches. I really appreciate you guys taking time to do those.

RNG really kicked Reinoe's butt in Round 1 with all the talk skills hitting on those archers along with death sentence. Ouch. Round 3 was pretty even until triple panel paralyze...ouch for Reinoe. GG.

Sometimes it's just one attack, block, or status that can turn the tide.  But that was brutal.
My dreams can come true!

Otabo

Well. I can't help but think that Leif was on a mission to beat both Sisters and Frannies with the same team. Plus, Consecration spam = GG undeads. I do have to admit that team is very effective, though.

Zotis

Thanks for the video Truelight.

I added a new team, but it wouldn't let me delete my post for some reason.  It said I'm not allowed to delete my own posts on this board, and now it doesn't even have a delete button anymore.  Anyway, I edited my new team in.  Please give it some matches.

reinoe

Hey all.  Minor updates to both Tanqz and "Testing Bowgun".  No updates to "So You Think You Can Dance", but they haven't had a match in a while.
My dreams can come true!

Barren

Given the facts that maybe some draw outs and other sills could have been switched around it did help out tremendously in the end. Plus triple kill quakes are just brutal. GG Guys
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

*raises hand*

Can I have a match with Thunderstruck? I don't know what to edit, since they've only been in two, and both weren't (not Otabo's fault, though they were still both excellent matches for different reasons) the best teams to show me what needs to be fixed and changed.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

Quote from: Reks on May 17, 2014, 11:07:49 am
*raises hand*

Can I have a match with Thunderstruck? I don't know what to edit, since they've only been in two, and both weren't (not Otabo's fault, though they were still both excellent matches for different reasons) the best teams to show me what needs to be fixed and changed.

I already have the matches done its just a matter of editing it. I'll have it up this weekend
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

Quote from: Barren on May 17, 2014, 12:45:10 pm
I already have the matches done its just a matter of editing it. I'll have it up this weekend

Thank you, Barren
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Leif1991

Holy moly I missed quite a bunch of action.
Finally a turnaround for my team.

Slow 2 is my new friend. I really think that's what helped me.

Thank you CT5 Holy and Truelight for the matches.

I'd like to see more of the "Lean, Green, Killing Machines" in action. I don't care who I am pitted against. 
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

Otabo

May 17, 2014, 08:08:58 pm #3359 Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 08:15:38 pm by Otabo

Simply a bad matchup for Fenire, no doubt about that. No way to handle the constant magic barrage from scholar + geo (mainly the geo) plus the fact that Fenire only really had 3 units to work with to begin with. The thief had something going in Round 1, but the Counter Floods got him and it was all downhill from there. Immortal paladin w/Cheer Song is useless unless facing against another stall team. GG.