• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:56:11 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Since I'm going to be here a while...

Started by Rufio, August 25, 2014, 07:47:41 pm

Rufio

Hey.  I guess I should post one of these.

I'm currently working on TableTop Adventures(Working Title).  It's a mod that makes full use of variables and can have many different outcomes based on player choice.  The project was originally just going to be a mod to the jobs and abilities so I could play as DnD classes in FFT, but then I took a stab at eventing and fell in love with what I could do with the conditions and variables.

Anywho, about me:  I am currently living in China (which explains my strange activity times) and work as a teacher.  Before this I was in the military for 6 years and before that I wad in university (dropout, woooooo).  Hobbies include hiking, weiqi, DnD, spoiling game of thrones for people who don't understand what a book is, and smiling as 50 people a day say "LaoWai" in surprise as I walk by them.  If you share any of these hobbies, let's talk about that.

TableTop Adventures Demo is out.
Try it out and let me know how to make it better.

3lric

Welcome to FFH Rufio, I look forward to working with you in the future. You've shown a lot of dedication in that 99% of what you've done was entirely on your own before even joining here. This site needs a lot more of that in a big way.

* Elric handcuffs Rufio to his Tabletop Adventures thread.

Now you aren't allowed to leave  :twisted:

What do you teach? And from the 'LaoWai' comment I assume you are not native to China, where are you from originally? If you don't mind my asking.
  • Modding version: PSX

Rufio

Responding in order from red text on:

Yes, sir!
English
Canada

As for my thread, I will be heading home tomorrow and have been story boarding while I have been visiting friends in BeiJing, so you can expect event updates soonish.  Although I may be sidetracked into working on the world map after looking at Xifs speadsheets on my phone.

3lric

Fantastic! As I mentioned before, if you need any kind of event help, don't hesitate to ask, I'd be glad to help out a project
such as yours. Dat motivation goes a long way in terms of attracting people.

Jumza

Another Canadian! Welcome to ffh where dreams come true sometimes if you work on them!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Rufio

hahah.  wow, that's almost like life.  or something.

Xifanie

:welcome:

Why would a Canadian go live in China?
Trading a blue-blue sky for a grey one? x.x
The living conditions don't seem that wonderful either... the air is just so polluted.

Anyway, welcome to your new home, your room is the 6th to the left on the second floor.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Angel

:welcome:
(Damn, my lovely fiancee beat me to the emote :v)

Greetings from a Canadian import to a Canadian export! We've spoken a bit on IRC (nearly always as Angel), but just wanted to reaffirm Elric's enthusiasm for your work thus far. Glad to see you'll be staying!
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Pride

Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Rufio

I get an entire room to myself!!?  How luxurious!

As for my reasons to be here: cigarettes are 8 bucks a carton.  I have tons of time to travel and see new places.  I never have to worry about stuff like rent, cooking, bills, insurance and all that real-life nonsense because a) my company takes care of it for me or b) it's ridiculously cheap.  plus cigarettes are 8 bucks a carton.   and I can smoke any where I want.  and drink beer in the street when we go out for dinner.

I guess I just prefer the lifestyle here to the one back home.  and did I mention I can buy a carton of cigarettes for 8 bucks?

Angel

And the E-cig was invented in China, which is preferable anyway. At least to me. But I digress~ /o/
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Kaijyuu

Ah, the benefits of living in poor countries. Even average people from rich countries live like kings.

Rufio

Chinas not really poor.  Its consumables are just really affordables, but permanents like apartments, cars, furniture, clothes are equal to or higher than North American prices.