• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:38:22 am

Cancelling charging

Started by Hyraldelita, July 10, 2015, 06:32:47 am

Hyraldelita

July 10, 2015, 06:32:47 am Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 07:51:10 am by Hyraldelita
Hello guys, i'm trying to make a skill that cancel the effect charging..  but it look like no matter what i do , the skill does all fine sprite damage and all, but it doesnt cancel the status charging

i tried before with add status, cancel e all the things i wanted to cancel like charging and defending, then i put Cancel and cancel status i tried more or les all the option, and i did skill which add and cancel status already with any problem.

i just can't cancel charging/defending with the new skill i'm creating.

The skill i want to do is like spin fist, but can push back like dash and cancel charging, is it possible to do something like that?
Or is not working cause i changed effect and animation? =/

Nothing i found the answer, this post can be deteled ^^ it can't be done =/

FFMaster

Some formulas can't add or remove status. They are noted with "NS" at the end of the formula. Make sure you aren't using one of those.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Hyraldelita

yea i just found out =/ it's pity , it was a very nice lookng skill if it could work =/ 

Can't i create my own formula ?

3lric

• Modding version: PSX

Hyraldelita

oh that's cool i'll learn that one day^^ now i'm focusin gon other thing.

Another question Asm or not, are the Archer skill possible to customize? the archerk skillset is the only one that no matter if i change the skill they never work.
i mean perfectly working skills on all the other class and skill set, but if i put them in the archer skill set they don't work.

It depends on the asm script or the archer is not customizable?

FFMaster

I think you have to change the Action Menu for Charge to <Default>. You can find it in FFTPatcher under "Action Menus".
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Hyraldelita

oki i'll try , thanks for the tips

gatebuster202

I just rewrote my archers.

You must remove all charge skills and set the action menu to default. Then you can tag either a set range or using weapon range. (Use aim arm/leg as your checkbox template or you'll be swearing the whole time your testing)

On the Cancel:Charging/Performing, I just jack a formula that already inflicts a status that you know works. (Sword skills, Limits(I think most do.) Ectra.) When I finally get around to ASM I'll probably overhaul certain jobs. (Or beg that awesome Jot5 team for their Archer formula.)
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Hyraldelita

ahha i will never rob them of their formulas! and i didn't even open the asm, so for now i'll stick at simple changes, later on if i want to make more  complicated things, i'll learn to asm a little.

Thanks for all the answers =)