• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:56:08 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Test Characters

Started by ChukyDragon, March 25, 2014, 12:15:39 pm

ChukyDragon

:v/: Hi People!!
I like to know some stuff and help at something...
I like to test some Custom Characters create from everyone here, but the thing is: how i add a special character to the original (or modded) game - psx i prefer - so that i can made a special one!!!

I see a lot of works at the forums: (http://ffhacktics.com/sprites.php) and i want to know more of - test it, use it, modding and repair (if i can) so i can create a version for me and add it to the game.

Please anyway all people can help... :? :v/:

PS: please excuse me if this isn't the forum for this but i'm new at this (the forum)

Angel

March 26, 2014, 08:58:26 am #1 Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:11:19 am by Toshiko
The quick answer is: get ShiShi from the downloads page, as part of FFTPatcher Suite. Load ISO, replace sprites where appropriate. WARNING! ShiShi autosaves, so once you import a sprite, it is auto-written to the ISO. Best to make a copy of the ISO and work from that instead of your only copy of FFT.

Now, the catch... ShiShi only replaces in-battle character sprites. The formation screen sprites, you have to do yourself, and it's a lot more complicated. Thankfully, the wonderful Celdia has written a very in-depth tutorial on the matter. Another catch: if you edit Ramza or any other character with event-specific sprites (EVTCHRs), they'll be broken all to hell unless you fix them (either the EVTCHR or the event itself). This even includes the generic male Knight.

Edit: Sorry, just woke up and derped. You were asking how to test sprites that you're editing, not how to import them.

The best advice I have for that is to look at ShiShi's preview window on the right. You can pick any animation to play, and it highlights the frames that are being used to composite the sprite. The easiest starting point is to just try editing an existing sprite, from either the game or from the sprite submissions page you linked.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

ChukyDragon