• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:48:41 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Razele's ASM Hacks

Started by Razele, January 01, 2009, 02:08:08 pm

formerdeathcorps

Except if what R999 said is true, then the AI wouldn't use your 100% referential attacks on weapons either unless the spells referenced caused damage.  The game is probably using the damage dealt by a weapon as the determinant of whether it should use a weapon attack or a skill.

Quoteas those 4 skills are the only thing unique about the unit that is able to use them and they still dull in comparison to say a holy knight or dark knight. at the very least, it provides a physical attack that has a 100% success rate, (and is flashy as well)

OK, I'll look into it, it's just likely lower on my priority list since I won't be using Meliadoul as player-controllable and all the in-game Divine Knights in mine received other spells.  As for the difficulty, it's harder than some of my recent ones; it'll require additional space and some planning on my part of how to make it work.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Zozma

im not using mel either, however it will be Izlude that comes with the skills, and of course he has to be good <3
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Nirek

I'm not sure if it has to do with being placed over 1.3 or not, but it seems like the broken/stolen items sent to Fur shop is cloning a copy every time a steal/break attempt is made, even against enemies, has anyone else ever experienced this? It was rather... odd seeing over a dozen Blood Swords in stock when I got to ch3.

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "Nirek"I'm not sure if it has to do with being placed over 1.3 or not, but it seems like the broken/stolen items sent to Fur shop is cloning a copy every time a steal/break attempt is made, even against enemies, has anyone else ever experienced this? It was rather... odd seeing over a dozen Blood Swords in stock when I got to ch3.

N6, that bug is the actual result of bad ASM coding by Razele.  He didn't check who used the break/steal attack.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Nirek

Don't suppose a fix was ever found for it? Couldn't turn up anything from searching, it makes a real mess of the fur shop, hehe

Timbo

Do broken Katanas show up?  I could see having access to tons enemy of Chirijiridens as a problem?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Zozma

thats a pretty nasty bug, u gonna fix it FDC?

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "Zozma"thats a pretty nasty bug, u gonna fix it FDC?

Lower on my priority since I won't be using it in my own hack, but yes, I will.  I don't think broken samurai swords will have this problem, though this is an unverified statement since I never used this hack.

Timbo

I think it would be cool if broken Samurai Swords were buyable in the fur shop, but enemy not so much the enemy versions.  This would solve the Masamune/Chirijiraden problem.  You could easily make these so enemies can't equip them and Ninja's can't throw them.  Meaning that the player can only get 1 of each.  This effectively limits the amount of time you can use those powers per battle so, long story short balancing them against other powers.  The best part is it does't force a reset when they get broken.  Honestly, I hope this hack works with Katana breaks.
  • Discord username: Timbo

Nirek

Unfortunately, it does not work for katanas broken with Draw Out, it does however seem to do a whole lot more than just items broken/stolen, just did some more real testing with it, now that I have access to fur shops (purged all the low chapter..mess, with fftastic) Over the course of 1 battle (Barius hill, with the time mage/lancers) I had 1 weapon break attempt, that broke my Murasame), After the battle, the Fur Shop had:
6 Ninja Edge, 2 Murasame, 2 Bizen Boat, 5 White Staff, 1 Diamond Helmet,4 Green Beret, 4 Twist Headband
1 Wizard Mantle, and 1 Feather Boots (poached from one my black chocobos,my whole reason for that random)

Definately checking alot more than break/steal

Edit: I did not use draw out at all in that battle, I tested that in another battle before spamming an asura knife until it broke, after the battle nothing at all was in the fur shop still.

SentinalBlade

Former,

If your having trouble understand all the Hex (and you make it sound like your editing numbers at pretty much random, rather than specific instructions), i can walk you through Renegade64. Which basically compiles hex into ASM, and viceversa for implementation into an ISO. and i can walk you through one of the more advanced tricks; Labels...so you can byapss the standard jump distance limit, (0xFFFF is very limiting, especially since most of code is at least 67000 away) itl help with repointing hacks or writing larger hacks. Razele had to walk me through it, as its a bit hard to understand on your own; the syntax is weird.

Zozma

oh i remember another formula now that never really balanced well

samura skills, i was hoping for a formula that made them balanced weather you are a mage or a fighter....

AvengerXP

QuoteFormula 4D [Mutilate, Drain Touch]
4D AbsHP_(Y)% * MaxHP Hit_(MA+X)% NS becomes 4D AbsHP_(Y)% * Min(999,MaxHP) Hit_(MA+X)% NS

Formula 09 [Demi, Demi 2, Lich]
09 Dmg_(Y/100)% * MaxHP Hit_F(MA+X)% becomes 09 Dmg_(Y/100)% * Min(999,MaxHP) Hit_F(MA+X)%

Formula 10 [Life Drain, Drain]
10 AbsHP_(Y)% * MaxHP Hit_F(MA+X)% NS becomes 10 AbsHP_(Y)% * Min(999,MaxHP) Hit_F(MA+X)% NS
BATTLE.BIN
0x11F62C change 00000000 to FF4D0508

0xEC7FC
E803622C
E7030334
8D190608

This hack causes the formula to randomly generate Y*10 damage instead of its regular HP cutting formula. I have a Time Mage cast Demi 2 on 5 people, 3 out of 5 take half their HP in damage and the other 2 took 500 damage. I can't explain why.

Vanya

Are you sure you inserted the hack correctly?
¯\(°_0)/¯

AvengerXP

August 04, 2010, 06:01:14 pm #834 Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 08:42:33 pm by AvengerXP
For the Demi formula hack, I am pretty sure I had it correctly because when I don't, the emulator crashes like theres no tomorrow. Here is the code before and after in case my code differs from yours (PSX ISO).

Orig ->  7D C0 DF 1C 06 55 60 1F 7D C1 C7 1C 15 55 CD FF DC AC 01 C7 C1 6C 30 0F
Hack -> E8 03 62 2C 02 00 40 14 00 00 00 00 E7 03 03 34 8D 19 06 08 00 00 00 00

The pointer in the original code is 00000000 and I correctly entered the new pointer FF4D0508

EDIT : Raise doesn't add Dead to Undead it only deals its damage, my bad, removed Phoenix Down section. I swear I remember it killing sometimes guess I play too much other FFs. So basically the Phoenix Down hack makes it behave like the original Raise spell (25% damage total). Thanks Zod.

Xifanie

What, it has no side effect because that's the way Raise always worked. That Phoenix Down hack was never meant to affect Raise.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

C1REX

I like the hack that gives Defend damage reduction.
Apologies for a noob question but how such xml would look like if I wanted 50% or 75% damage reduction?

It takes a support slot and action during a fight so it should make a big difference imho.