• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:47:38 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Capture Dat Flag!

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, May 10, 2011, 06:06:43 am

VampragonLord

Spotting an open zaku further down the line, and, not seeing anyone else, she figured she might as well take a look. Lyra wandered towards it, giving a quick wave over to see if she'd been noticed, while trying to figure out what was in his hand. Raising her voice a bit but doing her best not to shout, she called out to him "Hellooo over there. Is that you cap'n?" She looked about, seeing if anyone else was in the hangar aside from the occasional worker, while aiming herself down the line of zaku IIs to the open cockpit
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

RavenOfRazgriz

Atrius slips the photo casually into one of the grooves of the Zaku's controls as he hears Lyra's call to him, allowing it to sit upright and facing towards him.  "What is it, Lyra?" he asks, turning to her as she makes her way down the catwalk to his Zaku.

VampragonLord

Lyra finally reached the zaku, standing just outside the cockpit and leaning in a bit. "Nothing in particular sir, was just looking to get to know the squad better, and you're the first person i bumped into, I haven't really seen anyone outside of you and vie since lunch earlier. We're you up to anything in particular, or are you free to socialize?" She then looked around a bit inside of his zaku, not looking to spot anything in particular, but a bit curious as to what the captain held dear enough to keep with him on missions.

st4rw4k3r

May 27, 2011, 09:50:59 pm #143 Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:12:21 pm by st4rw4k3r
Vie wakes up from her nap and checks the clock; 6:37. Just in time for Dinner. Vie jumps out of bed, gets dressed and walks out her room, in the direction of the Cafeteria. As she enters, she notices the line is packed with people and everyone is eating all the food on their plate. Upon further inspection, Vie finds that its Pizza and Burgers! "You look quite happy." a voice says to Vie. Vie turns to meet a man, she nods. "Looks as though you didn't know what to expect for the meal." The man reaches into his pocket and hands Vie a paper. "Here, I don't need it anymore. Its a meal menu. Its the same every week, yet it tastes different every time we eat it. Any way I have to get in line." He turns and walks in line. Vie unfolds the paper and looks at it. "Today is.... Tuesday, if I'm not mistaken." Burgers/Pizza and Ice Cream for Dinner! Vie could hardly contain herself. She jump straight in line to get her food. After the long wait, Vie got her plate filled with Mushroom Pineapple Pizza and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. She stood around for a second, scanning the room for any of the members, she only saw half the room before her stomach forced her to sit down and devour the mass of food on her plate.

After eating, Vie heads to her room and begins reading a book, "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep", while drinking a nice glass of red wine.

RavenOfRazgriz

"I'm free now, yes." Atrius begins.  Leaning in some you can see the photo but aren't able to discern much of it. Suddenly, the entire building begins to shake with the force of an impact, as a female voice begins blaring over the loudspeakers.

"The enemy!  They's snuck... HOW MANY UNITS?!  All pilots to your machines, launch immediately!"  the voice orders, cutting into their free time as Atrius sneaks a small sigh through.

"...Looks like I'm not free much longer, sadly."

(This is the warning to wrap up all free roleplaying!  The next battle segment shall be beginning within a few short hours of the time I make this post!)

VampragonLord

Lyra, already leaning fairly far into the mech, loses her balance at the shaking and falls forward into the mech. She blushes profusely, stammering out an apology to the captain as she climbs out. "Knew i shoulda grabbed hold of the railing! so sorry cap'n, i'll just be heading over to my mech. Any idea whats going on? it sounds like there's gonna be trouble...." She began dusting herself off and standing up properly, looking up and down the rows, wondering if her comrades would be running past any time soon to their own zaku.

RavenOfRazgriz

Atrius shrugs off the falling incident without saying anything.  "Sounds like the Feds snuck another strike force this way. They're persistent about this place. We're probably being hammered by Type-61s right now, so don't step outside without your Zaku,"

VampragonLord

"Right! zaku! I'll be ready to head out shortly captain!" With that, she gave him a quick wave, then dashed off to her zaku, her head tucked down slightly so she didn't get distracted by anyone else as she went, hoping to get to her zaku in time to head out with the rest of the group

st4rw4k3r

Vie is sitting in her bed reading her book, and drinking her wine, when the base started shaking. Vie set her drink and book down, takes off her reading glasses, and darts towards the door stopping for a moment. She walks back to her wine. "Might need this." She finishes it off, and darts out the door to the hangar. Entering the hangar, Vie sees Lyra waving at the captain and heading towards her mech. Vie follows as Lyra is doing and heads into her mech. While in, she says over the com to the crew. "At this hour? I really needed this." Vie sighed. "Ready captain."

MysticKnightFF5

Rellia finally shuffles into the hanger (slowly, at that), clad in her pajamas, looking about as everybody else was scrambling for their mechs...
"I can never seem to get any sleep..." she grumbles as she tries to fix her hair a little and simultaneously lazily climb into her zaku. After finally getting in, she closes the hatch and turns on the comm, and with a yawn, reports, "Rellia reporting..." and softly half meows, half moans into the comm before switching it off.
Her Zaku I boots up fully and stands, while also turning on the heat hawk and boosters for a mere flash, for testing.

VampragonLord

Lyra climbed into her zaku, and just as she started closing the cockpit she heard Rellia report herself in, albeit fairly groggily. "Lyra reporting in too! You alright Rellia? Didn't see much of you earlier. Wanna grab some coffee once this is taken care of?" Lyra chimed back cheerily, her nap having rejuvenated her.

MysticKnightFF5

May 27, 2011, 11:36:26 pm #151 Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:45:06 pm by MysticKnightFF5
"I'll survive...I hope" she responds back, still quite tired. "Coffee might be good...with creme and whipped creme and milk and--OH! I'm sorry, ending comm chatter! Over and out." she quickly turns off the comm and sighs to herself.
She's losing it with how tired she is.

RavenOfRazgriz

May 28, 2011, 12:00:43 am #152 Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 03:54:06 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
----------Scenario Intro----------

"Cobra team!" the female voice sounds over their transmission.  "We're being hit from the north and the east by an unknown number of enemy units.  Team up with the base defense team and take the units to the north.  The Snap Dragon team will be handling the units on your east flank, so put some trust in them and focus on the northern group.  We've already radioed for reinforcements, but we're so far north of everyone we may as well be the California Outpost, so they'll be a while.  All you need to do is repel the enemy!  We'll be deploying some Mazella Attack Tanks to help give you supporting fire!  Good luck!"

"You heard her," Atrius begins addressing his team. "All we need to do is make them run, remember that."  As the hangar door opens, they see a bazooka toting Zaku II, one of the base defense units assuredly, get blown onto its back as tank fire hails down around it.  "Guess that's our cue to be careful, they went pretty all-out this time from the looks of it.  Anyone with grenades, lets try to thin them out without exposing ourselves from the base wall."

Objective: Route the Enemy.
Bonus Objective: None.
Weather: Nighttime.
Terrain: Surface - Desert.

(For a version without the effects, look here!)

(Tip!: Now is the time for real combat, no more pulled punches!  Be proud, and earn your wings this fight!)

(Note: No, you can't fire over the tops of the rocks, they're supposed to be large mesas.  You can, however, shoot and be shot over the top half of the fence if you aren't shooting too low to the ground.  It is only waist-high to a Mobile Suit  Also, time for posting on this Battle Pane expires 11:59pm EST on Sunday.)

Desert Cobras:

Atrius Schliend - "The Viper"
MS-06C Zaku II Early Production Type
Core HP: 40
Booster Jump Fuel: 2
Right Shoulder Armor HP: 12.
Left Shoulder Armor Power: 8.
Right Hand: 280mm Bazooka - Ammo: 4.
Left Hand: Doublehanding 280mm Bazooka
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 105mm Machine Gun.
Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Back Hip Clamp: 105mm Machine Gun - Ammo: 100.

Lyra Leylande
MS-05B Zaku I
Core HP: 35
Left Shoulder Armor Power: 8
Left Hand: Doublehanding 280mm Bazooka.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Left Hip Clamp: Cracker Grenades - Ammo: 2.
Back Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.

May Greenfield
MS-06C Zaku II Early Production Type ["Merrygate"]
Head: Head Vulcan - Ammo: 100
Left Shoulder Armor HP: 12.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Back Hip Clamp: None.

Buliwyf Herger
Right Hand: None.
Left Hand: None.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for Shotgun.
Left Hip Clamp: Shotgun - Ammo: 8.
Back Hip Clamp: Heat Hawk ["Skinning Blade"].

Florance Vie Silette
Right Hand: 120mm Machine Gun - Ammo: 85.
Left Hand: Knuckle Shield - HP 10.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 120mm Machine Gun.
Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 120mm Machine Gun.
Back Hip Clamp: Cracker Grenades - Ammo: 2.

Rellia Lunar
MS-05B Zaku I
Right Hand: Heat Hawk.
Left Hand: Doublehanding Heat Hawk.
Right Hip Clamp: None.
Left Hip Clamp: None.
Back Hip Clamp: None.

Seth "Setch" Harrow
MS-05B Zaku I ["Steel Freedom"]
Head: Head Vulcan - Ammo: 100.
Right Hand: 120mm Machine Gun - Ammo: 100.
Left Hand: Doublehanding 120mm Machine Gun.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 120mm Machine Gun.
Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 120mm Machine Gun.
Back Hip Clamp: Heat Hawk.

Guests:

MS-06C Zaku II - 1
HP: 32
Right Hand: 280mm Bazooka.

MS-06C Zaku II - 2
HP: 40
Right Hand: 120mm Machine Gun.

MS-05B Zaku II - 1
HP: 35
Right Hand: 120mm Machine Gun.

VampragonLord

May 28, 2011, 12:17:57 am #153 Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 06:47:22 am by VampragonLord
Lyra quickly scouted about, "Just hold the north end? sounds easy enough to me." She said to herself, she then flicked on her comm "Looks like theyve got bazookas, lets fan out a bit." switching it off shortly after. Wanting to free up some space between herself and her allies, not liking the feel of multiple units so clustered, 1) Lyra dashed her zaku off to P23. 2) She then hooked and threw a grenade at P16, 3-4)before returning her second hand to her bazooka, firing off 2 rounds, one at Q17 and one at P15, aiming high on both, hoping to use the rounds semi-homing to her advantage, and to utterly confuse the enemies with all the explosions, ducking behind the cover of the fence, unfortunately not getting to watch her own explosions.

1) Move to p23
2) unhook and throw grenade at P16
3-4) Secure second hand on bazooka, then fire two bazooka rounds off, one at Q17 one at P15, aim a little high on both.
5) crouch behind fence

MysticKnightFF5

NOTE TO RAVEN: NOT MY TURN
Rellia turns on the comm and asks, "Could somebody please run distraction for me? It would be very helpful to me in sabotaging the enemy team. Over and out."

st4rw4k3r

"Lets hurry this battle up, I have a book and some wine waiting for me." Vie dashes over to B24 1) and tosses a grenade into the bundle of enemies up ahead. 2) Vie begins to fire at the enemies. 3-5) "Scratch the book, anyone care for some wine after this. I have a nice selection."

1) Dashes over to B24
2) Tosses a grenade at D16
3a) If Fanfan 2 is alive: Fire 10 Bullets at it, E16
3b) If Fanfan 2 is dead: Fire 20 bullets at Tank 6, B16
4) Fire 20 bullets at Tank 5, C16
5) Fire 20 Bullets at Zaku 1, C14

formerdeathcorps

May 28, 2011, 08:45:17 am #156 Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 08:46:11 am by formerdeathcorps
((NOT MY TURN EITHER.))

After attempting to eat a second helping of cake with canned string beans, Setch returned to his hangar, barely able to stomach the combined taste.  The cadet from before was now standing on a riser, tightening the bolts of the newly installed cannon.

"Back to bug me, hotshot?"
"You fixin' up the suit too?"
"Nah, I don't know how.  The bots are doing that."
"Figures.  Ah well...I've got stuff to fix myself."
Taking a screwdriver and pliers from the toolkit by the jack, Setch climbed up the ladder to the cockpit's door.  "Hey, is it really true?"
"Eh?"
"That you're with the Cobras?"
"Guess so."  Before the boy could say another word, Setch climbed into the control room and placed the tools onto his piloting chair.  Opening a box normally reserved for mementos, Setch produced a canister of refrigerant, a flashlight, and duct tape.  As he removed the casing for his AC unit and crawled into the messy tangle of wires, Setch blinked.  Nothing seemed wrong.  The canister he had installed last time was still firmly held in place by the gray tape.  Despite the mess, no wire was out of place.  Fishing around the output vent, his finger was sharply cut as his nail protruded from the top of the vent.  Immediately retracting his finger, Setch directed his flashlight at the spot, only to see the two metal plates he had bolted together before come violently undone, with sharpened edges replacing where connected pieces of steel once were.
"Yew piece of crap!"  Dropping all his tools at once, Setch burst from his cockpit.  "Hey, yeh still there?"
"Almost done."
"When the fixers come, get 'em to fix my AC with a welder."
"Only if you help me sneak out next time."
"Deal."  Walking into the lobby, Setch shook his head.  "He really that dumb?  Nothin' I really gotta promise."

Placing his bloodied finger into his pocket and a smirk onto his face, Setch entered the room marked B9 and plopped himself into his cot.  Within minutes, he began to snore...

He was in that cursed place again.  Buried under rubble like a rat, he could only listen to rumble of the T-61s, the droning propellers of the FanFans, and screeching of the Manta bombers as they passed.  Occasionally, a boom would punctuate his relative calm as rocket artillery blasted at some mech pilot, just like him, somewhere.  Even the city, now mostly a reduced pile of rubble, had a name that read like a curse.  A death curse, as victorious enemy squads examined the city, block by ruined block, for survivors.
"Setch, they're coming our way!  I can hear them!"
"What now?"
"I'll smash 'em!  I'm not rotting in a cell!"
"Yer outta..."  IN front, a Zaku emerged from the pile of rubble, like a bug slowly casting off an old skeleton..  Before the last piece of rubbish even fell off the mech, however, a dozen missiles were fired into the pile....

Alarms blared.  A shrill voice screamed over the intercom about a sudden attack.
"A-Ambush?  Now?  Can't be!"
Jumping to his feet, Setch darted down the lobby and rushed into his hangar.  Leaping into his mech, Setch turned on his AC and locked the latch.  Sweet cold air blasted his face as the hangar door opened to reveal a dark sky.
"This is Setch, reportin'.  We've bin ambushed?"  
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

NinjaWeazel

Buliwyf is quick to join the others outside the hangar.  He takes a quick glance at the enemies and grunts.  Opening the teams comm channel, he places his hands lightly on the controls.  "Not nearly as much cover this time out.  Everybody watch your asses, I'll try and buy us some room to maneuver.  Need someone on that northwest Fanfan, please."  The old man slams his Zaku into motion, sprinting to the northwest in a zig-zagging pattern as he draws his shotgun. (1-2)  "Time to take the gloves off."  His mech pounds across the sand before stomping sharply down on the front of a tank and flipping it up as cover. (3)  His shotgun emerges around the side of his improvised shield to pump two rounds into the machine-gun wielding Zaku ahead.

1-2) move to A16
3) flip tank 4 up on its nose, burying the barrel in the sand and turning it into improvised cover.
4-5) Zaku 1 eats a pair of shotgun blasts.

MysticKnightFF5

Rellia turns off her IF signal.
1) Rellia turns off her IF signal
2) Rellia GTFOs

formerdeathcorps

May 29, 2011, 03:22:35 am #159 Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 03:40:54 am by formerdeathcorps
"They got suits now, eh?  Let's take 'em first!  I got right side 'slong as someone's got my back."  Yanking back on the accelerator shaft, Setch sped his mech towards the tank barracks (1) and slowly edged his machine around the space formed between two adjacent buildings (2).  Emerging from his cover, Setch discharged his rounds into the nearest FanFan (3).  As the attack helicopter turned into nothing more than a fireball, Setch turned to face and fire upon the enemy Zaku's head (4).  While the enemy Zaku scrambled to retaliate with the gun in his hands, Setch pulled his drive shaft backwards, retreating his mech into the previous hiding spot (5).

1) Move to N26 linearly.
2) Move to R24
3) Shoot 9 rounds at FanFan 1
4) Shoot 21 rounds at Zaku at P15, aiming for the eyes.
5) Move to P26.

Rounds Used: 30
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.