• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:47:29 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFTA2 Grim Grimore Question

Started by OmegaPantherz, September 27, 2014, 06:34:44 pm

OmegaPantherz

i looked on google for ffta2 rom hacks and i found one called FFTA2 Grim Grimore but i can't find no download links for the game except for a alpha version. Is there a complete version of this hack

Jigi

doubt it. The person working on this is currently more focused on ffta, ffta2 comes after that. So you could play the first 1 while you wait
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Jigi

Eternal

That, and I'm waiting for more research to be done on FFTA2. A lot's been done already, but we really need more tools for it. FFTA2 GG is a good start, though.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

bcrobert

There aren't any researchers or toolmakers currently working on FFTA2. That's the main thing.

Even the number of FFTA researchers and toolmakers can be counted on one hand. And that would still be counting the ones that are no longer active. The spinoff sequels to FFT just don't have that much of a following.

But interest occasionally pops up, so at least it's not hopeless. :P
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

Jigi

I truly hope it isn't hopeless. I would love to see a GG of this game. lol I'm trying to do some editing of my own but it's so hard to figure out whats what in a hex editor, makes appreciate the hacks even more.

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Jigi

Eternal

Good news bad news time. Good news is that I still have all the old spreadsheets containing vital FFTA2 data. Bad news is I have no clue how to program, code, or hack, meaning I can't do crap with them. If anyone could, I would love for you to help! :)
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

bcrobert

You should post the spreadsheets then. You know you want to.
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

Eternal