• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:35:11 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Zotis

Yes it is, and really that's more what I'm going for.  Frog was just a nice touch but it is not as important to the character's overall build.

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Malroth

FDC's team was brutaly effective and probably would have been a serious contender in the recent tournament

Barren

Zotis

formerdeathcorps' team is a beast.  Dang.  Well, I changed my team up a lot now.

Barren

Zotis

Awesome! Thanks a lot Barren.  I had a suspicion that the strengthen wouldn't stack.  I'm not sure yet how I'll rework the ninja.

I have a question.  How exactly does Meiton work?  Dmg_((145-Fai)*(145-Fai)*PA*9)
So, 105*85=8,925 *PA...*9... I mean that's like a billion damage so obviously I have no idea how this formula is supposed to work...

Malroth

That one was a lot of fun,  Earth absorb + Mimed Kiku's and earth slash made for a very scary team,  I'm thinking this is the best mime team i've seen so far

Edit
There's an unstated divide by 10,000 on all brave and faith based damage formulae

Malroth

Swap Iga knife for Koga Knife if you want to hit harder in melee (also reccomend swapping Meiton for Fuuton if you do)  or for Ninja Knife for slightly stronger earth slashes

Zotis

Thanks Malroth, yeah the Mime worked perfectly.  The ninja didn't really do what I was expecting though.  I wanted him to use Meiton more, but Meiton also did a lot less damage than I was expecting.  When exactly does the 10,000 divide take place?

Also, how much PA would the Strengthen Earth be equivalent to?

Malroth

October 22, 2013, 06:31:34 pm #2410 Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:40:08 pm by Malroth
Meiton was never used because my team absorbs dark and water and it did crap damage becaue it only hit high faith units

for PA 6-8 units its worth 2
for PA 9-11 its worth 3
For PA 12-14 its worth 4
For PA 15-17  its worth 5

Dokurider

(([145-Faith]/100)*([145-Faith]/100)*PA*9) = Unfaith damage

Lemme make it easy. From a 40 Faith unit, you get: ([145-40]/100) = 1.05. You have 8 PA with Attack Up First after Attack Up, you'll end up with 10.67, truncated down to 10. Then you multiply with the Y value, 9, which will get us 90. Now we multiply the Unfaith factor, 1.05, and that gets us 94.5, truncated to 94 damage.

Now you cast this onto a unit that has 45 faith. Using that value, we get: ([145-45]/100) = 1.00, meaning we deal exactly 94 damage. If he had 50 faith, we would be dealing 95% damage or 89 damage. At 70 faith, he would be deal only 75% damage, or 70 damage.

As for what Strengthen: Elemental adds, it multiples XA or the stat we are using, PA, MA or Speed, by 25%. So with a unit with 12 PA, we would get boosted to 15 PA. At 15 PA, that would come out to 18.75, but since FFT truncates, or drops fractions on outputs, you have end up with just 18 PA.  This boost does stack on top of Magic Attack Up/Attack Up/Overwhelm, but in order to have an accurate number, you must do Element Boosting before applying the Support Boosts.

Hopefully that clarifies your confusion. We just list truncated formulas because we assume that everyone that reads them knows and understands FFT notion.

Zotis

Okay that makes sense.  So basically both the user and target have to be innocenced in order for it to be super effective.

Malroth

Its good against the standard 70/40 fighter type or the 40/40 wall type  unless they just happen to be absorbing the -tons you're using like i was.

Zotis

Well, I think I'll hang onto it for now, I just gave him a Sadist's Whip to boost it a bit.  I think for it to be really effective though you need to inflict innocent on the other team as well.

Andante49

October 23, 2013, 01:10:09 am #2416 Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 06:19:39 pm by Andante49
Thanks for the videos, and the awesome tournament  :D
I see that some tweaks and redesigns are in order.

Also, is Lore dieing in 39? NM, posted the team anyway

Dokurider

I've recieved a request for some post tourney dream matches, basically challenging a team you didn't get to fight. The question I have is that whether I should use the original teams setups used in the tourney or the ones that have been modified? Any thoughts on this?

reinoe

October 25, 2013, 12:05:15 am #2419 Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 12:21:48 am by reinoe
Quote from: Dokurider on October 24, 2013, 05:03:02 pm
[FFT Arena 138d]Andante49 (Organic Superlubricant) vs DomieV (Famous Knights)

The way the paladin moves in between the Priest and the Chemist at 28:10 might be the most hardcore meta ever.  And the A.I. just camps there until the priest crystalizes.  I doubt even a human would have thought of doing something like that.  I think A.I. vs human matches would be pretty intense despite A.I. limitations because the computer just comes up with brilliant off the wall genius sometimes.

I must commend Andante on the strength of the teams he's submitted so far.  Solid ideas, compatible teams!  I know that it might seem like I'm being patronizing considering that that you weren't able to defeat Famous Knights, but that's a brutal team and they're very good.  Keep up the great work and I hope you submit many more teams in the future.
My dreams can come true!