• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:54:18 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] FFT: Plus Chat/discussion topic

Started by Dome, July 29, 2011, 07:26:52 pm

Dome

You did it? Great :-)
Let us know if you are stuck again :-)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Otabo

I've been seeing some weird things in Terminate, and I'm seriously confused as to what is going on here...

First, in the Cleric + Soldier fight, is the Cleric supposed to start off with Dead status? And is the Soldier intended to be hit with status? Because as it is now, it's a REALLY easy battle. I'm just wondering.

Second, just what is the other battle supposed to be? I see a Mime and...that's it. And once it goes, it keeps getting turns but doing nothing. Thing is, it won't stop acting, and I can't get any turns at all. What's the deal with this fight, whatever it's supposed to be.

Dome

Mmm...no, that's not how fights are supposed to be
Thanks for the report, I'll fix those fight for the next release :-)

Otabo

Ok, I was just curious, because after getting my ass handed to me by the steel giants in Nogias so many times, it was strange to find something like that on the second floor. :D

I'll let you know if I find anything else strange.

Dome

That's a very good thing to hear!
Few players actually dare to step into the Deep Dungeon XD

Dchen40

If I download this, will I only be able to play your version?

Dome

Dchen40

Never mind, I read more and found out. Downloading right now.

krilz

Hey, what's up, I'm back again and ready to test out this patch which seems awesome from what I've read so far. However one thing I haven't found an answer to yet is if all the item locations are unchanged, such as where to get the Genji equipment, the DD items, the Nelveska ones etc.

Otabo

I've just went through the game recently, and I think the Nelveska items are located somewhere else - all I got from there were Elixirs. I'm guessing they're on some floor in the DD. I'm only on the second floor in DD myself (well, technically third, because second floor is bugged right now), so I'm not sure if the DD items have changed. The Genji gear, on the other hand, is still on Elmdor though.

That reminds me, Dome - do katanas break in FFT+? Because I haven't seen a single katana break yet; either that or I've been getting extremely lucky.

Dome

Nelveska's items are in the DD now, as the vanish mantle

No, Katanas do not break in FFT: Plus :-)

Author

What

shit I bought like five or six of one Katana iirc :|

Dome

Quote from: Author on April 15, 2012, 01:45:52 am
What

shit I bought like five or six of one Katana iirc :|

Seriously? Katanas aren't supposed to break, I tested the hack using each katana 3 times during a fight and none broke
Are you sure?

Author

No I mean I bought them because I thought they would break. >>

<-- IS AN IDIOT

Otabo

QuoteWhat

shit I bought like five or six of one Katana iirc

Same. I'm sitting on a pile of like 20+ Murasames, Muramasas and Kikus right now, lol. Time to sell 'em.

<< Is not used to having non-breakable katanas.  :D

Dome

You should be thankful, I highly dislike draw out and at first I wanted to remove it
Instead, I decided to leave it there and removing the whole "Katans can break if used" matter XD

Otabo

Oh I'm definetly glad that katanas can't break; I just didn't find out about them until very recently.

By the way, I found two more issues in DD.

- One of the battles in Mlapan has no enemies at all, resulting in an instant victory.
- Not sure if this one was intentional or not, but none of the squires in Bridge have reaction abilities.

Dome

Thanks again for the report, I'll fix those bugs :-)

krilz

Alright, another question which I couldn't find an answer too: Is it possible to raise your brave permanently?