• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:36:42 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Questions I have about Hack FFT Roms.

Started by yexus, February 08, 2013, 08:46:49 pm

yexus

I guess I have got some questions for the community on hacking.

1. Is there a list somewhere that tells which of the unused sprites (From shishi's sprite manager) is safe for replacement?
I.E. Can I basically replace any human sprites with any other human type? and Monsters with Monsters?
For example can i replace "49 - 10 year old male" with say "Tidus" (from the sprite download section).

2. In the "FFTEVGRP" tool, I notice that there is only 81 (x51) slots you can choose from, Is there any documentation anywhere that says which of these Character slots correspond to which Sprites?

3. I notice that some Commands in are blank, If I edit them in FFTactext (ie change a blank one to say "Deathblows") And I use FFTPatcher to assign skills to the command. And then I assign this command (It'll look blank in FFTPatcher) to my character, can My character use the skills that are assigned to the command?

4. I like all the custom patches that I can find on this board, from Celdia's to Parted Ways. One of the things I want to do is Instead of say having Balthier in Parted Ways, I want to add in Tidus and assign different skills to the command that Balthier have. My question is I can't open a PPF Patched ISO with Shishi's tool or with FFTEVGRP, is there any way to do what I want to do?

Thats all the questions that I can think off for now. Thanks.

Apocryphist

You can assign different skills to different jobs in FFTpatcher. So, just open up your .iso with it (as long as you've backed it up!), go to the jobs tab, scroll down to the bottom where it says Sky Pirate, and you can rename the class and edit its ability set.