• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:40:42 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Luiakyn's(Omnir's) Sprites

Started by Luiakyn, March 19, 2014, 08:33:54 pm

Luiakyn

Double post -- very slow progress, but attacks are now aligned.

More tweaking (especially with walking) to come.

Vanya

Cool, I can't wait to see this guy in action.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Twinees

I like all the custom poses and animations you've done for Duma. They look great. The horns on the back view frames are good and pretty consistent, I still get the feeling that the horns are lopsided on the front view though, I think I mentioned that a long time ago. Not a big fan of the palette at the moment, particularly the reds but that is easily changeable if you are inclined to do so. Good luck on the rest of the sprite touch ups!
  • Modding version: PSX

Jumza

This is excellent! Same as Vanya, I can't wait to try it out!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Luiakyn

Thanks Twinees! That's what I need! I totally agree with both, looking at them. I'll fix that ;)

Slowly tweaking and working on them -- Hope for a proper sheet by the 30th.

CONMAN

This is absolutely awesome Luiakyn!  How long has this site been waiting for a real/complete/new Lucavi!?!  Great work!  I'm so used to seeing great single frames that don't get followed up!  It's refreshing to see you near the finish line!

Luiakyn

Thanks a ton, CONMAN : D Sadly, it still took me a long while to follow up on these -- but they're finally getting somewhere.

Luiakyn

So, a long, long time has passed. I redid the horns, and the attack. I'm thinking of redoing the non-attack horns *again*

Also, it needs a bit of cleaning up:

Jumza

Ooh, I like the new horn attack! Welcome back! Looking forward to more Lucavi goodness
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Luiakyn

Luiakyn

I'm really bad at portraits, and will be cleaning this up even further, but:

Vanya

Awesome! This is looking great!  Keep it up, man. Can't wait to see this guy in action.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Luiakyn

Feel free to try him out and tell me what you find odd/out of place

Also, updated Zebbeb

CONMAN

That's great too, Luiakyn! Lovin it!

Luiakyn

Thanks :D I want to revisit the old ones that I'm not happy with. Zel/Azazel is next.

As for play style, Duma will thankfully just be a physical powerhouse (he is inherently silent). Zebbeb will be very agile, and do disease related spells, Lebyatan (Leviathan) will be water and chaos (and thus, I'm thinking "transparent" skill).

Zel -- this is a hard one. due to name and alignment, he'll be the "Annihilator", as he is a Judge (most AI-based movies judge that mankind should be wiped out -- demons would be no different), and "Azazel" roughly comes out to mean " to remove". If i could do custom spells, I'd give him "Fade" (FF1's "holy") and dimensional magic that would remove the characters from the realm. The game might not even be allowed to support that.

Rophocale is of "order", and that may come to mean he'll have more allies and summoning (my thoughts are that order relies on the authority over a group -- He'll be mighty, himself, but with a host to further pronounce that. He'll be mostly anti-light

Cheraub is an oddity to me. I'll be thinking on it.I'm thinking a false holy sort.

CONMAN

I like your thoughts on these zodiac demons play style.  I had already been planing on using your Duma for a while and had the same thoughts as far as "physical powerhouse".

Not long ago I tried to see if I could manage to use the werewolf base to try and create some kind of a bipedal griffin... reminded me just how difficult these large sprites are.  Really admire your ability!

Luiakyn

August 21, 2016, 04:16:10 am #176 Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 04:28:01 pm by Luiakyn
Thanks :) it does take a ton of time, and more, motivation to get the large creatures out. Currently working on Zebbeb (back concept done), and Leviathan.

To expand on Duma's physical powerhousing: His name is derived from an "angel of silence", which would mean in the FF world that he wouldn't be able to cast magic. And the sprite/sign fits, also >: 3

I'm guessing the Griffin would be 4 limbed? or 2 arms, and 2 legs?

Small update: Note, I don't really like Cheraub in this form, either. I'm trying to think of something, though... And walk animation is very alpha

Timbo

• Discord username: Timbo

Luiakyn

Oh, I know. I have the Cherub with the 4 heads, 6 wings, etc. But it didn't feel right :(

Vanya

I read an Islamic description once of cherubim appearing as dark beings with 4 wings and a multitude of eyes all over their bodies.
I don't remember the source, but it dies make for an interesting visual. Looking like not much more than a black torso with random eyes.
¯\(°_0)/¯