• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:18:09 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[VOTE] Official Sprite Contest: Ivalicians Abroad

Started by Celdia, July 05, 2013, 02:47:44 am

Vote for your favorite!

FFT Reimagined as FF1 [Cheetah]
6 (19.4%)
Emblem Tactics - Fire Emblem 6, 7, 8 [Diethe]
17 (54.8%)
Male Knight in Yggdra Union style [Jumza]
13 (41.9%)
FFTxAnadu [Lijj]
12 (38.7%)
Beowulf Cadmus: Defense Attorney [lirmont]
3 (9.7%)
Mobile Suit BYBLOS [lirmont]
4 (12.9%)
Pretty Soldier Sailor Alma [lirmont]
5 (16.1%)
Worker 8 as Gato [lirmont]
7 (22.6%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: July 12, 2013, 02:47:44 am

Mobius

Seems Diethe gets a portrait from me.

Too many prizes going here and there, Im lost. :P
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Kagebunji

First time I see people not maiking their requests when they will be fulfilled, haha. I still have two concepts to do for the winners, speak up.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Mobius

Hehe, lol.

How about a time limit to claim prizes? :P

Or maybe he's thinking about the most difficult challenge to have for us ever.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.

Jumza

That's because we have no memory of what the prizes were. Does anyone have a list?
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

lirmont

July 18, 2013, 08:00:07 pm #24 Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 08:35:02 pm by lirmont
This is not official, but this is how I interpreted the original thread (including the official prize shifts of 1st/2nd place to 2nd/3rd place winners for portraits and sprite concepts as provided by Lijj and Kagebunji, respectively) and the posts in this thread.

• First Place (Diethe):

• A grand prize winner-designed event (by Xifanie).

• Custom portrait #1 (by Lijj; source: link).

• Custom portrait #2 (by Mobius; source: link).

• Inclusion in a joint top 3 winner-designed event (by Elric).

• Second Place (Jumza):

• A portrait-style avatar (by Lijj).

• A sprite concept for the portrait-style avatar (by Kagebunji).

• Third Place (Lijj):

• A portrait-style avatar (by himself; a process known as "lijjception").

• A sprite concept for the portrait-style avatar (by Kagebunji).

Elric, Xifanie, Kagebunji, Lijj and Mobius have each generously offered their talents towards prizes for this competition! To the 1st place winner will go a custom-designed event with custom portraits for the sprites used* and to each of the 2nd and 3rd place winners will go custom portrait-style avatars done by Lijj as well as sprite concepts done by Kagebunji. In addition to all those, Elric has offered to create a custom event as a collective effort to be designed by our top three winners! I hope the sprites in the contest are even half as amazing as the prizes being offered! Thank you all for your contributions! ...I think I've pretty much lost any logical way to describe all of these by now. @_@ If I get any more prizes to add I'm just going to make it a bullet-point list. -_-;;
* - some restrictions may apply, offer not valid on all planets, no purchase necessary

So, Diethe needs to do the following: (1) design an event script (to be forwarded to Xifanie; technical restrictions: no custom sprites?, no custom maps, no EVTCHR work, and other restrictions may apply; heart of offer: "The custom event can be written by the winner, and I'll make it come to life."), (2) pick a character for a custom portrait (to be forwarded to Lijj), (3) pick another character for a custom portrait (to be forwarded to Mobius), and (4) help design the joint event script (to be forwarded to Elric).

Jumza needs to do the following: (1) pick a character (to be forwarded to Lijj and Kagebunji; done: link) and (2) help design the joint event script (to be forwarded to Elric).

Lijj needs to do the following: (1) pick a character (to be forwarded to himself and Kagebunji)? and (2) help design the joint event script (to be forwarded to Elric).

Jumza

Thanks Lirmy.
Kage I guess I'd like you to do the one framer of the image I posted before (Don't do the purple one though, I'd prefer the one framer be of the girl).
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Kagebunji

I'm on it. Just give me more info on her, for example her name and which game she is from, so that I can google more images for references and stuff.

Lirmont, you were pretty much spot on, only correction is that I wanted to do sprite concetps for first two places, but this is fine too :P

Jumza

Rosary from the game Yggdra Union, which is what my entry was based off of.

I typed in yggdra union sprite rips and my contest entry popped up, yay internet!

Diethe

I'll update this thread when I've come up with something, and thanks Lir.
  • Discord username: Diethe

Kagebunji

Jumza, I have some of it done, girl has lots of colors and details and it's taking a while, heh. On a side note, it would probably go faster, but I got interested in the sprite style, and decided to download the game, enjoying it so far, heh.

3lric

Diethe, Lijj, Jumza, Lirmont, have any of you started to think of what kind of event you'd like to star in yet?

Jumza

Kage: It is an incredible game, are you playing the PSP version? I don't know if it runs well on emulators but the graphics are improved by like x1000 and there are quite a few new and better things about it.

Elric: Not really :P, I'll probably leave most of it to Lirmont, Diethe and Lijj. (I may chime in eventually though)

lirmont

I don't know if I can contribute anything worthwhile, but I did have an idea that goes like this (and maybe it can start the conversation)...

--

"Two Lucavi Walk Into a Bar..." (a.k.a Biggs and Wedge Walk Into a Bar)

Biggs and Wedge, both lucavi, are seen walking and talking, brazenly heading through the entrance up to the bar. (Maybe the people drinking there are those 4 people?)

Wedge: "But I don't think anything will really happen."

Biggs: "Yeah, it's not likely at all."

The Bartender (human) hesitates to do anything, being practically accosted by the two demons.

Biggs: "Pour us a drink!"

The Bartender, scared, slowly turns his back to them.

Biggs: "And don't even think about mixing it with holy water, punk."

The Bartender's intention caught, he ventures to ask what they're doing there. No dialogue, just motions from him. Poor guy doesn't even have a name.

Biggs: "'What are we doing here?' What are WE doing here!? Do you believe this guy, Wedge?"

Wedge: "Hey, human. You know what happened to our usual place?"

The Bartender shakes his head.

Wedge: "He doesn't know, Biggs. He's about as thoughtless as the guy who EXPLODED Cuchulainn!"

Biggs: "What an inconsiderate ass this guy is! That was our bartender's son, you freak!"

Wedge: "All he does now is drink and cry."

Biggs: "Won't pour so much as a damn shot."

The Bartender motions that it wasn't him who did it.

Biggs: "You didn't do it? Wedge, get a load of this guy!"

Wedge: "Hey, buddy. You practically helped that prick do it! We know all about those proposals you were always giving him. You practically funded a hate crime!"

Biggs: "That's real sick, man. Don't bartenders have any kind of brotherhood?"

Meanwhile, the 4 people who were already drinking there slowly start to move position to behind the two demons. One of them accidentally bumps something and makes a noise, drawing attention. The 4 quickly pretend nothing happened, like the game, "Stop and Go", where someone tries to catch you moving after turning their head around.

Wedge: "You hear that, Biggs? Am I going crazy? I want that beer right now, bartender!"

The 4 eventually make it within range, knocking the demons out with, wait for it, metal bars.

3lric

Haha i like where this is going. Though the bartenders movements wont work quite right without some custom EVTCHRs

Jumza

^This^ needs to be done.

I don't know if these are lined up correctly but this could be used for some of the bartenders movements, and the part where he talks without a speech bubble. The colors for the speech bubble are the same as the bartender.
Maybe someone could do the rest, such as him turning around, or shaking his head?

3lric

That could work Jumza, however, if we want the bartender to turn around, things would then become a bit more difficult. I had planned to use an actual sprite for this for just that reason.

Jumza

I guess.

You could still use the speech bubbles though, just cuz I like em so much. Just use the ones that are already in the game though, these are just a rip of those.

Mobius

Doublechecking to see if anyone wants the portrait.

Going off-grid nature adventuring tomorrow for days.

Mobius

August 21, 2013, 07:28:50 am #38 Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:35:46 am by Mobius
Back for a day or two. I managed to work it out with Diethe on his portrait through PM's, and here it is.

Feels good! Stretching spriting muscles for the first time after all those weeks.

And so ends my part here.
Looking forward for more contests, and actually entering on time. :)

lirmont

I feel like it's only appropriate that Diethe takes the vow and joins the Night's Watch. Great job! That cloak looks badass.