• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

A glimpse of something new on the horizon...

Started by Celdia, June 18, 2012, 03:01:51 pm

Kagebunji

Oh, I definitly would like to know what I should be expecting, hehe.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Celdia

September 11, 2012, 09:40:21 am #21 Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:00:52 am by Celdia
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

RavenOfRazgriz

Ignoring obvious glitches you probably already know about and how to fix, I only noticed one problem in that healing heavily outpaced damage potential and made the match quite a slog.  Neither of these are very offensively-leaned classes I know, but the difference between the DPS and healing was pretty severe.  (You also can remove the heals-HP trick from Haste, its already very high on the AI priority list.  Unless you're just making sure the AI always casts Haste before other buffs still.)

Neophyte Ronin

The healing really does interfere; it's overpowered.  Also, it was an affliction-fest that went nowhere, although that's basically the point.  The paring-down of graphical effects helps to hasten the process, though; you could definitely make Enrage and Muddle an area effect.

The cure-all across the screen can dole out more restoration than anything else.  There has to be restrictions out the wazzu before I entertain this as a viable option, because quite frankly, the AI will exploit it, and so will players.  It also ruins some of the distinction that this is a tactical game, due to being far overpowered.  If you wish for one of these, keep its recovery values as low as possible and the costs and CT high and lengthy.

Aesthetics are up there, particularly in the text and ability names.  It's not where it should be balance-wise but I like the Green Mage concept.  So far.  What else ya got for us?

GeneralStrife

Celdia

• Discord username: Celdia#0

Elric

February 26, 2014, 10:06:08 am #26 Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 04:57:37 pm by Elric
Amazingly awesome!

* Elric is a cheater, and is totally okay with it :P