• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 10:04:05 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

A glimpse of something new on the horizon...

Started by Celdia, June 18, 2012, 03:01:51 pm

Celdia

My work continues and something new is on the way.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Taichii

Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Celdia

June 23, 2012, 04:42:04 am #2 Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 04:03:52 pm by Celdia

Plenty of old friends returning with the new.

Kagebunji

Yes, this definitly wil make me play CCP again, hmhm. Did you put some new sprites lately, Celdia?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Celdia

There will be some different character sprites getting into the patch once I get to that part, yes.

Taichii

THAT'S IT! XD
hahaha
boss celdia finally found a way to put in gloves (claws) in the game XD
hohoho... i failed to do that in many horrible times XD
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Argy

Hey Celdia,

I absolutely love what you have done by installing knuckles inot the game, I am a massive fan! Also the statii... brilliant. I do recall that you have placed somewhere on the site on how to make your own statii and on how to create custom items.... i think.

I have been trawling and cant find the above (I am rubbish), is there away that you could post the link, or conversely make one of your super duper guides, that I love using!!

Cheers Argy.

P.S. I am going to try and see if CCP works on my Samsung Note, as I have an emulator!!
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Joseph Strife

I feel it! I feel the anxious for the new version of CCP again. Amazing Work Celdie. :D
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Celdia

Sadly this is just the tip of the iceberg. I'm not even halfway through the weapons yet. Haven't even started putting in the data for skills yet. So much more work to do still.

Lijj

Neophyte Ronin

In terms of between Vanilla and the upcoming patch, how much more content did you manage to get in here without taxing the system's limits?

Celdia

Compared to Vanilla? The story is almost completely untouched. I have a few ideas for mixing up a couple of the iconic battles that are going to require some event editing but if I can't get that to work as planned I will drop those changes. That's it for what's the same. As for the changes...
- All generic jobs have been reworked from Vanilla. This pretty much equates to new stats, new equipment loadouts, all new skills and even some RSM changes/new RSM skills to choose from.
- Almost all the unique units that fight alongside you - Ramza included - have been reworked to some extent (with the - exception of Beowulf since after all the other changes his Vanilla appearance is pretty much its own thing now.)
- All the monsters have been reworked in some fashion or another, several being replaced entirely by something new.
- Every single item in the game has been replaced; weapons, shields, helmets, armor, accessories...all of them.
- Most battles will be different if only for the new jobs involved in them. There are plans/notes for rearranging a lot of them to function better with the new jobs or to give them a wholly different feel.
- There are even a couple of new status effects to change the flow of battle in a pinch.

As for taxing the system's limits...yeah, pretty much everything I do does that. With the old version of my patch (the one currently downloadable) it was pretty much accepted that the patch could not be run reliably on anything but ePSXe and to my knowledge no one has been able to even get it to do more than start outside of using ePSXe or pSXfin. Eboots all fail for PSP emulation early into the game and every other emu out there just plain chokes on it. My patch uses a whole lot of hacks that just don't play well with most emulators.

A quick note for those interested in a comparison between my last update and what's upcoming: There will be a good amount of content returning from the original patch but a whole lot of new stuff as well. Hopefully the changes I'm making won't turn any of my patch's previous fans away. Keep an eye on this thread for more update previews! When I get far enough along, I'll do a proper thread with more detailed information.

Neophyte Ronin

Okay, thank you.  I've played the previous patch for a while, though I'm delving into Dome's Plus project, possibly opting to perform a complete overhaul of the script and tutorial, and haven't had time for yours.  I did enjoy how whimsical it was, but it didn't feel all too balanced.  It also had moments where this detracted from the enjoyment.  Anyway, once I'm through bug-testing for Dome, I might begin to help you out as well.

Celdia

New book icon shamelessly stolen from FFTA2.

Rfh

• Discord username: rfh

Neophyte Ronin

What happened to the old icon?  Tell me you'll make them different, because I would figure each one would be a different thickness and dimension.

Of course, I'm stoked to see so many different books.  I'm guessing the Loremaster will be brought down to size because you'll need a different book for every occasion and must swap them out, losing a turn in the process.  Those guys were harsh the first time around, but now they have to have a strategy or look like shit out in the battlefield.

Kagebunji

Celdie, just dropping in to say your new avatar kicks ass :0
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Celdia

Ha! Thank you, Kage. As usual, its another little masterpiece put together by Twin. Sadly though, neither this port nor an accompanying sprite for it is part of the new CCP update I'm working on.

I should organize some of the stuff that is though, maybe post those here. Hmm....